By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thoughts on "Star Fox Zero's graphics look bad"

Well, to start off, the graphics are not bad when considering some things.

The game is running a locked 60fps on both the TV screen AND the Gamepad. It's something that people do not take into consideration. The fact it's running on both screens, with different viewpoints AND at 60fps? That's pretty amazing.

Just because it doesn't look like it would "Strain" a PS3 or 360 graphic/texture wise, it certaintly would if you had the 360/PS3 hold a 60fps (that alone would be difficult for them), and then also on two screens. 

And with all that, it still looks gorgeous. With 5 months or so to its release, it'll surely only keep improving. (Oh and those people complaining about the octogon rings, it's an artistic style, a way of giving a throwback to the series. Cause it is one of Star Foxes most memorable things)

And here's a video of the graphical improvments back from E3 to current.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwq22FN2MSo

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Yeah, I kinda agree with you. The game is looking decent now, and if you consider the fact that it's 60fps on both screens... you start seeing those graphics on a different perspective. The game is looking pretty frantic too.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Corneria level still looks horrible, but some space stages are looking really good.

People are barely gonna use the gamepad, they should just give up on that thing and focus all energy on the main screen

Paatar said:

Well, to start off, the graphics are not bad when considering some things.

So, excuses am I right ? 

Around the Network

fireburn95 has a point, the game would be better recieved if they'd just gone with regular controls and used the extra horsepower to make it look like this:

(Excuse the poor image quality, I can't find a native resolution one that's not horribly compressed)

I see you points but it still looks so dated compared to many many MANY others games. The gameplay may be spot on but it's on rail (correct me if wrong) so it can't be that hard to pull off or impressive. I'm not sure what this game (this one specifically, not the franchise itself) has going for it honestly, besides brand name.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I don't care what it looks like, it's fucking Starfox. I'm cool with it.

fireburn95 said:
People are barely gonna use the gamepad, they should just give up on that thing and focus all energy on the main screen

It doesn't mean you can just discard the fact.

Personally, I think it's a great addition.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I think the game looks alot more touched up than what they showed at E3 and I'm all the more glad for it.
Don't really get why people I've seen on the Internet feel the need to shield their precious eyes from something that doesn't fit their subjective tastes.