By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full List of Nintendo developed retail games announced in 2015. Conclusion? Nintendo is done with 8th gen.

Is Nintendo finished with 3DS and Wii U after 2016?

Heck yeah!!! 182 71.37%

Naw mawn... 73 28.63%

Total:255
Einsam_Delphin said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's easy to sink many hours into almost any multiplayer game regardless if it's COD or splatoon but you will eventually get burnt out just playing a handful of multiplayer games. The more the merrier. 4 good games is always less than 8 good games. 100 hours of quality fun gameplay is always less than 500 hours of quality fun gameplay. Your "less is more" logic is flawed. If you reply with more of the same, just reread this post. Anyway, have a good saturday.

Cheezy cop out much? Unless you can somehow prove that one can't play a single game for as long as another plays 100 games when both are given the same amount of time to do so, then there's nothing wrong with my logic. It's simply a matter of how much time you have and how much of it you're willing to spend playing videogames. But yeah have a good saturday, whatevs! As I already pointed out this argument was flawed to begin with because the root of it implys the average gamer plays hundreds of games for thousands of hours per console which is laughably false.

The amount of time someone has to play a game doesn't have anything to do if they find a game enjoyable or how good a game is. Hell, it doesn't factor into it at all. 50 good games is always better than 20 good games regardless of available hours to play 'em. Nothing was implied about the average gamer in that sense by me, Einsam. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

The amount of time someone has to play a game doesn't have anything to do if they find a game enjoyable or how good a game is. Hell, it doesn't factor into it at all. 50 good games is always better than 20 good games regardless of available hours to play 'em. Nothing was implied about the average gamer in that sense by me, Einsam. 

Yep yal never go through with your cop outs. Not me though! This argument, for the third time, is stupid, it's off topic, and it's gone on long enough, so I'm done with it.

Aeolus451 said:
160rmf said:
Aeolus451 said:

Ummm...yeah... you have that backwards. i bought a console to play hundreds of games that I might like versus you buying a console just to play less than 50 games that you might like but yet you're happy with it because of that. *shakes head*

Thousands of hours of enjoyable gameplay vs hundreds of hours of enjoyable gameplay? Hmmm, that's a difficult choice.

Well, I don't need to play a game to know that I will not like it. I have game genres that I despise, so I can pass them with no hard fellings. Game genres that i love I know that will pass many hours plugged.

Regardless, you would be happier with more games that you find enjoyable than with less games that you found enjoyable. Numbers matter. Let's say if gen this ended right now and no more games were released, would you be satisfied with your console purchase as is it stands now? If you say yes then you're easy to please (there's nothing really wrong with that but companies would very much like you as a costumer).

I buy a console with the expectation that I'll get to play a good amount of games that I would like before the gen ends. If my expectation is not met, I'm a not a happy camper with my purchase or with company that I bought the product from. The key phrase is "games that I would like". That doesn't mean I would be happy with hundreds of shovelware or 50 good games instead of 100 good games. 

Of course I would be happier with more games that i like to play, but we have reached a gray area if that is possible to have more games without affecting the quality and/or the company's economy.

To answer your question, yes I would be satisfied, but no, it wouldn't be easy because I am not excluding the games that were announced and didn't released yet. If you have paid attention you can't say that was "easy" to make all these games, When I play it i know that a lot of effort was put to make these games what they are

We reap what we sow

Sorry, allow me a word from a user with apologies if too much out of topic. While for the wiiu they have delivered a nice MK and other precious 1st parties (Mario 3d, splatoon, bayonetta, smash, dk) they have screwed on the 3rd parties and failed to capture interest on the two screens thing.

Now they are delaying a lot some killer apps such as Zelda and xenoblade. Remember Zelda was in the original demo. With the launch line you mention, it looks like they are bridging for the new platform. I think they really need to bring something else if they want to have customers and third parties onboard. Too much disappoint and "please understand"

I've owned a wii and own a wiiu.

Paatar said:
Xenoblade X is Nintendo, man. Monolith is owned by them. Better add that to the OP.

Also, it was stated the NX would not replace either the Wii U or 3DS... soooo.

Wrong and wrong. Xenoblade X was announced at ND January E3 2013 and NX won't be a "simple" replacement for Wii U and/or 3DS.

"Though I cannot confirm when it will be launched or any other details of the system, since I have confirmed that it will be 'a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept,' it should mean that we do not intend it to become a simple 'replacement' for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U," Iwata explained.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-s-new-console-nx-is-not-a-simple-replacem/1100-6427326/

So, it is a replacement, just not a "simple" one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Paatar said:
Xenoblade X is Nintendo, man. Monolith is owned by them. Better add that to the OP.

Also, it was stated the NX would not replace either the Wii U or 3DS... soooo.

Wrong and wrong. Xenoblade X was announced at ND January E3 2013 and NX won't be a "simple" replacement for Wii U and/or 3DS.

"Though I cannot confirm when it will be launched or any other details of the system, since I have confirmed that it will be 'a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept,' it should mean that we do not intend it to become a simple 'replacement' for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U," Iwata explained.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-s-new-console-nx-is-not-a-simple-replacem/1100-6427326/

So, it is a replacement, just not a "simple" one.

Why the hell are you replying to me? Do you not read previous comments? Someone else already "corrected me". 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]