By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was Cloud a good character to appear in Super Smash Bros?

Tagged games:

Was Cloud a good choice for Smash Bros?

I like his inclusion 77 60.63%

There were better choices 35 27.56%

I don't care 15 11.81%

Total:127

The addition of Cloud is fine. Fans have a preconceived notion that only characters from primarily Nintendo based games should appear in the game. I disagree, and i'm glad that the developers agree with that. It should be about recognizable characters as Smash is a fun fighter at its core. This is a move that will attract a lot of Final Fantasy fans that didn't care about the game into it.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
fleischr said:

This is just a tip of the hat to FF7 coming to NX

Mainline Final Fantasy games reuniting with the Nintendo platform right where they left off, that's a considerable homecoming and it'll be big push for FF7 overall.

That's all good and wishful thinking, but I'll just have to wait until I see something more solid.

SSB had Snake and Ryu as playable characters, but where's a MGS or Street Fighter game?

It's pretty funny when Snake and Ryu were added the interenet didn't blow up or speculated much on their future games coming to Nintendo, but since this is Cloud then it's highly certain it's legit.  Ryu was a new character recently but we know very well that SF5 is exclusive to Sony.

So like I said, I'll have to wait for something more solid. I would love it if Nintendo did partner up with Square for a Super Mario RPG sequel and remakes of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and FF6.

We did get SF4 and MGS3 for 3DS, but that's about it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
V-r0cK said:
fleischr said:

Mainline Final Fantasy games reuniting with the Nintendo platform right where they left off, that's a considerable homecoming and it'll be big push for FF7 overall.

That's all good and wishful thinking, but I'll just have to wait until I see something more solid.

SSB had Snake and Ryu as playable characters, but where's a MGS or Street Fighter game?

It's pretty funny when Snake and Ryu were added the interenet didn't blow up or speculated much on their future games coming to Nintendo, but since this is Cloud then it's highly certain it's legit.  Ryu was a new character recently but we know very well that SF5 is exclusive to Sony.

So like I said, I'll have to wait for something more solid. I would love it if Nintendo did partner up with Square for a Super Mario RPG sequel and remakes of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and FF6.

That doesn't seem very fair as the original games were released before on other systems so it seems like Nintendo's getting the short end of the stick.  Wii U can't even get Ultra SF4 or MGS5.  

Seems like the characters added in SSB are in connection with older games rather than newer ones, so in that theory with Cloud being added in now Nintendo will get the original FF7 game instead of the remake! loll jk gosh I hope not.

V-r0cK said:
AZWification said:
V-r0cK said:
fleischr said:

That doesn't seem very fair as the original games were released before on other systems so it seems like Nintendo's getting the short end of the stick.  Wii U can't even get Ultra SF4 or MGS5.  

Seems like the characters added in SSB are in connection with older games rather than newer ones, so in that theory with Cloud being added in now Nintendo will get the original FF7 game instead of the remake! loll jk gosh I hope not.

You do realize Smash Brothers isn't just a Wii U game right? It's a 3DS title too, in fact the 3DS version is by far the better selling version. Street Fighter and Metal Gear are both on the 3DS. Wouldn't really shock me if Final Fantasy VII (PSOne port) is coming to the 3DS. 

Developers don't support the Wii U because it sold like dog poop. That's all there is to that. 

They should put big video game icons in Smash if they can get them. Even if they don't have a history on Nintendo platforms.

I like the idea of it becoming more and more a celebration of video games in general, no other game could do that.

Around the Network

Having said that, I do hope that Square at leasts releases the Virtual Console titles they've neglected. I want to play Chrono Trigger. Can't. At least the VI Nintendo Final Fantasy games.

BasilZero said:
V-r0cK said:

I would love it if Nintendo did partner up with Square for a Super Mario RPG sequel and remakes of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and FF6.

You are a monster for saying that. Now I feel bad we'll never see a sequel/remake for any of those games - well except for FF6 - its gonna get the mobile remake treatment l0l.

loll you're more of a monster for saying FF6 to get a mobile treatment! That would literally be the ultimate slap to every FF6 fan's face loll xD

Square seems to be on a roll and doing good by Sony and XB1, so I'm hope they can continue that roll onto Nintendo with at least a remake of one of those games or a Super Mario RPG sequel :)

SM RPG Sequel???? My most hype if true game ever! SMRPG is my Favorite GoaT!

BasilZero said:
V-r0cK said:

loll you're more of a monster for saying FF6 to get a mobile treatment! That would literally be the ultimate slap to every FF6 fan's face loll xD

Square seems to be on a roll and doing good by Sony and XB1, so I'm hope they can continue that roll onto Nintendo with at least a remake of one of those games or a Super Mario RPG sequel :)

Wait a minute - wow I cant believe I forgot but FFVI already got the mobile remake treatment LOL

But ya I hope SE does great things this gen - so far so good. They've been my most fav dev/publisher for the past 10+ years and they havent really disappointed me at all ;p

I was thinking of an actual full-on remake of FF6 on mobile lol

I'm with you there, Square's been my favourite dev/publisher for as long as I can remember.  They really do amazing games :)

spemanig said:
Having said that, I do hope that Square at leasts releases the Virtual Console titles they've neglected. I want to play Chrono Trigger. Can't. At least the VI Nintendo Final Fantasy games.

Well, technically they are all there on the Wii's VC, which is on the Wii U's also. It just makes it a big more annoying to access is all.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread