By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft UK Advertise Battlefront in Metro using loophole

PenguinZ said:
Smart marketing department tbh.

For the people calling it pathetic: Don't go into business or marketing. :)

Smart marketing doesn't rely on 'me too' advertising.

Smart marketing is completely ignoring the competition while instilling in your consumers that they are high class for choosing your product. Think "Apple".

That, is smart marketing. This, is not smart marketing. This is trashy and in poor taste. It's pretty immature for a company as big as MS as well. 

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:
Ruler said:

cuz sony didnt do such things when Xbox 360 had all its deals

and boy did it have a lot of deals going on back then. You would associate almost all 3rd party games with MS. The only 3rd party games I can think of from gen 7 that make me think ps3 are Assassins Creed...... sorry that's it I ran outta them. 

assasins creed was also more associated with xbox 360

aLkaLiNE said:
PenguinZ said:
Smart marketing department tbh.

For the people calling it pathetic: Don't go into business or marketing. :)

Smart marketing doesn't rely on 'me too' advertising.

Smart marketing is completely ignoring the competition while instilling in your consumers that they are high class for choosing your product. Think "Apple".

That, is smart marketing. This, is not smart marketing. This is trashy and in poor taste. It's pretty immature for a company as big as MS as well. 

Those whole Apple vs. PC ads in the not too distant past really throw that statement out the window...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Bryank75 said:
Trunkin said:
Jesus Christ, people! Are you freaking serious? These are MEGA CORPORATIONS you're talking about here. Why do you give a shit whether they "play fair" in marketing or not? It literally makes NO difference to you.

Well, when I saw this in Metro I reached with my right hand over to the left of my dinner which was on the table in front of me and I knocked the whole lot off into the wall. The potato is still making its way to the floor from half way up the wall. I rang my lawyer and explained to him that Microsoft had induced a rage in me that once again ruined my dinner. He explained that he understood (for a nominal fee) but that no action was possible. So I took some of the broken plate off the floor and etched "Death to Microsoft and the man-devil, Phil Spencer" into the soft flesh of my arm and made a vow to bring down Microsoft and all their goons.

JK, we're having a nice interesting discussion. Doesn't really matter that its effect on us is minimal. 

All those punched babies...

Clever strategy, especially given (assuming I'm reading this right,) we're talking about a print ad and not something on the Internet? When it came to the Destiny fragrance thing, they pulled it VERY quickly (probably because Activision and Sony were both breathing down their necks about it,) but even if EA is similarly irritated by this advertisment, it's already out there. =P At most, steps could be taken to prevent it from being done again- as I doubt either Sony or Microsoft would get on a publisher's bad side by leaving the 'gray area' and explicitly violating an exclusive advertising deal- but presumably every copy of this particular issue will have the ad regardless of what response is given to its presence.

Like the Destiny fragrance ad, Microsoft benefits from the added word of mouth when the media discusses the occurance. UNLIKE the former, the fact that this is a print ad means it can't be pulled, removing even the 'Hand in the cookie jar' backpedal the Destiny thing ended on, letting Microsoft continue relatively Scot-Free.

Like I said, clever. Inevitably Sony will reword its agreements to more explicitly block this kind of stuff, and Microsoft has probably already done that to keep Sony from doing the same thing.

...does suck that they couldn't even fit 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' SOMEWHERE on an entire freaking full page ad, though. >_

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:

And thats just sad cause TR is amazing, lets be honest here (ppl will go batshit crazy at me but I dont care) its a much superior game to both Halo 5 and Fallout 4 (I didnt play Batlefront but I hazard a guess it is as well), too bad both Halo and Fallout are much more popular.

Too bad those other two games are greatly recieved and have really big fan followings, a darn shame, especially when it's subjective as to which game is superior to the other.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

IMO marketing exclusivity deals are bullshit anyways. It's misleading for the consumer to have a multiplatform game advertised for only one platform. This is a cheeky way for Mircosoft to get around the deal. It might be a little underhanded but I think it's fine. Sony won't hurt from it anyways.

Aeolus451 said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Bryank75 said:
yvanjean said:

I think it's funny! Especially that Sony paid to get advertising on a game that's playable first on Xbox One.

From the perspective of someone who has no investment. Of course it would be funny, now imagine you spent money on that deal.....

Imagine you bought the deal that they had the previous 2 years and you respected that and didn't interfere in any way, but then when it was your turn they turned around and shit all over your deal.... 

Not really a nice mentality, is it?

Maybe Sony should invest money in their first party line-up instead.

Maybe you should count how many first party games that's on both consoles before you post.

Quality over quantity. We're entering the third year and Sony has yet to release an Uncharted, GoW or GT. And what they've made was mostly average so far (Bloodborne was mostly developed by From Software).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Aeolus451 said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Bryank75 said:
yvanjean said:

I think it's funny! Especially that Sony paid to get advertising on a game that's playable first on Xbox One.

From the perspective of someone who has no investment. Of course it would be funny, now imagine you spent money on that deal.....

Imagine you bought the deal that they had the previous 2 years and you respected that and didn't interfere in any way, but then when it was your turn they turned around and shit all over your deal.... 

Maybe you should count how many first party games that's on both consoles before you post.

I think you missed the memo where it stated "exclusive only matter during the holidays and not all year round".

Alkibiádēs said:
Aeolus451 said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Bryank75 said:
yvanjean said:

Quality over quantity. We're entering the third year and Sony has yet to release an Uncharted, GoW or GT. And what they've made was mostly average so far (Bloodborne was mostly developed by From Software).

ok, you ignore Bloodborne, let's see what Microsoft has released in real 1st party terms.

Forza Motorsport 5
Forza Motorsport 6
Halo 5 (lowest rated mainline Halo game)

Sony
Killzon SF
Driveclub
inFAmous Second Son
MLB 14
MLB 15
Tearaway Unfolded

Wow, I can totally see Microsoft has a better 1st party lineup. You can easily see how vastly superior Microsoft's lineup is. /s

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"