By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full List of Nintendo developed retail games announced in 2015. Conclusion? Nintendo is done with 8th gen.

Is Nintendo finished with 3DS and Wii U after 2016?

Heck yeah!!! 182 71.37%

Naw mawn... 73 28.63%

Total:255
Gamemaster87 said:
LipeJJ said:

Absolutely. This was probably the main reason why sega had so many problems. But I wouldn't worry about Nintendo releasing the NX at the end of 2016 or at 2017. I think most people will be satisfied by then (and tired too) since both 3DS and Wii U are extremely outdated (specially the 3DS) and already got their main games and support for 4/5 years (by then, of course). Maybe the system to launch next year will be the handheld-thing too... we don't know much yet.

Wii U owners and satiesfied? Lol, good joke mate.

No Zelda, No Animal Crossing, no Paper Mario, no Metroid.

I'm definitely not satisfied.

I meant to say they will be satisfied by then (then = end of 2016 when most stuff already dropped). 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Wii U owners and satiesfied? Lol, good joke mate.

No Zelda, No Animal Crossing, no Paper Mario, no Metroid.

I'm definitely not satisfied.

I meant to say they will be satisfied by then (then = end of 2016 when most stuff already dropped). 

And where's Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Metroid then?

Xenoblade X is Nintendo, man. Monolith is owned by them. Better add that to the OP.

Also, it was stated the NX would not replace either the Wii U or 3DS... soooo.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Gamemaster87 said:
LipeJJ said:

Probably being planned for their next system. Did you start gamimg recently? It's very usual for Nintendo to skip some games on their consoles. For example: Metroid skipped the N64 (and was relesed on GC), Pikmin skipped the Wii (and was released on Wii U), Star Fox also skipped the Wii (and will be released on Wii U) etc.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

cycycychris said:
Paatar said:
Xenoblade X is Nintendo, man. Monolith is owned by them. Better add that to the OP.

Also, it was stated the NX would not replace either the Wii U or 3DS... soooo.

You do know X was announced 3 years ago?

Misread the title, my mistake.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Probably being planned for their next system. Did you start gamimg recently? It's very usual for Nintendo to skip some games on their consoles. For example: Metroid skipped the N64 (and was relesed on GC), Pikmin skipped the Wii (and was released on Wii U), Star Fox also skipped the Wii (and will be released on Wii U) etc.

But those are single examples. But I listed three games and it can't be that none of those are coming to Wii U. If that goes on like that we won't even have a Mario game on the next system.

Gamemaster87 said:
LipeJJ said:

But those are single examples. But I listed three games and it can't be that none of those are coming to Wii U. If that goes on like that we won't even have a Mario game on the next system.

These are not single examples, this happens every gen with every console. Some games skip some systems... it sucks, but it always happens. And if you look closely, some games that skipped the Wii are being released on Wii U.

Regarding your Mario example... you need to realize this never happens with their biggest IPs like 2D/3D Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros. etc.

Uhm... What about Splatoon and Mario Maker?

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon isn't even developed by Nintendo. It's developed by Spike Chunsoft. But yes, it's very obvious that Nintendo is done with the 8th gen and NX is coming next year for sure.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz