By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fallout 4 Performance Analysis Shows Xbox One Outperforms PS4 ( NXG )

This 'comparison' cherry picks rare instances where the xb1 slightly outperformes the ps4 and is only taken from the first hour of the game. The DF comparison as well as others use the entire game for their comparisons and show that the ps4 is better on average. And nxgamer has used highly contrived comparisons in the past so this is no different.

Around the Network

This is a game that received all its promotional material for XB1. I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda was asked to flub the PS4's optimization.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

NXG how can you forsake Sony?! This is an outrage! (shakes angry fist.)

Actually, doesn't seem like enough difference to get panties in a bundle about. I wonder if going to DirectX 12 is going to effect anything (shrug.)

Anyway, this is funny, but enjoy the game on your platform of choice.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Angelv577 said:
I heard this video is fior the first hour of gameplay, dont know how true that is

It's not.

Vasto said:

Here is Giant Bomb playing the PS4 Version and at 47:25 it hits 0 FPS. One guy ask does that happen alot and the other guy responds that it does it here and  there.

View on YouTube

I actually listen to the Giant Bombcast and according Jeff Gerstman the game performs really bad on PS4.

I'm not sure what to believe because I'm playing it on X1 and it seems to run fine thus far, but I'm using an external drive.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Its a big ass game people. Its not going to be 100% consistent everywhere, of course there will be areas where a certain version plays out differently then the other.

Its already common knowledge that PS4 is the more powerful console, so this appears to be yet another case of Bethesda favouring one format over the other again, much like last gen.

Screw n4g. Im sorry but theyre just terrible

Yay!!!

So, here's my conclusions I'm drawing. There are two sources that "contradict" each other. One says that the ps4 performs better, and the other talks for 6 minutes about how the xbox one performs better, despite showing an average framerate of .1 less, and less than 5 seconds where the ps4 performs worse. I feel like the conclusion he drew was a conclusion that makes no sense. I also never saw the 19 fps dip that he mention.

elektranine said:
This 'comparison' cherry picks rare instances where the xb1 slightly outperformes the ps4 and is only taken from the first hour of the game. The DF comparison as well as others use the entire game for their comparisons and show that the ps4 is better on average. And nxgamer has used highly contrived comparisons in the past so this is no different.

I know. I found it interesting that he fast forwarded through the parts where the ps4 outperformed the xbox one, and didn't bother to mention it.