By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was Cloud a good character to appear in Super Smash Bros?

Tagged games:

Was Cloud a good choice for Smash Bros?

I like his inclusion 77 60.63%

There were better choices 35 27.56%

I don't care 15 11.81%

Total:127

Does anybody deserve to be in Smash bros?

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

I was never a big fan of Snake's inclusion in Brawl, but Cloud doesn't really bother me. Mostly because he feels more at home stylistically than Snake did IMO.

Probably not gonna be a popular opinion, but I kinda see Cloud as the figurehead for the Final Fantasy frachise, which had its start on Nintendo platforms. Did his game ever appear on a Nintendo platform? Technically no...but I'm guessing he stands out a lot more to your average gaming fan than the protags of FF 1-6.

Though I'm not exactly well versed in the FF franchise...so maybe I'm completely off-base here. I think his inclusion is a good sign of relations between Nintendo and Square Enix at least, and it's definitely a sign of how widespread Super Smash Bros. has grown as a crossover IP.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

cheesus.... U r getting something good so you should enjoy it, not complain about it. I did a lot of naughty stuffs on my chilhood and i still got my xmass presents every, year thank you very much

CWegzz said:
He definitely does not deserve to be in Smash Bros, unless this is marketing to get Nintendo fans hyped for Final Fantasy VII Remake for NX. Then, I am perfectly fine with him being in Smash Bros, but if not, he has no place in Smash Bros and should not be here.

My thoughts exactly. Let's hope the rumors/talk about FFVII Remake being ported to NX to be true.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Cloudman said:
No Ultra, what have you done..? No... NOOOOOoooooo.... @_@

... I dunno if deserve is quite a right word for it? I guess who ever seems to fit in well and is a recognizable/iconic character, then that seems fine. Cloud seems to fit in the 2nd category.

He does seem like an odd choice, as you stated, FF7 was a PS1 only title, and the start of a bad relationship between SE and Ninten. Doing this seem to remind everyone of those more terrible times.

But, it seems really cool nonetheless. Cloud is a major iconic character in the FF series, the Playstation, and RPGs in general. Having him stand among other great iconic characters makes Smash seem more like an ultimate dream cross fighter. I mean, how often does Cloud, Ryu, Sonic, Mario, Megaman, and so on get to fight together in one fighting game. Only one, and it's Smash baby B^)

As some have said today, with Cloud entering smash, it almost seems the skies the limits...

SE was originally going to make FF7 on SNES and N64 then they decided to release on PS1 since the console has CD-based that able to swap disc & more storage capacity.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Does Smash Bros. deserve Cloud?

Apparently more than PSABR

OT: It doesn't really matter if he deserves to be in. His iconic status in JRPG makes him a great addition to Smash Bros already phenomenal roster of Nintendo and Japanese gaming icons.

Know we just need Snake back along with his codecs to fill in the Konami representative. 

QUAKECore89 said:
Cloudman said:
No Ultra, what have you done..? No... NOOOOOoooooo.... @_@

... I dunno if deserve is quite a right word for it? I guess who ever seems to fit in well and is a recognizable/iconic character, then that seems fine. Cloud seems to fit in the 2nd category.

He does seem like an odd choice, as you stated, FF7 was a PS1 only title, and the start of a bad relationship between SE and Ninten. Doing this seem to remind everyone of those more terrible times.

But, it seems really cool nonetheless. Cloud is a major iconic character in the FF series, the Playstation, and RPGs in general. Having him stand among other great iconic characters makes Smash seem more like an ultimate dream cross fighter. I mean, how often does Cloud, Ryu, Sonic, Mario, Megaman, and so on get to fight together in one fighting game. Only one, and it's Smash baby B^)

As some have said today, with Cloud entering smash, it almost seems the skies the limits...

SE was originally going to make FF7 on SNES and N64 then they decided to release on PS1 since the console has CD-based that able to swap disc & more storage capacity.

Yeah, I remember that. Thus add more salt to this wound : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I would assume that the Nintendo fanbase would be thrilled to have one of the most iconic characters in gaming coming to smash. I personally am excited for you!!! Lol

Anyway, square enix + NX.

t3mporary_126 said:
pokoko said:
Does Smash Bros. deserve Cloud?

Apparently more than PSABR

OT: It doesn't really matter if he deserves to be in. His iconic status in JRPG makes him a great addition to Smash Bros already phenomenal roster of Nintendo and Japanese gaming icons.

Know we just need Snake back along with his codecs to fill in the Konami representative. 

Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer?  I'm unfamilar with those initials.  Regardless, my question was meant make light of the idea of animated pixels deserving to be with other animated pixels.  It's not like Smash Bros. is a sweet high school girl dating the guy who smokes pot under the overpass.

I really don't see why it matters if he is in or not. Don't like him, don't play with him. Sure, it would have been nice to see some more "Nintendo-oriented" characters get announced, but I think a lot of people wanted to see Cloud in Smash and are now pretty satisfied. Also, they will probably announce more characters in December. I am just happy that more excellent music options will be available to battle to. 

Hi