By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was Cloud a good character to appear in Super Smash Bros?

Tagged games:

Was Cloud a good choice for Smash Bros?

I like his inclusion 77 60.63%

There were better choices 35 27.56%

I don't care 15 11.81%

Total:127
t3mporary_126 said:
pokoko said:
Does Smash Bros. deserve Cloud?

Apparently more than PSABR

OT: It doesn't really matter if he deserves to be in. His iconic status in JRPG makes him a great addition to Smash Bros already phenomenal roster of Nintendo and Japanese gaming icons.

Know we just need Snake back along with his codecs to fill in the Konami representative. 

PSASBR could have Dart and scrapped it together with all DLC.

PSASBR deserves nothing but hate! You could have been GOTG!

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
pokoko said:
Does Smash Bros. deserve Cloud?

Apparently more than PSABR

OT: It doesn't really matter if he deserves to be in. His iconic status in JRPG makes him a great addition to Smash Bros already phenomenal roster of Nintendo and Japanese gaming icons.

Know we just need Snake back along with his codecs to fill in the Konami representative. 

Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer?  I'm unfamilar with those initials.  Regardless, my question was meant make light of the idea of animated pixels deserving to be with other animated pixels.  It's not like Smash Bros. is a sweet high school girl dating the guy who smokes pot under the overpass.

I really don't see why it matters if he is in or not. Don't like him, don't play with him. Sure, it would have been nice to see some more "Nintendo-oriented" characters get announced, but I think a lot of people wanted to see Cloud in Smash and are now pretty satisfied. Also, they will probably announce more characters in December. I am just happy that more excellent music options will be available to battle to. 

Hi

I don't know if deserve is the write word. I don't think it makes any sense for Cloud to be in Smash UNLESS, as many people now suspect, the FFVII remake will make its way to NX. If so, then very smart move.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ultrashroomz said:

So I was talking to a couple friends about this after today's Nintendo Direct, and I was wondering, does Cloud Strife deserve to be in Smash Bros?

Now first off, don't get me wrong, I am pretty excited that he is going to be a newcomer, and I am definitely planning to buy him day 1, but of all the newcomers Sakurai could've chosen to add, why was Cloud chosen of all characters?

While Cloud has appeared in a good handful of games and spinoffs on Nintendo platforms, Cloud's origin game, Final Fantasy VII, never appeared on a Nintendo platform in any capacity.  At least with Snake, the first MGS game was remade for the Gamecube, but FFVII was never rereleased on a Nintendo platform or anything.

It should also be worth noting that Cloud doesn't seem to be the character from the Smash Ballot, as I don't know a single person who ever mentioned wanting Cloud in Smash, and when you think of the top candidates of the ballot, you usually think of King K Rool, Shovel Knight, and Inklings.

So what do you think, did Cloud deserve to be in Smash at all?

My first exposure to Snake and Metal Gear was on NES.  

The game left a major impact on me, I even read the novelization I played it so much.

Around the Network

Alright, after seeing some of these comments, I agree that my word choice wasn't the best, so I am changing the title a bit.

To say that Final Fantasy has a history on Nintendo systems would be a gross understatement. Cloud is the most iconic Final Fantasy character. I can't be bothered to attempt to phrase it more eloquently than GameXplain: "I am a huge fan of the idea of Final Fantasy being in Smash, and if there was ever going to be a Final Fantasy character, it was always going to be Cloud."

It works. I have no objections.

New poll might actually be less effective. "I like his inclusion" and "There were better choices" aren't mutually exclusive. Though personally I'm hard-pressed to think of a better choice to represent Final Fantasy as a series.

I don't really mind his inclusion tbh. Sure, there are other characters I'd prefer but I think it's kinda neat. Plus, it should be good publicity for both Nintendo and SE

Cloudman said:
QUAKECore89 said:

SE was originally going to make FF7 on SNES and N64 then they decided to release on PS1 since the console has CD-based that able to swap disc & more storage capacity.

Yeah, I remember that. Thus add more salt to this wound : X

And lemon.

I don't know if this character hints something... more, but I'd be unbelievable happy if that FFVII remake releases in NX. He's one of my favourite characters of all time, FFVII is my favourite JRPG of all time, and I want this. But, no, maybe is a Snake case again T__T