By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fallout 4 Performance Analysis Shows Xbox One Outperforms PS4 ( NXG )

I trust digital foundry more, they meassure each frame go watch their video showing how they do their work, NXgamer is only good at analyzing the graphics themselfs. Both versions perform terrible for a game that looks like a last gen game. Metal gear solid 5 for example has better graphics and it runs @60 fps on everything, i dont get why people are using fallout4 for some kinda console war debate if both of them are poor optimized for this game

Around the Network

Fallout 4 already has mediocre graphics anyway. Bethesda seems like a really incompetent developer. It's like everything they make is glitchy and buggy as hell.

Ruler said:

I trust digital foundry more, they meassure each frame go watch their video showing how they do their work, NXgamer is only good at analyzing the graphics themselfs. Both versions perform terrible for a game that looks like a last gen game. Metal gear solid 5 for example has better graphics and it runs @60 fps on everything, i dont get why people have to make into some console war debate if both of them are poor optimized.

You don't have to trust what he says but the video itself is there.

walsufnir said:
So we have one thread that escalated because of 0fps on Xbone, resulting in over 10 pages and 2 threads which

a) show that it is a game bug and not related to the Xbone hardware (caching doesn't work for Bone, code by Bethesda)
b) PS4 version is just as bad, if not worse, but no one can tell currently

and both of these threads grow slowly.

Could be worse, could be 8000 threads talking simultaneously about The Last of Us.

mornelithe said:
walsufnir said:
So we have one thread that escalated because of 0fps on Xbone, resulting in over 10 pages and 2 threads which

a) show that it is a game bug and not related to the Xbone hardware (caching doesn't work for Bone, code by Bethesda)

Could be worse, could be 8000 threads talking simultaneously about The Last of Us.

How would that be worse and related?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
mornelithe said:
walsufnir said:

You were talking about multiple threads discussing the same thing, happened with TLOU but a far larger volume of dupe threads.  Same thing, only worse.  Seems pretty relevant.  No big deal, but it's happened before is all.

mornelithe said:
walsufnir said:
mornelithe said:

You were talking about multiple threads discussing the same thing, happened with TLOU but a far larger volume of dupe threads.  Same thing, only worse.  Seems pretty relevant.

Thing is, it is not exactly the same thing when you consider what the source of the threads is.

I only think it's funny that if one console comes out way worse, we have a high post count thread, if there are contradicting threads, nobody cares

walsufnir said:

I think you must have missed the first thread titled "Fallout 4 looking to be another Skyrim on PS platforms" (it was posted before the Digital Foundry analysis) which got some 120-130 replies.

Teeqoz said:
walsufnir said:

I think you must have missed the first thread titled "Fallout 4 looking to be another Skyrim on PS platforms" (it was posted before the Digital Foundry analysis) which got some 120-130 replies.

Yep, missed.

Tachikoma said:
Azuren said:
The only problem I've had in my PS4 version is occasionally, the subtitles forget what they're doing.

When defending the settlers in the first town, and talking to the NPC's hold up in the top of the museum? yeah, scripting bug.

As for the OP, both games run at perfectly playable speeds, both games struggle here and there, "x outperforms y" is going to be a case by case situation and depend, largely, on if you're playing it off of hdd or disk, and where on the HDD the data is, how fragmented the drive is, the speed of the drive, the firmware version and so on, details completely left out by both this analysis and digital foundries.

celador said:
^^ Hits 0fps on X1 too

I find it depressing that in over an hour of footage people are focusing on a single seconds freeze in the entire hour+ of recorded footage, same goes for the xbox one version, and frankly, saying it "drops to 0 frames a second" is wrong, it isn't dropping to 0fps, it's freezing while the system streams in the rest of the data, and continues exactly from where it left off, no frames go unrendered so saying it has dropped or lost frames is completely wrong.

What is clear to me is that all the sites making a huge deal out of this are playing up these minor issues to generate hits and fanboys are lapping that shit up.

Once in a while people need to stop defending/attacking consoles and actually go and play some games.

^^^^^^ This one, I like this one