By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full List of Nintendo developed retail games announced in 2015. Conclusion? Nintendo is done with 8th gen.

Is Nintendo finished with 3DS and Wii U after 2016?

Heck yeah!!! 182 71.37%

Naw mawn... 73 28.63%

Total:255
LipeJJ said:
Gamemaster87 said:

But those are single examples. But I listed three games and it can't be that none of those are coming to Wii U. If that goes on like that we won't even have a Mario game on the next system.

These are not single examples, this happens every gen with every console. Some games skip some systems... it sucks, but it always happens. And if you look closely, some games that skipped the Wii are being released on Wii U.

Regarding your Mario example... you need to realize this never happens with their biggest IPs like 2D/3D Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros. etc.

So, Animal Crossing in not a big IP for Nintendo acdording to you?

Around the Network
CWegzz said:
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon isn't even developed by Nintendo. It's developed by Spike Chunsoft. But yes, it's very obvious that Nintendo is done with the 8th gen and NX is coming next year for sure.

I will correct that sentence for you:

"It's very obvious that Nintendo isn't done with 8th gen and that NX isn't coming next year for sure."

Gamemaster87 said:
CWegzz said:
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon isn't even developed by Nintendo. It's developed by Spike Chunsoft. But yes, it's very obvious that Nintendo is done with the 8th gen and NX is coming next year for sure.

"It's very obvious that Nintendo isn't done with 8th gen and that NX isn't coming next year for sure."

You can be in denial for as long as you want, but all the signs point to the NX coming next year.  

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

This console has been a huge let down for many, but not for me. I am older and have 2 children so I cannot play as much as I used to. Because of that, I cannot afford or make time to buy every game that is released. The games that Nintendo have released on the Wii U have been some of the best in their series. Mario 3D, Smash, Mario Kart, Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 (to name a few) have been amazing games and I have enjoyed them tremendously. Seeing Nintendo continue to deliver and improve and make even more exciting these staples in their library is an impressive feat. Splatoon is just the cherry on top that just goes to show you that Nintedo is still the best at what they do - make extremely fun games easily accessible and broadly appealing. It sucks that the console had a short life and was nearly unsupported by 3rd parties, but it is the hand we were dealt. I look forward to Xenoblade, Star Fox and Zelda U and welcome the NX and the domination it will (hopefully) bring.

CWegzz said:
Gamemaster87 said:

You can be in denial for as long as you want, but all the signs point to the NX coming next year.  

literally nothing points to that. Maybe some strange guys on vgchartz who don't have any economic sense but nothing else.

Around the Network
Esiar said:
Uhm... What about Splatoon and Mario Maker?

Those two were announced last year.

Both 3DS and Wii U have a pretty solid/stacked release lineup for 2016, and Nintendo have gone on record stating they are in no hurry to replace the 3DS, as it's still selling well.

These threads really don't bring much new in terms of conversation. Nintendo would be unwise to rush NX out the door, they should make sure they have a strong and steady release lineup that will last far BEYOND launch, and thus NOT launch until 2016.

But I mean Wii U in 2016 will have: TP HD, Star Fox, SMT x FE, Mario & Sonic 2016 (meh but still), Pokken Tournament, very possibly Pikmin 4, and Zelda U.

And 3DS? In 2016 it'll get: Bravely Second, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Project X Zone 2, Final Fantasy Explorers, Fire Emblem Fates, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, DQVIII AND DQVIII ports, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (meh, but still), possibly Dragon Quest XI in NA, possibly Shin Megami Tensai IV: Final in NA, probably Monster Hunter X in NA, not to mention another Professor Layton game is in development.

So there's plenty coming down the pipeline over the next year for 3DS, and even Wii U has enough big releases to make 2016 a solid year, before we more than likely see an NX launch perhaps in the early half of 2017.

DolPhanTendo said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Time stops for no man. Nintendo themselves showed as much by how they only spent 10 seconds addressing his death in the direct. You can't expect everyone to cry for months and months whenever someone dies. I'm sure instead of wasting time with that Iwata would rather Nintendo keep on running like they always have.

If you're a company that puts respect and morals before money you're okay in my book. This what Nintendo did I respect that. I'm willing to bet the NX has been pushed back by a few months as well. I know it's hard to phanthom businesses putting good morals before making an extra buck or two but I see it all the time here the U.S. And Nintendo seems like they did the same. 

E3 wasn't great this year because they focused on this year only to try to help build excitement for the holidays. But to say they are done supporting is crazy and you aren't thinking. Game releases for 2016 so far are on par for what early 2015 and better the  2014 let's recap.

2014 if can remember only had Tropical Freeze on February 

2015 had Mario Party, Rainbow Curse

2016 Star Fox Pokken Tournament Twilight Princess HD

Late Spring 2014 Mario Kart

2015 Splatoon

2016 Zelda U( prediction a direct annoucing it early February around Twilight Princess HD 30th anniversary hype)

Looks like it's not Nintendo not supporting the WiiU but like third parties

Zelda U is almost certain holiday season game.

Nogamez said:
cycycychris said:
Nogamez said:
PIkmin 4?

No official announcement and for all we know, it might be an NX game.

I thought Miyamoto or someone came out and said they are very close to releasing pikmin 4? That was in 2015 so..... kinda unsure how that doesn't fit criteria but meh I guess it was a kinda vague announcement 

Eurogamer just said that Miyamoto said that to them, but nothing officially isn't announced.

Soundwave said:
I'm thinking Pikmin 4 is for the NX too.

There was absolutely no reason not to show it in the recent Nintendo Direct as other 2016 Wii U titles were shown.

Maaaaaaybe they'll release a Wii U version too, but I think it's going to be on NX too (like the next Zelda).

Yes there is a reason because this Direct wasn't about all games coming in 2016, but games coming in holiday season and at beginning of 2016. and of course they had to show Zelda U.