By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Will the Terrorist Attacks in Paris Impact the Refugee Crisis?

Lawlight said:
The difference is that Christians aren't killing people in Paris.

No, they're killing people in Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Nigeria, and the list goes on.... 

Let's not call one religion more violent than the other. ISIS is fucked up, but they are not the representatives of Muslims throughout the world. You don't hear people calling the friggin' Ku Klux Klan representatives of Christianity.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

as stupid as Mike Hukabee's analogy is it kinda makes sense.

He said "Would buy a 5 pound bag of peanuts that you knew had just 10 deadly poisonous peanuts in it and then feed it to you kids"

99.9 % of the refugees are good people in desperate need of help. that .01% can go on a shooting rampage in you hometown.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

hershel_layton said:
Poliwrathlord said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are from the Old Testament, a book that Christians read for historical purposes, rather than what they get their laws from. Christians believe in the golden rule (do to others as you would have them do to you), not the laws in the Old Testament, or they would be Jewish.

And besides, I asked how Christianity is violent, not how it was. Have you heard of christians doing this in modern times? Christianity changed from what it was in the Dark Ages, and evolved, and that is something that Islam has not done, but desperately needs to do.

So...basically Christians ignore the book they're  meant to follow? The New testament is like the sequel to the old testament. One alone won't work without the other.

The old testament show's god's wrath towards sin(with some mercy), while the new testament shows His grace towards sin. Either way, it is a part of Christianity.

Also, many Christians are as xenophobic as the religious Islamic nuts. But you know what's the difference?

Let's take Ted Cruz for example. He thinks atheists shouldn't be president(only theists), and that abortions shouldn't be allowed. Why? Because of his beliefs.

Now, if you ask a reasonable Christian, they'll go ahead and say this isn't what a Christian should be.

Now, let us take ISIS. They do their regular schedule of raping and whatnot, and you see a PLETHORA of Muslims going out of their way to help people realize many Muslims can change, and have learned to accept other people's opinions. But guess what? Once that happens, people have to be jerks and say things such as "well the real islam says they are muslim" and so forth.

I mean, FUCK YOU(not to you, but to the people I'm talkin about). Do you want them to reform or not, because that's EXACTLY what they want to do. But once they try, people pull out the ''no true scottsman" card and make it impossible for muslims in this era to be accepted by people.

By people's logic, true Christians should kill me for not accepting anyone's cult. But no, they(as well as most religions) have had moderates create a no-violence version of their religion. Difference is, people don't care when it comes to Islam.

Christians are cool people. if you are one, I don't care at all! I'm fine! I care on whether you're a nice guy or not, and your taste. You apparently like pokemon, so it makes me like you more! Your religious beliefs don't make me hate you or love you any more!

Muslims are awesome folks as well. I live in a state with the most somalians in the whole country(2nd most in world)-it's Minnesota. I see moderates all the time trying to stop violence in the name of their god, but people never listen. Not sure why people can't realize there's already a regroup of Islam, but that's the world I suppose.

Religion will kill to the point of extinction.

The simply question is. Why does Islam compared to all other religions breed terrorist. Read the Koran. It will answer this for you. You don't have widespread Christian, Hindu, Buddist, Jewish, or any other religion turning to terrorism on a wide scale.

In reality, the terrorist are simply following a literal interpretation of the holy book. While the good and peaceful Muslims read certain passages as allegory and not revelvant to modern society.

Seriously read it. You won't be confused why it is so easy to radicalize a Muslim.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

c03n3nj0 said:
Lawlight said:
The difference is that Christians aren't killing people in Paris.

No, they're killing people in Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Nigeria, and the list goes on.... 

Let's not call one religion more violent than the other. ISIS is fucked up, but they are not the representatives of Muslims throughout the world. You don't hear people calling the friggin' Ku Klux Klan representatives of Christianity.

Who are the Christians who are doing that? All those countries have an islamic majority so odds are muslims are doing most of the killing there.

The KKK still exists? When was the last time you've heard of a terrorist attack from that group?

Lawlight said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Who are the Christians who are doing that? All those countries have an islamic majority so odds are muslims are doing most of the killing there.

The KKK still exists? When was the last time you've heard of a terrorist attack from that group?

See that's just misinformed of you. Nigeria has 182 million people and 45-58% of the people are Chrisitian. (41% are muslim, and a small minority keep their indigenous faiths). The history of christians and muslims killing each other is long in this country.

When I said Sudan I was referring to South Sudan, which has a minority but hefty Christian population, but is irrelevant, because both the Muslims and Chrisitans in the area are equally terrorized by the (Christian) Lord's Resistance Army (ever heard of Kony, the guy who kidnapped thousands of child soldiers to fight and forced them to kill their own parents)

And regarding Iraq and Syria, are you going to ignore the Iraq War and the giant clusterfuck Bush created tha lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people? 

Do you know the things Bush was saying when attacking Iraq? let me refresh your memory: "I am driven with a mission from God." "And then God would tell me, Goeorge, go and end the tyranny in Iraq." In an interview with the BBC. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

It is STILL taboo for United States presidents to admit they are not Christian. Obama is probably an atheist, but lord knows he could never admit it to the American public!  Oh yeah, "God Bless America!"

The Ku Klux Klan still exists, although it is considerably weaker and more cult-like than it was in the 60's (during its "renaissance" where they murded people associated with the Civil Rights Movements), and in the 1920's where they outright terrorized and murdered anyone who was not white or Chrisitian. The fact that they are no longer as powerful has nothing to do with my point. My point is that people associated Islam with ISIS and violence and it's retarded. No one EVER associated the Ku Klux Klan with Chrisitany, because it never represented nor the will of the majority of Chrisitians. The failure to think the same way regarding ISIS is blind and hypocritical. 

ISIS is equally hated by Muslims and Chrisitans. 

All this coming from a Christian American/Dutch guy, if it means anything to you. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

ISIS is a disease that can affect anyone who is open to terrorism.
Refugees aren't more vulnerable to that than locals.

Teeqoz said:
Qwark said:

Without the extreme right rising in Western Europe thousands of Western Muslims already joined IS. Extreme right can become a very powerful faction in Europe and one who doesn't concern more about geopolitics than the safety of there people. Don't be astounded if Extreme right factions become far more popular politic wise. This results in the given IS will be fought much harder on their grounds. But it will be a hard time for Muslims in the Western world.

What do you mean "without the extreme right wing rising"? The extreme right wing has been rising in the west for at least the past decade, probably more.

I have no doubt that extreme right will grow over the next few years, but I don't think that's a good thing, neither for westerners nor for muslims. I think it'll lead to more conflict, and yes, I think it'll even lead to more terrorism.

Please point me to the extreme right rising, because I haven't seen a single bit of evidence of that outside of small irrelevant political parties that hold no power.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Conina said:

Look this is what is happening, European born muslims go to the middle east and fight for ISIS they are then banned from returning.  They buy Syrian passports and then mix in with real refuge's to get back into Europe to commit terrorist act's.

The problem is not the refuge's.

The problem is that there are hundreds of thousands of refuge's and it requires a lot of time and money to check who is coming through.

This is why countries that do have real border checks for refuge's limit the number to a few thousand a year the time required to do back ground checks.

Machina said:
*Migrant crisis. Most of the people moving through Europe are economic migrants, and the vast majority are fit, young Muslim men.

If you don't think that's a problem then it's worth looking at the behaviour of young male Muslim immigrants and descendants of immigrants in European countries like Sweden, which is now the rape capital of Europe and has no-go areas for non-Muslims, and the UK, which has a horrific problem of Muslim child rape gangs in its towns and cities. That's to say nothing of the growing instances of FGM, forced marriages, sharia courts, homophobic attacks, anti-semitism, political corruption, radicalisation of young Muslims, and so on.

There's a cultural clash there that Europe's politicians are unwilling to even acknowledge because they consider Islam to be more a race than a religion or ideology, and so the problem not only persists but grows.

Unfortunately it looks like Merkel's decided to double down on her insanity and since she's the one calling the shots for the entire continent the events in France have changed nothing.

Really? This is coming from an admin?

Take it from someone who is living in Sweden, there are 0! no-go zones. That's a lie that fox news made up. There are about 500 000 people of muslim background in Sweden. Out of those about 15% are considered religious, and of those, about 25 000 are devout enough to even pray 5 times a day. The farther you go down the generations, the more secular. Statistics usually take the drama away from the whole "they are radicals and taking over" narrative.

We are not a rape capital either. The reason more rapes are reported is because there has historically been tremendous efforts to get rape victims to report the crimes. There is less stigma on rape victims and the legal definition is much broader. If you account for those things, stats are in line with most other countries.

Trust me. The muslims coming here are a much greater threat to islam than they are to secular society. There is a culture clash. We're winning it. Just like we won against christianity.

I LOVE ICELAND!

outlawauron said:
Teeqoz said:

What do you mean "without the extreme right wing rising"? The extreme right wing has been rising in the west for at least the past decade, probably more.

I have no doubt that extreme right will grow over the next few years, but I don't think that's a good thing, neither for westerners nor for muslims. I think it'll lead to more conflict, and yes, I think it'll even lead to more terrorism.

Please point me to the extreme right rising, because I haven't seen a single bit of evidence of that outside of small irrelevant political parties that hold no power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegida

It started in Germany, and has gotten sub-organisations across Europe. (This is the most recently). But over the last decade, yes, saying extreme right has been rising is exagerrating, but overall, the political landscape (and not just petty organisations) have gotten more and more right-turned, and in some cases those right-wing parties have some pretty extreme opinions, especially when it comes to immigration.

But I think the likes of Pegida, and its sympathisers are only contributing to legitimize the picture various Islamic terror organisations are trying to paint in their propaganda, and thus are helping them recruit more people, which is certainly a bad thing.