By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that Fallout 4 has dropped the GOTY conversation can actually start

I'd say wait until XCX drops. Personally I'd like to see Fallout 4 for RPG and Splatoon for shooter.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

There's no way Fallout 4 is GOTY. So waiting wasn't even necessary.

I think the competition will be between Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. Maybe throw in MGSV in there as well.

for me the contenders are..

The Withcher 3 (press fav)
Bloodborne (press favour and good game)
Fallout 4 (the name counts a lot in this case)
Batman Arkham Night (everyone agree it is a great game)
Pillars of Eternity (Baldur's gate flava)
Splatoon (with all the free extra content it becomne a very great and fresh game)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Personal choice, love Monolith Soft and Xenoblade)
Legacy of the Void (great final for a great trilogy)
Halo 5 (will be in the conversation but won't win the prize)
Super Mario Maker ( Great tribute to a great franchise and its fans)

I made a top 10 contenders... maybe I'm missing some indie games... I don't remember any indie game as great as Journey was

PD I forget SW Battlefront !! With the big momentum SW will have this ywae and how looks thw game it will be in the conversation for sure

PD2: what the fuck!! I also forgot MGS5 !! 

Well if I'm not forgetting any game (maybe an indie) those 12 are the contenders or will be in the conversation.

Emperorbach said:
arkham knight

What was your favorite boss fight in that game? Oh wait, I forgot....its the first Arkham game not to have any. Glad you enjoyed it though.

Scoobes said:
No poll?

Anyway, Witcher 3 for me. It really set a new standard for storytelling and the quality of side quests is amazing for such a large world.

Fallout 4 is incredible so far, but I won't make a judgement until I've played more of it, and Metal Gear Solid V was also brilliant. It's been a good year for games imo.

I want this to be up to the individual opinion. Last time I put up a poll please complained that some Nintendo games werent on the list. The poll is off the record this time so everyone gets a shot at choosing what they want. I mean I could've waited for Battlefront and X but being realistic those games are only going to run for best RPG and  best shooter. The amount of contenders this year is nuts compared to last year.

Around the Network

Personally, Fallout 4... even though this is still in progress. So far i havent enjoyed it as much as Fallout 3, but i still have ways to go.

I got the witcher 3, but i havent gotten around to playing it. Perhaps it is worthy, but it hasnt convinced me enough to make it a priority yet. I do believe it was cause Dragon Age inqisition burned me with all the grindiness.

For me it's Bloodbourne, although I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet (probably going to get it during Black Friday sales).

I wouldn't be surprise to see The Witcher 3 take it this year though. My friends continue to rave about the game.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Emperorbach said:
arkham knight

What was your favorite boss fight in that game? Oh wait, I forgot....its the first Arkham game not to have any. Glad you enjoyed it though.

urghhhhhh opinions how do they work

Emperorbach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I should've put "I kid" in there. Its just a little running joke. Again...glad you enjoyed it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Emperorbach said:

I should've put "I kid" in there. Its just a little running joke. Again...glad you enjoyed it.

yeah the boss battles sucked tbh , especially deathstroke and the arkham knight 

more spectacular boss battles for those guys

less joker in that game 

more nightwing, >.> barbaraXtim was weird 

less batmobile would have made the game more fantastic

yeah i did , but i concede they were a ton of flaws