By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was Cloud a good character to appear in Super Smash Bros?

Tagged games:

Was Cloud a good choice for Smash Bros?

I like his inclusion 77 60.63%

There were better choices 35 27.56%

I don't care 15 11.81%

Total:127
Cloudman said:
BraLoD said:
Cloudman said:
Jeez, all this hollalaboo over lil ol' me. I didn't think me being in the game would cause so much trouble in less than a day.

We are talking about me, Cloud, right? Riight? ; )

Of course we are talking about you, everybody loves talking about you :D

Haha, suddenly I became the hot topic. Though I dunno if people love or hate me... x )

Strangely enough, seems like some Nintendo fans are not very pleased with your news XP

x ) Yeah, I dunno why... I mean, I'm a cool guy right? Maybe I'll play my game finally... x D

Cloudman said:

Haha, suddenly I became the hot topic. Though I dunno if people love or hate me... x )

Basically everone loves you because you are an iconic character but they hate you because they fell you don´t deserve to be in the game, a lot of mix feeling.

Yeah, I can see that. I was only in one game, and I fought against Megaman and eventually died twice. We're talking about that Cloud, right..? ; )

Cloudman said:

You made it! Look alive! I'll buy you for sure.

Here's hoping we get Ultrashroomz in the next update.

B^) Be sure to get my good side Sakurai...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Just imagine having a Smash match which features Mario, Pikachu, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu and Cloud! How could you not love that?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well it's as random as Smash having Snake or Ryu so it's actually kind of not surprised.

Would've been cool if Nintendo put Bayonetta in instead, since they have exclusive to the sequel game why not make use of it in the meantime.

BasilZero said:

Regardless whether SSB deserves him as a character or not. History will forever know that Smash bros got Cloud but Playstation All Stars couldnt even get him...l0l.

That's actually pretty funny and true.

But until it's confirmed the way I see it is SSB gets Cloud while Nintendo competitors gets the actual FF7 Remake lol. 

Yeah because FF7 remake is going to NX

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
BasilZero said:

Regardless whether SSB deserves him as a character or not. History will forever know that Smash bros got Cloud but Playstation All Stars couldnt even get him...l0l.

But until it's confirmed the way I see it is SSB gets Cloud while Nintendo competitors gets the actual FF7 Remake lol. 

This is just a tip of the hat to FF7 coming to NX

Mainline Final Fantasy games reuniting with the Nintendo platform right where they left off, that's a considerable homecoming and it'll be big push for FF7 overall.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
V-r0cK said:
BasilZero said:

This is just a tip of the hat to FF7 coming to NX

Mainline Final Fantasy games reuniting with the Nintendo platform right where they left off, that's a considerable homecoming and it'll be big push for FF7 overall.

That's all good and wishful thinking, but I'll just have to wait until I see something more solid.

SSB had Snake and Ryu as playable characters, but where's a MGS or Street Fighter game?

It's pretty funny when Snake and Ryu were added the interenet didn't blow up or speculated much on their future games coming to Nintendo, but since this is Cloud then it's highly certain it's legit.  Ryu was a new character recently but we know very well that SF5 is exclusive to Sony.

So like I said, I'll have to wait for something more solid. I would love it if Nintendo did partner up with Square for a Super Mario RPG sequel and remakes of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and FF6.

Are you trying to suggest Nintendo gamers are not familiar with Cloud or something? That we never owned PS1's or FF7, that happens to be my favourite game of all time.

Maybe they are trying to get a better relationship with Square, because Final Fantasy could be a good deal for NX.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Well Cloud is Zapdos' half-brother so he's got a Nintendo connection.

(Yes, I'm recycling 6 year old jokes, deal with it!)

Signature goes here!