By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that Fallout 4 has dropped the GOTY conversation can actually start

Wish i had time to play all the candidates throughouly before making a statement. But I think it's safe to assume that not even all the voters on sites who hand out game of the year awards are even doing that.

From what i've played of Fallout 4 so far it's an incredible game. It has some technical issues on PS4 and xbox one but I believe it can be played at solid framerates and with even richer visuals on PC so I wouldn't factor that against it.

I played Witcher 1 and 2 on pc but was turned off by some aspects of the game like mediocre side quests and too much of a focus on a complicated battle system which i felt was more suited to an action game rather than an RPG.  Can someone tell me if these areas are different with Witcher 3?  It's definetly a beatifull game though and that has to play at least a small factor in game of the year voting.

Considering that Bayonetta 2 had better reviews on average than Bloodborne and both games seem to fill a similar niche I would say that Bloodborne likely won't get the nod for game of the year since an rpg beat it last year which is inferior to both Fallout 4 and Witcher 3.

Super Mario Maker is just happy to have been nominated.

Wish i had played Metal Gear Solid V I think this may well be the odds on favorite to win but may be viewed more negatively then it should be due to Konami coming off as being assholes this year.

Around the Network

Witcher 3 or bloodborne.

Fallout wins everytime for me. No other game can engulf me in it's world, like Fallout. The Witcher 3 is a close second.

I really like a few games, BO3 is great. Fallout 4 looks great but a game with glitches (not matter how small) should win GOTY. I think Bloodborne deserves it.

Hmm, pie.

I dont know i am thorn between Fallout 4 and The witcher 3, while MGS and Arkham Knight also a good one, but probably media will choose Fallout 4.

Around the Network

Couldn't agree more, the Witcher 3 and mgsv should be goty.

For me Splatoon, Fallout 4 and SMM are the best games of this year. I haven´t played Bloodborne or Tomb Raider though, also Xenoblade CX is gonna be released in 3 weeks and that looks like a good candidate too.

I feel like Bloodborne should get GOTY. It's one of those once in a generation type games. There's nothing like it. I was hoping MGSV would be GOTY material, but I was extremely dissapointed with the repetitiveness and lack of interesting story as a MGS fan.

bowserthedog said:

Wish i had time to play all the candidates throughouly before making a statement. But I think it's safe to assume that not even all the voters on sites who hand out game of the year awards are even doing that.

From what i've played of Fallout 4 so far it's an incredible game. It has some technical issues on PS4 and xbox one but I believe it can be played at solid framerates and with even richer visuals on PC so I wouldn't factor that against it.

I played Witcher 1 and 2 on pc but was turned off by some aspects of the game like mediocre side quests and too much of a focus on a complicated battle system which i felt was more suited to an action game rather than an RPG.  Can someone tell me if these areas are different with Witcher 3?  It's definetly a beatifull game though and that has to play at least a small factor in game of the year voting.

Considering that Bayonetta 2 had better reviews on average than Bloodborne and both games seem to fill a similar niche I would say that Bloodborne likely won't get the nod for game of the year since an rpg beat it last year which is inferior to both Fallout 4 and Witcher 3.

Super Mario Maker is just happy to have been nominated.

Wish i had played Metal Gear Solid V I think this may well be the odds on favorite to win but may be viewed more negatively then it should be due to Konami coming off as being assholes this year.

Witcher 3's side quests are some of the best I've played in an open world game. Most of them have their own intriguing narrative and the tracking ability using Witcher senses with Geralt's running commentary actually work to liven up the quests. The combat is a much better version of Witcher 2's combat. It is more action than your typical PC RPG, but it's both challenging and rewarding. I'd definately recommend it.

The Witcher 3!!!