By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thoughts on "Star Fox Zero's graphics look bad"

Literally everyone take that into account. The game doesn't look bad because of bad graphics. The wind Waker HD Has significantly worse graphics, runs that technically one for the frame rate, and still absolutely destroys has significantly worse graphics, runs that technically one fourth the frame rate, and still absolutely destroys Star fox zero when it comes to aesthetics. The art direction is just as abysmal as the graphics are, if not worse. The game doesn't have to look like that. That's why the game look so bad. Not the graphics. The terrible art direction. And the graphics don't have to be that bad either. 60 frames per second on a second screen most people don't want to use is not impressive; it's unnecessary and detrimental.

Around the Network

I don't think it looks at all bad even without that fact, but with that fact on mind I think it looks pretty good. But whats more important game works on locked 60 fps and looking very fun.

cycycychris said:

The game still looks very ugly in my opinion(other than dat ocean). Even with its recent update. Those grass textures were still horrible even in that CGI trailer they gave us.

But if people keep wanting to make excuses for it, what ever. I'd rather hear one about why there's no online multiplayer.

And why exactly for Star Fox is must have to have online multiplayer!? It certainly would be nice addon, but it's not like "I just can't imagine Star Fox game without online multiplayer".

Isn't Bayonetta 2 60fps too?

Edit: Oh, and Mario Kart 8?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Not in 2 independent screens.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

Not in 2 independent screens.

Then they should have choose one. It still looks terrible.

After watching the video, I can say with confidence that people are heavily exaggerating the graphical improvements.

The game could be running at 4K and 120 fps and it would still look bad. A few of you like it, cool! Just stop trying to convince the rest that it doesn't look like shit.

mZuzek said:
Areym said:
I see you points but it still looks so dated compared to many many MANY others games. The gameplay may be spot on but it's on rail (correct me if wrong) so it can't be that hard to pull off or impressive. I'm not sure what this game (this one specifically, not the franchise itself) has going for it honestly, besides brand name.

Yes, because it's a rail shooter, therefore it's a bad game stuck in the past and has no purpose, since absolutely no one can have fun with that type of game if not for nostalgia. I think the only way to make Star Fox really good today would be to make it a MMO open-world.

Well, I didn't say all that. I payed full price for RE: Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside chronicles and I had a fun time with my brother (despite it being a very meh game overall) I'm just saying rail shooters are not the pinnacle of gameplay variety and ingenuity. Coupled with, in my honest opinion, outdate graphics and life-less scenery, I really do not see what this game brings to the table outside of being an Official Star Fox game. The Wii U has way, way better titles than this and I do not see the hype behind this game.

I do agree an MMO set in this world sounds like a great idea...and a furry's wet dream.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Yeah it looks awesome. Just like Devil's Third did before it got universal acclaim from reviews.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Areym said:
mZuzek said:
Areym said:
I see you points but it still looks so dated compared to many many MANY others games. The gameplay may be spot on but it's on rail (correct me if wrong) so it can't be that hard to pull off or impressive. I'm not sure what this game (this one specifically, not the franchise itself) has going for it honestly, besides brand name.

Yes, because it's a rail shooter, therefore it's a bad game stuck in the past and has no purpose, since absolutely no one can have fun with that type of game if not for nostalgia. I think the only way to make Star Fox really good today would be to make it a MMO open-world.

Well, I didn't say all that. I payed full price for RE: Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside chronicles and I had a fun time with my brother (despite it being a very meh game overall) I'm just saying rail shooters are not the pinnacle of gameplay variety and ingenuity. Coupled with, in my honest opinion, outdate graphics and life-less scenery, I really do not see what this game brings to the table outside of being an Official Star Fox game. The Wii U has way, way better titles than this and I do not see the hype behind this game.

I do agree an MMO set in this world sounds like a great idea...and a furry's wet dream.

Both RE Chronicles games had good graphics for a Wii game, specially Darkside Chronicles.