By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is the PSP lowering in the US and Others and rising in Japan?

Louie said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Well ,I dont think the PSP is falling in US and UE .In US for example it sold 243K units in US alone in february ,improving its January numbers and also improving last years numbers .

In UE the numbers are just a bit fake ...the PSP is selling really fast and has been in rupture of stock over the holidays and january and debut february and vgchartz still puts it toe to toe with the not-selling-at-all 360 .

For example in Spain the PSP numbers for 31 Dec were 1.8 million nearly 1.9 after Sony data citing GFK ,and this site continues to have it at 1.5 million .I think PSP is undertracked in Europe ,and its software vastly undertracked .The piratery is hurting a lot ,yes ,but that doesnt detract from the fact that we actually see the product moving in the stores .

The only thing undertracked and underestimated on this site, Diomedes, is the influence of huge, faceless corporations on their respective supporters in certain videogame forums...

Yeah ,you are even more of a fanboy than I thought .But I wasnt speaking of that .The PSP is undertracked in SPAIN ,thats clear GFk data put it at nearly 1.9 million for 31 dec .I have even said some weeks ago that I think the PS3 is overtracked some 40-50K units in my country so so much about supporting blindly a "faceless corporation " .But the PSP is undertracked ,thats fact not opinion .ANd as the US sales have increased since january to february and year to year is easy to understand the PSP isnt falling anywhere .

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:

Yeah ,you are even more of a fanboy than I thought .But I wasnt speaking of that .The PSP is undertracked in SPAIN ,thats clear GFk data put it at nearly 1.9 million for 31 dec .I have even said some weeks ago that I think the PS3 is overtracked some 40-50K units in my country so so much about supporting blindly a "faceless corporation " .But the PSP is undertracked ,thats fact not opinion .ANd as the US sales have increased since january to february and year to year is easy to understand the PSP isnt falling anywhere .

You somehow read things into my post that I never even thought of. Something is going on here... Its not like I personally disliked you but everytime I read one of your posts you write about something being overtracked or undertracked. There is always the possibility you are right but believe me those things are being talked about even before you post them in the forums.

Lots of people are working to bring these numbers to you and they do a very hard work, just to remind you. I´m sorry if I offended you, really - but please show those people the respect they diserve. If you have questions or want to talk about data send me a Private Message and we´ll have a conversation.

monstor hunter 2G is coming out, that's why

i think cause DS has reached saturation point in japan and now people are starting to buy the other hand-held plus cause the new design has left its sales still high

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

the DS has hit saturation point in Japan. However, it is nowhere close to that point in America and "others" so it continues to sell well there

Around the Network

New model, new color, lots of new extra multimedia gadgetry.

Also note, the DS is still selling pretty great, considering its userbase in Japan, its just not reaching those legendary numbers of old.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The Japanese are all about the cool, hip, shiny, and cheap. That's the PSP is, its cool, its hip, its shiny, it does alot of things, and is relatively inexpensive, what does the DS do? Nothing. The rest of the world are just cheap asses.

Monster Hunter

Every time Amazon opens the order for PSP, they jump up to the top spots of the chart until out of stock.  This phenomenon has lasted for months since the launch of PSP Slim.  DS Lite used to have similar experience in Japan last year.

Take a look at this:

ゲーム Top 100

詳細を見る (1時間ごとに更新)

PSP「プレイステーション・ポータブル」 ピアノ・ブラック(PSP-2000PB)

¥ 19,800 ¥ 18,810

PSP「プレイステーション・ポータブル」 ミント・グリーン(PSP-2000MG)

¥ 19,800 ¥ 18,810

PSP「プレイステーション・ポータブル」 ラベンダー・パープル(PSP-2000LP)

¥ 19,800 ¥ 18,810

PSP「プレイステーション・ポータブル」 フェリシア・ブルー(PSP-2000FB)

¥ 19,800 ¥ 18,810

PSP「プレイステーション・ポータブル」 セラミック・ホワイト(PSP-2000CW)

¥ 19,800 ¥ 18,810

KORG DS-10(Amazon.co.jp限定販売)

¥ 4,800

スターオーシャン2 セカンド エヴォリューション 特典 スペシャルDVD付き

¥ 5,040 ¥ 3,895

PSP「プレイステーション・ポータブル」 アイス・シルバー(PSP-2000IS)

¥ 19,800 ¥ 18,810

無双OROCHI 魔王再臨 特典 ポップアップカレンダー・ボールペン付き

¥ 7,140 ¥ 5,455

シムシティDS2~古代から未来へ続くまち~

¥ 4,979 ¥ 3,852

The Pink one is not in the Top 10 because it has sold out already.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX