By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft UK Advertise Battlefront in Metro using loophole

Alkibiádēs said:
Aeolus451 said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Bryank75 said:
yvanjean said:

I think it's funny! Especially that Sony paid to get advertising on a game that's playable first on Xbox One.

From the perspective of someone who has no investment. Of course it would be funny, now imagine you spent money on that deal.....

Imagine you bought the deal that they had the previous 2 years and you respected that and didn't interfere in any way, but then when it was your turn they turned around and shit all over your deal.... 

Not really a nice mentality, is it?

Maybe Sony should invest money in their first party line-up instead.

Maybe you should count how many first party games that's on both consoles before you post.

Quality over quantity. We're entering the third year and Sony has yet to release an Uncharted, GoW or GT. And what they've made was mostly average so far (Bloodborne was mostly developed by From Software).

If you want to play the quality over quantity game. Ok. PS4 games on average have a higher meta score than xbox one games. The PS4 has more exclusives of every type except timed exclusives than the xbox one. The PS4 doesn't rely just on game sequels to release throughout the year and because of that it has vastly more diverse game library. So when is halo 7 coming out? How many times can MS run that horse before it burns out? Not everyone wants to just play sequels. The shit gets old. That includes halo, gears, GoW, uncharted, ect.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Bryank75 said:

and boy did it have a lot of deals going on back then. You would associate almost all 3rd party games with MS. The only 3rd party games I can think of from gen 7 that make me think ps3 are Assassins Creed...... sorry that's it I ran outta them. 

assasins creed was also more associated with xbox 360

no. no. and no. AC always sold better on the PS3. That is why people thought it was a bad move for AC Unity to have an Xbox deal. Last gen Xbox had shooters and WRPGs. All else was PS3. The problem from Sony last gen was FPS and WRPGs were far and away the only thing the mass market cared about.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I remember the game that made me say "damn I need an Xbox 360", it was ghost recon. I think Microsoft should embrace their identity as a shooter-box rather than just imitate moves and franchises the competition are doing. 

Ali_16x said:

ok, you ignore Bloodborne, let's see what Microsoft has released in real 1st party terms.

Forza Motorsport 5
Forza Motorsport 6
Halo 5 (lowest rated mainline Halo game)

Sony
Killzon SF
Driveclub
inFAmous Second Son
MLB 14
MLB 15
Tearaway Unfolded

Wow, I can totally see Microsoft has a better 1st party lineup. You can easily see how vastly superior Microsoft's lineup is. /s

You mean lowest scoring Killzone, Infamous and LBP. And a Vita port that bombed. Wow, amazing. Driveclub with its 71% metacritic rating, wow! Annual sport games!

Nintendo released NSMBU, SM3DW, Mario Kart 8, SSB4, DKC: TF, WW HD and Pikmin 3 in the same timeframe. All why also supporting a handheld at the same time. Thank God Nintendo doesn't invest money in exclusive marketing deals like MS and Sony.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Hiku said:

It's funny, therefore it's ok, apparently.

Personally I don't think it's gonna change much. But it does looks pretty disrespectful.

I also saw the swedish Xbox Twitter account tweet this out:

The marketing for Star Wars is in full force on Xbox One.

Sony should ask for a refund :p

Marketing exlusive obviously isnt, and unless companys start pursueing legal actions against it, why should anyone pay for exclusive marketing deals?

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:

Sony
Killzon SF
Driveclub
inFAmous Second Son
MLB 14
MLB 15
Tearaway Unfolded

Wow, I can totally see Microsoft has a better 1st party lineup. You can easily see how vastly superior Microsoft's lineup is. /s

Agreed. Sonys lowest rated Killzone game is not match for MS's lowest rated Halo game. 

Alkibiádēs said:
Ali_16x said:

ok, you ignore Bloodborne, let's see what Microsoft has released in real 1st party terms.

Forza Motorsport 5
Forza Motorsport 6

Sony
Killzon SF
Driveclub
inFAmous Second Son
MLB 14
MLB 15
Tearaway Unfolded

You mean lowest scoring Killzone, Infamous and LBP. And a Vita port that bombed. Wow, amazing. Driveclub with its 71% metacritic rating, wow! Annual sport games!

Nintendo released NSMBU, SM3DW, Mario Kart 8, SSB4, DKC: TF, WW HD and Pikmin 3 in the same timeframe. All why also supporting a handheld at the same time. Thank God Nintendo doesn't invest money in exclusive marketing deals like MS and Sony.

Haha, what an amazing post.

The difference was Sony was actually supporting the PS3 unlike what Nintendo did with Wii during the end of it's cycle. They were also trying New IPs one of which was from Sony Santa Monica which ended up being canceled,  which Nintendo barely does. 

You can downplay it all you want, PS4 is going to have an amazing 2016 in which I can literally name 30+ games. 

Alo makes sense why you're only talking about 1st party games since Wii U barely has an 3rd party exclusives.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

foodfather said:
Ali_16x said:

Sony
Killzon SF
Driveclub
inFAmous Second Son
MLB 14
MLB 15
Tearaway Unfolded

Agreed. Sonys lowest rated Killzone game is not match for MS's lowest rated Halo game. 

You're right, they're both shit, so people stop acting like Microsoft has an amazing first party line up.

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Ali_16x said:

Forza Motorsport 5
Forza Motorsport 6

Sony
Killzon SF
Driveclub
inFAmous Second Son
MLB 14
MLB 15
Tearaway Unfolded

Haha, what an amazing post.

The difference was Sony was actually supporting the PS3 unlike what Nintendo did with Wii during the end of it's cycle. They were also trying New IPs one of which was from Sony Santa Monica which ended up being canceled,  which Nintendo barely does. 

You can downplay it all you want, PS4 is going to have an amazing 2016 in which I can literally name 30+ games.

What succesful new IPs has Sony made for the PS4? All they're making is sequels lol. Sony supported PS3? In the third year of the PS4?

It's not hard to have an amazing third year if you had a lacklustre 2013, 2014 and 2015 in terms of first party support for the PS4. Oh and how is Sony supporting the PS Vita? You left that out of your propaganda. Nintendo released A Link between Worlds, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokémon X/Y and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for the 3DS in 2013.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

What succesful new IPs has Sony made for the PS4? All they're making is sequels lol. Sony supported PS3? In the third year of the PS4?

It's not hard to have an amazing third year if you had a lacklustre 2013, 2014 and 2015 in terms of first party support for the PS4. Oh and how is Sony supporting the PS Vita? You left that out of your propaganda. Nintendo released A Link between Worlds, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokémon X/Y and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for the 3DS in 2013.

Sony has put more money to new IPs than Nintendo has, or will.

The Last Guardian
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Dreams
Detroit: Become Human
Bloodborne
Helldivers
Drawn to Death
The Order: 1886
Alienation
Wattam
Matterfall
What Remain's of Edith Finch
KillStrain
WiLD
Until Dawn
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
The Tomorrow Children
Rime
Guns Up!
Driveclub
Knack
Resogun
Entwined
Hohokum
Doki-Doki Universe

Wii U

The Wonderful 101
Splatoon

Ok, I can clearly see where Nintendo makes so many new IPs

Also I was talking about before the release of the PS4 and Wii U, the games that came out around 2010-October 2013 for Sony and 2009-October 2012 for Nintendo. 3 years for how long a game usually takes to make.