By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch Anime English version: say goodbye to bikinis and half naked men

Cloudman said:

Considering this anime is meant for kids, they would need to change things like that...

Although, back in the 90s, this might have gone unchanged. There were many adult things present in cartoons that just flew over our heads. Those were crazy times.

Also, need to say this again.

This is. A show. For KIDS. What do you expect?!

And what was the target audience in Japan?

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Chevinator123 said:
Cloudman said:

Considering this anime is meant for kids, they would need to change things like that...

Although, back in the 90s, this might have gone unchanged. There were many adult things present in cartoons that just flew over our heads. Those were crazy times.

Kids wear this type of swimwear all the time though

It's been awhile since I've been on a beach and obsevred what bathing suits kids wear, nor do I think about it. But the target audience watching a show with these kids of images in them is not really good for them at all.

Why? Where is the harm?

LivingMetal said:
Cloudman said:

Japan is more lenient with this sort of thing though, culturally.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

LurkerJ said:
Cloudman said:
Chevinator123 said:
Cloudman said:

Kids wear this type of swimwear all the time though

It's been awhile since I've been on a beach and obsevred what bathing suits kids wear, nor do I think about it. But the target audience watching a show with these kids of images in them is not really good for them at all.

Why? Where is the harm?

I think it's a little too soon to expose them to these sort of some what mature things, like women and men showing a great amount of skin as well as well... developed figures.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hopefully they compromise and put the bikinis on half naked men

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Hopefully they compromise and put the bikinis on half naked men

HAHAHA, that made me laugh... And hurt my eyes as well. I wish I didn't imagine that.

Dance my pretties!

Is it bad that this reminds me when 4kids heavily censored things like One Piece and YuGiOh?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Cloudman said:
LivingMetal said:

Why shouldn't we, as well?

Wright said:
Cloudman said:
LivingMetal said:

Why shouldn't we, as well?

I suppose it's just not in some our cultures, is all. I dunno if that can be changed quickly.

Dance my pretties!

Ultrashroomz said:
Is it bad that this reminds me when 4kids heavily censored things like One Piece and YuGiOh?

We'll have plenty of jelly-filled donuts in the game then.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.