By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full List of Nintendo developed retail games announced in 2015. Conclusion? Nintendo is done with 8th gen.

Is Nintendo finished with 3DS and Wii U after 2016?

Heck yeah!!! 182 71.37%

Naw mawn... 73 28.63%

Total:255
Miyamotoo said:
Nogamez said:
cycycychris said:
Nogamez said:
PIkmin 4?

No official announcement and for all we know, it might be an NX game.

I thought Miyamoto or someone came out and said they are very close to releasing pikmin 4? That was in 2015 so..... kinda unsure how that doesn't fit criteria but meh I guess it was a kinda vague announcement 

Eurogamer just said that Miyamoto said that to them, but nothing officially isn't announced.

It's probably either going to be announced in the first Nintendo Direct next year or during E3 next year. I would prefer the former.

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Jranation said:
Did you forget about Xenoblade?
Well i guess its good news for anyone (Most users here) HYPE FOR NX!!!!!!

I can't remember but is there more hype for NX then there was for the Wii U and 3DS?

Maybe more speculation but I'm talking hype from a consumer viewpoint.. 

I cant agree or disagree to that since i didn't join the forums or became a "hardcore" gamer before the Wii U and 3DS released. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Einsam_Delphin said:
DolPhanTendo said:

I did read the OP like most people do to try to make themselves look right you paint a very broad scope in it. By not comparing the game releases from earlier years shows you're not thinking about it logically.

The support has been the same over the last 2 years once again problem is lack of third party to take care of gaps NX isn't even close to coming out next year 

lol alright let's compare Wii U announcments.

2015 = amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash

2014 = Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Kirby, Mario Maker, Zelda (I know it was announced earlier, but forgot when)

2013 =  Xenoblade X, Tropical Freeze, Woolly World, WWHD, etc.

2012 = Smash, Kart, 3D Mario, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, NSMBU, etc.

No contest!

2013 =  MK8, 3D Mario, Xenoblade X, Woolly World, WW HD, Zelda U, Shin Megami Tensei crossover thing...are all games that are announsent in Nintendo Direct in January.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Miyamotoo said:
Nogamez said:
cycycychris said:
Nogamez said:
PIkmin 4?

No official announcement and for all we know, it might be an NX game.

I thought Miyamoto or someone came out and said they are very close to releasing pikmin 4? That was in 2015 so..... kinda unsure how that doesn't fit criteria but meh I guess it was a kinda vague announcement 

Eurogamer just said that Miyamoto said that to them, but nothing officially isn't announced.

It's probably either going to be announced in the first Nintendo Direct next year or during E3 next year. I would prefer the former.

Yup, I think we will have announcement at E3 at latest, maybe Nintendo will surprise us and announceit at Game Awards. :)

Wildcard36qs said:
This console has been a huge let down for many, but not for me. I am older and have 2 children so I cannot play as much as I used to. Because of that, I cannot afford or make time to buy every game that is released. The games that Nintendo have released on the Wii U have been some of the best in their series. Mario 3D, Smash, Mario Kart, Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 (to name a few) have been amazing games and I have enjoyed them tremendously. Seeing Nintendo continue to deliver and improve and make even more exciting these staples in their library is an impressive feat. Splatoon is just the cherry on top that just goes to show you that Nintedo is still the best at what they do - make extremely fun games easily accessible and broadly appealing. It sucks that the console had a short life and was nearly unsupported by 3rd parties, but it is the hand we were dealt. I look forward to Xenoblade, Star Fox and Zelda U and welcome the NX and the domination it will (hopefully) bring.

Completely agree. Wii U have terrible sales but despite that Nintendo delivered phenomenal games that some of them are best in their series, and we will have more coming next year, so I will be satisfied Wii U owner even if NX arrives at end of next year.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
Both 3DS and Wii U have a pretty solid/stacked release lineup for 2016, and Nintendo have gone on record stating they are in no hurry to replace the 3DS, as it's still selling well.

These threads really don't bring much new in terms of conversation. Nintendo would be unwise to rush NX out the door, they should make sure they have a strong and steady release lineup that will last far BEYOND launch, and thus NOT launch until 2016.

But I mean Wii U in 2016 will have: TP HD, Star Fox, SMT x FE, Mario & Sonic 2016 (meh but still), Pokken Tournament, very possibly Pikmin 4, and Zelda U.

And 3DS? In 2016 it'll get: Bravely Second, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Project X Zone 2, Final Fantasy Explorers, Fire Emblem Fates, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, DQVIII AND DQVIII ports, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (meh, but still), possibly Dragon Quest XI in NA, possibly Shin Megami Tensai IV: Final in NA, probably Monster Hunter X in NA, not to mention another Professor Layton game is in development.

So there's plenty coming down the pipeline over the next year for 3DS, and even Wii U has enough big releases to make 2016 a solid year, before we more than likely see an NX launch perhaps in the early half of 2017.

Doesn't it seem weird to u though that pretty much every game releasing next year is either outsourced, a localization or a delayed game?

Twilight Princess HD-outsourced remaster

Star Fox Zero-outsourced and delayed 2015 title

SMTxFE-outsourced and localization of 2015 title

Mario & Sonic-outsourced title

Pokken Tournament-outsourced arcade port

Zelda U-internally developed but delayed 2015 title

Bravely Second-localization of 2015 title

Hyrule Warriors Legends-outsourced title

Project x Zone 2-localization of 2015 title

Final Fantasy Explorers-localization of 2015 title

Fire Emblem Fates-localizatiom of 2015 title

Metroid Prime Feredation Force-outsourced title

Dragon Quest VII-localization of 2013 title

Dragon Quest VIII-localization of 2015 title

Nintendo's internal teams literally have 1 confirmed title for next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Einsam_Delphin said:
reggin_bolas said:
How can you say you're happy with the console? It costs as much as an XB1 in some countries and has virtually no third party support/smallest library in console history? How can you defend that value-proposition?

Don't know about other countrys, but I got it for $250, and of the 14 retail games I currently have for it some were obtained for cheap or for free, and they've given me hundreds of hours of enjoyment, with hundreds more still to come, so yeah, I'm happy with it overall.

You're very easy to please then. When I buy a console, I get hundreds of games for it over the time I own it. I enjoy many thousands of hours of gameplay on it. I expect that with any console I buy. 

I think nintendo will still support the wii u into 2017 but will probably release a console at the tail end of 2016.

If it weren't for amibo the Wii U would have been dropped from many retailers. Amibo can't carry the Wii U forever.

I guess I should say it doesn't matter whether NX releases in 2016 or 2017, neither the Wii U or 3DS are looking to get a single Nintendo made game in 2017 bar delay or lol Gamefreak. IIrc, the Wii didn't get anything in 2012, certainly no games were announced for it after the Wii U reveal. I'll bet this has been the case for past systems aswell.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Mario Party 9, announced 2011 released 2012. So there might be one or two exceptions, but they'll definitely be of similarly low quality.