By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch Anime English version: say goodbye to bikinis and half naked men

Americans are so prude

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Dravenet7 said:
Pavolink said:

Yes, I have one simple: there's nothing wrong with a half naked muscle guy or a girl with a bikini. Censorship like this one just make children to believe there's something wrong with it.

Really? How many kids are going to look at the show with characters wearing more clothes and the guy cooking going to assume that girls in bikinis and men with serious gains in nothing but a speedo are wrong? Do you watch tv and see a guy in a business suit and think that they are saying two men sumo wrestling is gross?

How many? If the show becomes big all of them that starts looking for more of the japanese show, like all the pokemon western fans that looked for more of the show even if it's only available in japanese, just like the Naruto or Dragoon Ball fans. Once again, there's nothing wrong with those scenes, and that censorship is stupid, pointless and idiotic. A girl on a bikini is by no means something important.

So your answer to my question is: if the show becomes big, which essentially means that it acquired a huge fanbase in the west that watched the show, then the kids, who decide to watch because of its popularity, going to see the show with characters wearing more clothes and the guy cooking  and assume that girls in bikinis and men with serious gains in nothing but a speedo are wrong,  or are you saying kids who are already fans of the show, which they watched in the west, are going to look at the japanese version of the show they already watched and assume that its wrong because the version they originally watched didn't have girls in bikinis and muscle men in jock straps or vice versa (see japanese version and the west version that made them fans in the first place is wrong).

In the first instance, that's basically saying yes to my question that was kids watching show with characters wearing more clothes and the guy cooking  and assume that girls in bikinis and men with serious gains in nothing but a speedo, in a version they haven't watched yet, is wrong. Which doesn't make still doesn't make sense because they haven't watched it yet. Beyond my question, all instances you mention assume that the show became popular in the west with kids in spite of the censorship, just like shows you mentioned,  Naruto or Dragoon Ball. The scenes you mentioned are unimportant, as you say. So again, what actually makes this a terrible decision?

Mnementh said:
Cloudman said:

This is. A show. For KIDS. What do you expect?!

This is the strange american way to approach the human body. Do kids wear Burkas while going to the beach in summer? But taking the kid to the shooting range where it can learn to handle an automatic weapon does no harm?

I just recently read an article here in germany that points out that the strange view on morality from america (human body is bad, violence is fine) is ported through popular webservices like Facebook and Youube to europe now. The new generation growing up in europe gets mentally fucked up by the american morality.

Well, now I know what those full cover garbs are called. Thanks for teaching me that.

As for the question, well, I don't know how that goes among that culture, or religion? And taking kids to the shooting range I suppose is also part of American culture, thought I am not so for that either... (I had to tell people in my old job many times not all Americans have guns, haha)

And if that is true with the new generation in Germany, I am sorry to hear about that : (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I mean this is a kids show...furthermore why do you guys care so much about a children's show?

This is pretty tame compared to that one Pokemon episode where James had some big boobs.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
COKTOE said:

So very lame. Nintendo does this as often as possible. 

Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with this, this is about the anime.

I realize this now. You are correct. I am not. Should have looked closer before commenting.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

People complaining about swimsuits and thongs and I'm here looking back on One Piece, Pokemon, Yugioh and a massive plethora of anime that has been censored for so many years that date all the way back to the 80's and even before that. Hell plenty of orther corps censor games and have done before Nintendo and still do.

But hey it's Nintendo so lets paint a target instead of just targeting all the countries that have their own forms of censorship.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Cloudman said:
-snip-

I think it's a little too soon to expose them to these sort of some what mature things, like women and men showing a great amount of skin as well as well... developed figures.

You could argue that it's natural though. Bodys are bodys. Everyone has one, theres no shame in it. Body positivity it a good thing for a kid to learn. Any sexual connotation would fly right over a childs head anyways. When i was small my parents used to be naked around me a lot (nothing wierd or sexual about it of course, just having a bath toghether, changing, whatever..) and it's just normal. I also used to run around naked at the beach all the time, as did all the other kids. Sexuality never even entered our heads. We were all about smimming and sandcastles. (I'm from euope though, maybe we are more lenient with this kind of thing, but it really just strikes me as natural, nothing sexual about it at all.)

While I don't really mind the bikini change for the girls either way, the one for the burly, shiny men into....a cook....is just silly.

COKTOE said:
S.Peelman said:

Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with this, this is about the anime.

I realize this now. You are correct. I am not. Should have looked closer before commenting.

Well, personally I also had to look twice because it's in "Nintendo Discussion".

I am more against the removal of complete scenes.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1