By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch Anime English version: say goodbye to bikinis and half naked men

Darwinianevolution said:

Why are we getting all this censorship from Nintendo all of a sudden? I mean, they have censored a lot of things in the past, but we're suddenly a lot of content censored in a lot of games in a very short timespam.

Also, I hope NOE doesn't censore this. Although considering they censored that Tharja scene, I'm not very hopeful.

Nintendo has absolutely nothing to do with the Anime. It's an IP owned by Level-5.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Is it bad that this reminds me when 4kids heavily censored things like One Piece and YuGiOh?

We'll have plenty of jelly-filled donuts in the game then.

You have no idea how much that pissed me off.

Even as a kid, I knew what rice balls were. xD

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Cloudman said:

Considering this anime is meant for kids, they would need to change things like that...

Although, back in the 90s, this might have gone unchanged. There were many adult things present in cartoons that just flew over our heads. Those were crazy times.

Also, need to say this again.

This is. A show. For KIDS. What do you expect?!

This is also a show for kids in Japan. Don't act like Youkai Watch is marketed towards anyone else.

Swimsuits aren't taboo on American made kids shows, so it's kinda odd. Swapping the muscle men for the cook is weirder for me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's not censored, it's localized to local taste!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Wait so people bitch its nintendo? LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS? you think pokemon is also censored by nintendo? you think  everything is censcored by nintendo dont you xD

Around the Network
anonymunchy said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Why are we getting all this censorship from Nintendo all of a sudden? I mean, they have censored a lot of things in the past, but we're suddenly a lot of content censored in a lot of games in a very short timespam.

Also, I hope NOE doesn't censore this. Although considering they censored that Tharja scene, I'm not very hopeful.

Nintendo has absolutely nothing to do with the Anime. It's an IP owned by Level-5.

Ups, I was thinking about the game in this comment XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ultrashroomz said:
Is it bad that this reminds me when 4kids heavily censored things like One Piece and YuGiOh?

Ah the good old times.

Also the Shadow Realm was the truth, one the few things 4Kids did great.

One Piece was intolerable though. They can go to the Shadow Realm for that

Cloudman said:
LivingMetal said:
Cloudman said:

Considering this anime is meant for kids, they would need to change things like that...

Although, back in the 90s, this might have gone unchanged. There were many adult things present in cartoons that just flew over our heads. Those were crazy times.

And what was the target audience in Japan?

Japan is more lenient with this sort of thing though, culturally.

But you did say this is a show "For KIDS."   Regardless of culture, kids are kids everywhere.  Using "kids" and "culture" are two different reasons.  So if it's a cultural reason, then say that instead.  That MIGHT validate your argument more.  But then again, what a certain culture dictates doesn't neccessarily means it's correct. 

Cloudman said:

We're not talking about sex here, but swimsuits. I hope US kids never go to the pool or the beach, it could be bad for them. 

Never had any problem with swimsuits in animes like Pokemon here, I don't understand why this was censored. 

Porcupine_I said:
It's not censored, it's localized to local taste!

So some people have a fetish for half-naked speedo wearing men while others have a fetish for fat sweedish male cooks.  Got ya.