By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was Cloud a good character to appear in Super Smash Bros?

Tagged games:

Was Cloud a good choice for Smash Bros?

I like his inclusion 77 60.63%

There were better choices 35 27.56%

I don't care 15 11.81%

Total:127

While I do question whether or not FF7R will make it to NX. I do think it's possible for FF7 OG to appear on Wii U and 3DS as a VC title

Around the Network

I'm fine with smash bros including the most iconic characters in gaming. Megaman, sonic, ryu, pacman, and cloud are great additions as guest characters. It would also be great to have snake back since he is widely requested by smash fans due to his zoning playstyle (along with iconic franchise).

pokoko said:
Does Smash Bros. deserve Cloud?

As if cloud is on that caliber :p

pokoko said:

A much better question 

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

pokoko said:

This is a fair question.

Around the Network
CWegzz said:
He definitely does not deserve to be in Smash Bros, unless this is marketing to get Nintendo fans hyped for Final Fantasy VII Remake for NX. Then, I am perfectly fine with him being in Smash Bros, but if not, he has no place in Smash Bros and should not be here.

The flood gates are open.  The next main FF game will be on the NX along  with ps4 and xbone.  I mean, that just makes.  So much sense.

pokoko said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Apparently more than PSABR

OT: It doesn't really matter if he deserves to be in. His iconic status in JRPG makes him a great addition to Smash Bros already phenomenal roster of Nintendo and Japanese gaming icons.

Know we just need Snake back along with his codecs to fill in the Konami representative. 

Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer?  I'm unfamilar with those initials.  Regardless, my question was meant make light of the idea of animated pixels deserving to be with other animated pixels.  It's not like Smash Bros. is a sweet high school girl dating the guy who smokes pot under the overpass.

Playstation All Star Battle Royale.

And I got your point

Cloud is definitely iconic so it is interesting to see him in

I'm not sure where I stand on this, but it's fine... as long as this doesn't open the gateway to some other characters :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Are you kidding? It's a no brainer slam dunk. Especially if FF7 Remake is coming to NX down the line, it's a good way to introduce the IP to the Nintendo-verse as it were. Even if its not, it's still a cool move. 

Besides I think Smash now pretty much has all the "big gun" iconic characters of video gaming (Sony/MS owned characters aside).

Sonic, Snake, Ryu, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Cloud have all appeared. They may as well bring Snake back as DLC too IMO.

Cloud is to good for it. I'd say he is over qualified, and ninten don't deserve it. congrats to Smash Bros for getting a FF char tho. Believe it!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5