By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that Fallout 4 has dropped the GOTY conversation can actually start

The Witcher 3 is just epic. it deserves GOTY.

Around the Network

Ori and the blind forest is GOTY for me but I'm guessing Metal Gear or The Witcher 3 will take the crown :).

Call of Duty Black Ops 3, no joke.

The Witcher 3, but somehow I can see it being forgotten because of its early year release, I just hope Metal Gear Solid 5 doesn't get it, don't get me wrong it's a good game but the more I played it the more i realised it wasn't a patch on the Witcher 3 and I can see me enjoying fallout 4 better aswell although still early to say.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

GOTY? The one you liked the most.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

My vote goes to the witcher 3.

Scoobes said:
bowserthedog said:

Wish i had time to play all the candidates throughouly before making a statement. But I think it's safe to assume that not even all the voters on sites who hand out game of the year awards are even doing that.

From what i've played of Fallout 4 so far it's an incredible game. It has some technical issues on PS4 and xbox one but I believe it can be played at solid framerates and with even richer visuals on PC so I wouldn't factor that against it.

I played Witcher 1 and 2 on pc but was turned off by some aspects of the game like mediocre side quests and too much of a focus on a complicated battle system which i felt was more suited to an action game rather than an RPG.  Can someone tell me if these areas are different with Witcher 3?  It's definetly a beatifull game though and that has to play at least a small factor in game of the year voting.

Considering that Bayonetta 2 had better reviews on average than Bloodborne and both games seem to fill a similar niche I would say that Bloodborne likely won't get the nod for game of the year since an rpg beat it last year which is inferior to both Fallout 4 and Witcher 3.

Super Mario Maker is just happy to have been nominated.

Wish i had played Metal Gear Solid V I think this may well be the odds on favorite to win but may be viewed more negatively then it should be due to Konami coming off as being assholes this year.

Witcher 3's side quests are some of the best I've played in an open world game. Most of them have their own intriguing narrative and the tracking ability using Witcher senses with Geralt's running commentary actually work to liven up the quests. The combat is a much better version of Witcher 2's combat. It is more action than your typical PC RPG, but it's both challenging and rewarding. I'd definately recommend it.

I completely agree with you.  The quest system was the highlight of the game, imo.  Each side quest felt unique and different from each other (Something very hard to do in a open world rpg).  The battle system is fantastic and encourages the use of strategy to overcome the monsters and enemies. 

Scoobes said:
bowserthedog said:

Wish i had time to play all the candidates throughouly before making a statement. But I think it's safe to assume that not even all the voters on sites who hand out game of the year awards are even doing that.

From what i've played of Fallout 4 so far it's an incredible game. It has some technical issues on PS4 and xbox one but I believe it can be played at solid framerates and with even richer visuals on PC so I wouldn't factor that against it.

I played Witcher 1 and 2 on pc but was turned off by some aspects of the game like mediocre side quests and too much of a focus on a complicated battle system which i felt was more suited to an action game rather than an RPG.  Can someone tell me if these areas are different with Witcher 3?  It's definetly a beatifull game though and that has to play at least a small factor in game of the year voting.

Considering that Bayonetta 2 had better reviews on average than Bloodborne and both games seem to fill a similar niche I would say that Bloodborne likely won't get the nod for game of the year since an rpg beat it last year which is inferior to both Fallout 4 and Witcher 3.

Super Mario Maker is just happy to have been nominated.

Wish i had played Metal Gear Solid V I think this may well be the odds on favorite to win but may be viewed more negatively then it should be due to Konami coming off as being assholes this year.

Witcher 3's side quests are some of the best I've played in an open world game. Most of them have their own intriguing narrative and the tracking ability using Witcher senses with Geralt's running commentary actually work to liven up the quests. The combat is a much better version of Witcher 2's combat. It is more action than your typical PC RPG, but it's both challenging and rewarding. I'd definately recommend it.

Thanks for the input on Witcher 3.  I'm so swamped right now with Fallout 4 and Xenoblade X coming out soon too but I will definetely give Witcher 3 a chance at some point early next year.  I'd love to be able to play each nominated game like how I watched all best picture nominees before the Academy Awards but you can little do that in the amount of time that it takes to merely scratch the surface in a game like Witcher or Fallout!