By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five Games That Define You as a Gamer and/or a Person

"Five nights at freddy's" said no one ever.

Anyways, games don't really make me up, but there's a few that really mean something to me:

Professor Layton Series: Shows just how twisted things can be from reality. Persuaded me to never accept anything for what it is, and to question everything.

Ace Attorney Series: Taught me that you can't trust anyone at certain times. You have to give up feelings and use information to guide the way.

Run For Africa: this was a flash game on some random website, but it meant a lot to me. The creators made it where every 1,000 plays of the game would be a 25 cent donations(it was played several million times). Really let me realize that games can help people influence the world without having to kill yourself.

Besides that, eh...I guess there are more things that helped me become the person that I actually am. Still, people that make games to help people besides them are amazing. They take the effort out of their lives to let people enjoy the game, and let poor people enjoy things such as clean water.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

#1 - Super Mario Bros. Cut my teeth on this bastard and had a glorious time with it.

#2 - Chrono Trigger. Was it the music? The plot? The gameplay? Either way, RPGs can be ****ing AMAZING.

#3 - Metal Gear Solid. I imagine my experience with this was akin to someone seeing the original Star Wars for the first time back in the 70's. Mind. Blowing.

#4 - Grand Theft Auto 3. Now, I loved the first three GTA titles, but nothing could prepare me for how immersing the 6th gen installment would be. So much freedom & so much to do.

#5 The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. Skyrim may have made the experience silky smooth, but my journey going from a lowly n'wah to the Nerevarine of legend was absolutely enthralling and as of yet unmatched.

1. Dark Cloud 2, my all-time favorite game! Spent over 350 hours on that game. Didn't want to finish it.

2. Ocarina Of Time, I got suspended from school on purpose when I got this game. Almost got kicked off the basketball team. Would've been totally worth it!

3. Midnight Club: LA, My first Platinum trophy and it got me hooked to trophy hunting.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

1. Crash Bandicoot: First game I've ever played, and it introduced me to things like the world of fictional characters, and 3D platformers.

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee: One of the first Nintendo games I've ever played. Countless hours were spent playing with family and friends, as well as single player modes. I still watch competitive matches for this game on a frequent basis.

3. Mega Man X: Pretty much one of the best OSTs of all time for me, and features badass character designs. I listen to the Mega Man X OST almost everyday. I prety much love this game to death.

4. EarthBound: A game that doesn't take itself seriously at all, but manages to be a game that can tell an amazing story, feature compelling characters, and is able to be extremely silly and lighthearted on second, serious and somewhat dark the next second. Also, Ness is one of my favorite characters of all time when it comes to design, he's simple, yet charming.

5. Xenoblade Chronicles: I just like a lot of things about this game, the characters, the story, the OST, the battle system, everything about it is amazing. I am also somewhat of a fanbouy of Shulk, but that's only because I like his character, and design.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Cool thread idea op.

5. Rock Band 2 - Specifically Rock Band 2 but the first one was great as well. Basically for the same interaction with friends that my first pick shares with to a lesser extent. Great fun. Also inviting the girls to game with the guys so they can sing was always a great excuse to hang with some girls ;)

4. Mass Effect series - Made me rethink life lol. But seriously the way you interact with all the characters and making choices for them/what those choices impact; it was pretty awesome. I actually cared for video game characters and what happens to them. That's never happened for me before. Pretty awesome stuff.

3. League of Legends - I simply play this game too much lol. Started as a casual noob and now I'm flirting between silver and gold and love watching/rooting for the pros when they play live stream. Got me into pro gaming for League which; as a huge sports fan, used to think was nerdy and a joke.

2. Call of Duty 4 - Got me into online shooters and online gaming as a whole. Socializing with my friends became standard and the whole invite your friends into a game party was freakin sweet at the time.

1. Super Smash Bros - It's not even close really. The ultimate get together for my friends in middle/high school. Such fun. Literally at any time. After school? Come over for Smash. Weekend? Smash party bro. Skipping class? SMASH AT MY HOUSE. All of them are amazing but Brawl holds a special place in my heart since I've played it the most with my high school friends. Great time. I miss this lol.

Also I have over 1000 hours playing Brawl lol.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 2 - I loved cars as a kid, so getting this game exposed me to another side of the car world and cemented my love for cars in a personal level.

Uncharted 2 - Non-stop action and memorable moments, this game was just something else. The graphics and the details were mindblowing (and they still are), the dialogue was well done, the story felt seamless with its proper ups and downs in pace and the locales were well chosen. After 6 years, the original game still holds up by itself.

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - Before this, I haven't heard about this duo nor did have much experience with platformers except with a broken Crash Bandicoot Warped copy. The wittiness, the level design, the weapons, the graphics... it was love at first sight, and I loved the whole series ever since.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - One of the first games I've played as a kid and one of the few that made a change in my life. It's a timeless game that shows creativity has no limits.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Playing this game back then was something special. The soundtrack is arguably the best one in the series, coupled with the vivid color palette, good story and missions, freedom compared to its predecessor, it had this magic that I doubt any other game will replicate.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Well to start, this is my favorite game of all time. It introduced me to JRPG's (hardcore JRPG's), made me fall in love with them and made Fire Emblem my favorite franchise.

Pokemon Emerald

I mean, it's Pokemon. I've always been and always will be a Pokemon fan. Also, Emerald was my first Pokemon game.

Golden Sun

This is another franchise that I absolutely adore. It was technically my first JRPG ever, but I was so young at the time that it didn't occur to me what type of game it was or anything.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Gamecube)

Well I loved racing and cars when I was little and I played this all the time.

Super Mario Sunshine 

Another game that is one of my childhood favorites and honestly, I am just hoping for a remake of it. Or maybe a sequel. Idk. I can dream right?

(There was also a lot of Spyro and Crash Bandicoot in there)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

1. Pokémon Red:
It helped to develop my obsessive need to collect all the things and make them the best they ever were.
2. Starcraft:
It was my first online game that I played to a great extent. I have plenty of memories of being a part of clans when I was 11.
3. Bloodborne:
While I never seriously played any of the Souls games beyond a few hours of Dark Souls 1, I truly loved this game for its challenge, and the power fantasy that accompanied hunting my nightmares. It was a great accomplishment beating this game.
4. Mass Effect 1:
I have wonderful memories of playing through this game the first on my friend's Xbox 360. Perhaps the most enthralling moment was talking to Vigil on Ilos.
5. Persona 4:
Obviously, this one would be here. But I really have an emotional connection to this game, particularly since it helped me through a very difficult time in my life when I first played it.

Paper Mario TTYD helped me become the fan of RPGs that I'm today, Mario World helped me become a gamer, Counter-Strike was the game I always used to play with my friends, Wind Waker helped appreciate the more unique art styles in games and Pokemon FireRed was the main reason I didn't do much homework back then..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BraLoD said:
Angelus said:
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Legend of Dragoon
Deus Ex
Halo
Mass Effect

Yup, you know stuff.

Haha, of course. That game really kicked off my love for RPGs, and it was probably in my PS1 more than any other games I owned on it combined. Must have played through it at least 20 times or so.