By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is the PSP lowering in the US and Others and rising in Japan?

hunter_alien said:
Japan is a much-more handheld-oriented region than the US and EU . The DS reached its saturation point , so its obvious that the next system they will move onto will be another , different handheld .

I love that comment.

So once the NDS has dominated the entire market and has completely run out of potential buyers, then the PSP will become a great success.  The iron-y levels in that comment could kill a small kitten (as could my horrible pun).

Around the Network

No , the DS will probably have a huge lead against the PSP even this year , especially with the new DQ game , but IMO many DS owners have opted for a PSP to lately , Im not shure that all sales are from old PSP owners buying slims , especially because of the never ending sales of MHF2 ... The truth is that the PSP managed to turn around pretty nicely , and untill the DS will see a new redesign , it will never have such a huge lead as it had back in 07 ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Words Of Wisdom said:
hunter_alien said:
Japan is a much-more handheld-oriented region than the US and EU . The DS reached its saturation point , so its obvious that the next system they will move onto will be another , different handheld .

I love that comment.

So once the NDS has dominated the entire market and has completely run out of potential buyers, then the PSP will become a great success. The iron-y levels in that comment could kill a small kitten (as could my horrible pun).

It makes some sense.  When I was a kid I got 1 big present a year and a bunch of small ones.  1 year it might be SNES, a bike the next, and Sega G the next.  I didn't stop playing the SNES but I was going to get a big present and so why not get a Sega when I knew there were a few games on it that I wanted to play?

It is often the way things work with consoles.  If handhelds are so popular in Japan, people that got the DS first may be getting a PSP now.  It doesn't mean they stop supporting the DS, though.  So if by move onto hunter_alien just meant buy, I agree with him.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Of course thats what I meant . Common , only a moron would think that the PSP could have at this point any chance to take over the DSs throne , and I can proudly say that Im not one of them .

IMO their #1 handheld will still be the DS , just that for varietys sake , or for some new game they decided that the PSP could be a good purchase , and with a new model , new colors , peripherals , games I can see why :)

Soriku said:
Yakuzaice said:
Soriku said:
Yakuzaice said:
Soriku said:
ctk495 said:
kingdom hearts birth by sleep says hi

You and me,soriku know that’ s the real reason why japanesse gamers are buying the psp.

As much as I'd like to believe that...no. KH is popular in Japan but not as popular say games like MH or any other mainly Japanese-oriented games.

Well both PS2 Kingdom Hearts games outsold the PS2 Monster Hunter games significantly. Whether it will have as much handheld popularity as MH is yet to be seen.

That's because KH is popular in all regions. MH is popular in Japan mostly. Not to mention MH2 never came out in the West.

I meant in Japan only. But hunter already mentioned that. The best selling MH (PS2) game 600k. The best selling KH game 1.24 mil.

Hasn't MHF2 (PSP) sold like 2 mil in Japan alone or something? It seems Japan may like handheld MHs better. Imagine a mH on the DS... :O Sales would be insane. With MH3 on the Wii, we might see MHF3 on the DS...hopefully.

Correct me if i'm wrong guys who have Monster Hunter. But Monster Hunter PS2 never had on line... or if it did not many people made use of it... i mean how many people actually have their PS2 online?

While one of the biggest parts of PSP monster hunter was to get together big party's to take down monsters you just can't beat alone.

If Monster Hunter Wii gets an online function it might sell a lot better.

Around the Network

Well a new Pokemon game was released in Japan this week, and we know how Japan loves Pokemon.

Maybe Sony's bribing all of Japan.

60,000 a week.

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot
Kasz216 said:
Soriku said:
Yakuzaice said:
Soriku said:
Yakuzaice said:
Soriku said:
ctk495 said:
kingdom hearts birth by sleep says hi

You and me,soriku know that’ s the real reason why japanesse gamers are buying the psp.

As much as I'd like to believe that...no. KH is popular in Japan but not as popular say games like MH or any other mainly Japanese-oriented games.

Well both PS2 Kingdom Hearts games outsold the PS2 Monster Hunter games significantly. Whether it will have as much handheld popularity as MH is yet to be seen.

That's because KH is popular in all regions. MH is popular in Japan mostly. Not to mention MH2 never came out in the West.

I meant in Japan only. But hunter already mentioned that. The best selling MH (PS2) game 600k. The best selling KH game 1.24 mil.

Hasn't MHF2 (PSP) sold like 2 mil in Japan alone or something? It seems Japan may like handheld MHs better. Imagine a mH on the DS... :O Sales would be insane. With MH3 on the Wii, we might see MHF3 on the DS...hopefully.

Correct me if i'm wrong guys who have Monster Hunter. But Monster Hunter PS2 never had on line... or if it did not many people made use of it... i mean how many people actually have their PS2 online?

While one of the biggest parts of PSP monster hunter was to get together big party's to take down monsters you just can't beat alone.

If Monster Hunter Wii gets an online function it might sell a lot better.

Monster Hunter became popular on the PSP . It never had online , but its THE game on xlink-kai . Im not shure how the Wii version will do , seeing that the best selling PS2 version did 1/3 of the PSP version just looking at Japanese numbers .

This is similar to Pokemon IMO . It sells amazingly on handhelds but only does well on home consoles ...