By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft UK Advertise Battlefront in Metro using loophole

Brilliant. Well done MS!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Lol nice one MS

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Ruler said:
Jazz2K said:
Where are you finding time and emotion to be upset about such a funny way to advertize a game?!? People on forums are more entertainment than what's available on tv. It's sad that SWBF isn't a game I intend on buying (will wait for EA Access) because I would get the game just because it is getting the drama queens out and that's fu**ing hilarious.

cuz sony didnt do such things when Xbox 360 had all its deals

and boy did it have a lot of deals going on back then. You would associate almost all 3rd party games with MS. The only 3rd party games I can think of from gen 7 that make me think ps3 are Assassins Creed...... sorry that's it I ran outta them. 

Jesus Christ, people! Are you freaking serious? These are MEGA CORPORATIONS you're talking about here. Why do you give a shit whether they "play fair" in marketing or not? It literally makes NO difference to you.

Trunkin said:
Jesus Christ, people! Are you freaking serious? These are MEGA CORPORATIONS you're talking about here. Why do you give a shit whether they "play fair" in marketing or not? It literally makes NO difference to you.

Well, when I saw this in Metro I reached with my right hand over to the left of my dinner which was on the table in front of me and I knocked the whole lot off into the wall. The potato is still making its way to the floor from half way up the wall. I rang my lawyer and explained to him that Microsoft had induced a rage in me that once again ruined my dinner. He explained that he understood (for a nominal fee) but that no action was possible. So I took some of the broken plate off the floor and etched "Death to Microsoft and the man-devil, Phil Spencer" into the soft flesh of my arm and made a vow to bring down Microsoft and all their goons.

JK, we're having a nice interesting discussion. Doesn't really matter that its effect on us is minimal. 

Around the Network

Sure it's smart but it's also down right pathetic.
I remember that Destiny thing, how they down right talked about not being able to advertise, making it look like Sony was the bad guy. It's like they're forgetting they started this exclusive marketing crap. And Sony didn't do desperate crap like this either. Didn't they also do this for some other big 3rd party game other than Destiny and Star Wars?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Smart marketing department tbh.

For the people calling it pathetic: Don't go into business or marketing. :)

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PenguinZ said:
Smart marketing department tbh.

For the people calling it pathetic: Don't go into business or marketing. :)

Ok? My assumption here would be most people here aren't. Also I haven't seen pathetic attempts of advertising in many advertisements in general so I don't know what you're talking about.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

There's nothing wrong with it from MS's perspective. However I do have a bit of a problem with the publication being so cosy to an advertiser that they are willing to do deals like this. Basically this implies bias towards MS. But as far as I'm concerned MS is not doing anything dodgy or borderline.

But I question the effectiveness of it. Seems like they are just doing it because they can do it. I really question the actual benefit of exclusive marketing rights in terms of people who want the game thinking they need to by the console on which it's being advertised. The advantage is really in getting the console's name out there on more advertising space, the game doesn't really matter. So I think MS would have made better use of the advertising space by actually advertising something directly.

And Tomb Raider says,"Hey what about me, I AM actually exclusive to you, yet you spendf an entire page spread stealth advertising Battlefront? WTF man, what have you done for me lately?"

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I love it. It brings a bit of fun to the industry and its very clever by their pr team. It most likely won't affect sales one bit but it always get the discussion going on forums :).