By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that Fallout 4 has dropped the GOTY conversation can actually start

Who do you think should win GOTY? 

I'm calling Witcher 3. That game has bar none set standards for not only RPG's but for  what next gen expansions should look like.

Around the Network

Xenoblade isn't actually out yet so you may want to hold off. :/

Delicious, delicious games.

It's going to be a massively split vote this year. There are a lot of great games that appeal to people with different tastes. It's certainly not going to be a The Last of Us situation. Fallout, Witcher, Metal Gear, and Bloodborne are all going to take home a bunch of trophies. Perhaps even Tomb Raider, as well. Splatoon will win some and Halo will win some. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

There will be a lot of different GOTY winners, which means a lot of people whining and complaining about the opinions of others. I can't wait.

I just want to see Splatoon win the Best Shooter category, just because of the flamewars it would cause. And because I don't want to see Battlefront win it, with all the cut content from BFII.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

TheVoraciousFox said:

This

Around the Network

It's The Witcher 3 for me, and by a huge margin. Fallout 4 can't compete here, TW3 is in a class of its own.

It would be a travesty if Fallout 4 or MGSV won game of the year, so for me it has to be between Bloodborne and The Witcher 3. I've played both and got bored with one, so I'll go with Bloodborne.

The PS5 Exists. 

Probably Witcher 3, press loved how it redefined (according to them) open-world RPGs.

My personal GOTY is Pillars of Eternity, although it's not really up there with Planescape: Torment or BG2.

The wait really wasn't necessary. The GOTY already dropped in July.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

TheVoraciousFox said:

Im just going to be honest. I forgot about that game and my hype for starfox has slightly gone down. Thats pretty tough to do since Star Fox is my favorite Nintendo franchise.