By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

Baryonyx said:

I just told you that the corporations doesn't pay taxes, so how is americans better off? If these corporations doesn't pay taxes, the money will never come back into circulation..  You just said Americans should support it's country to become more poor... wtf? 

Many Americans buy into trickle down or Reagan or voodoo economics, a princle that has been proven a fallacy and trod out year-after-year by Republicans. It does not and has never worked, but the "job creator" myth is what has led to and bolsters the economic disparity in the USA. 

To deconstruct his statement, Americans pay American companies for goods that they choose to manufacture abroad (instead of hiring Americans and giving Americans an income). American companies pay for Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian, etc. parts and labor to produce "American products." These American companies make their income by convincing Americans to use theirs to buy their products. They then use whatever tax sheltering, residencies, deductions, exemptions, loopholes, etc. to pay lower taxes, dollar-for-dollar, on their incomes than Americans do. While the average American has to pay their income at the rate demanded by those who control the manufacturing, the American producers lobby and create the laws. What this means is that Americans usually have to spend more than their income to meet the American standard of living, dictated by the marketing of American companies, and American companies end up with massive income that far outstrips their costs. So, while Americans have overextended their incomes, partially due to American tax codes, American companies have trillions in surplus dollars. Unlike American citizens, these companies have no need or reason to spend it, as it goes untaxed and unused. This is why wealth inequality is killing America and this is why corporations should pay higher tax rates than the average American citizen.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
jlmurph2 said:
Well, so much for Amazon's perfect record. But like I said in that thread, people weren't looking at all the factors for XB1 to win.

Most people saw in being so close it could go either way but gave the edge to PS4, I did and see a few others also. There were also a few saying that PS4 had it in the bag which was just stupid to claim in the first place.

One annoying guy kept coming in the thread every day or so just to say stuff like "uncharted's still ahead...Looks like PS4's taking the month...People might wanna start preparing." etc

To look at some of the posts in there is pretty entertaining.

These are horrible numbers all around.

At least I won my bet! Won't bet on Halo again....

jlmurph2 said:
Well, so much for Amazon's perfect record. But like I said in that thread, people weren't looking at all the factors for XB1 to win.

Not me, this is the Chief we are talking about. He ain't called Master for nothing.

Now onto the real fun stuff!

Bo3 bundle and sw bundle+ black friday.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
tiffac said:
So X1 at 305k and PS4 around 250k? How much is the PS4 lead in the US again?

Still didn't gave up on that bet?

Some times a man has to stand up for something.

My wallet is screaming profatiny at me as we speak. T^T

BraLoD said:
tiffac said:

Some times a man has to stand up for something.

My wallet is screaming profatiny at me as we speak. T^T

I can imagine that, and this month (November) seems heading to slaughtering your wallet even more xS

There is still 2 more months. Anything is possible. T^T

XB1 and PS4 didn't do as well as I expected... The Star Wars LE and Black Ops 3 LE bundles must have slowed down sales for PS4 in Oct.

Nov. should be a massive month for PS4, as well as XB1.

Shadow1980 said:
jlmurph2 said:

It is worth pointing out that the Halo 5 bundle did rank #24 for September. That means there were a lot of preorders that carried over to October. When preorders for bundles are involved the ranks for just the month those bundles release doesn't mean much. Here's what Amazon gives us:

PS4 NDC bundle: #19
XBO Halo 5 bundle: #25 (plus #24 in Sept.)
PS4 TLOUR: #49
PS4 Destiny TTK bundle: #59
XBO Gears bundle: #77

There was only six spots between the NDC bundle and Halo 5 bundle. That's close enough to where the #24 placement from September for the H5 bundle could, when combined with October H5 bundle sales and sales of the Gears bundle, surpass combined NDC, TLOU, and Destiny bundle sales.

It was August. And yes, I know that. I brought it up plenty of times in the thread.

You had it at a close PS4 win but that doesn't really matter.

jlmurph2 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
jlmurph2 said:

Most people saw in being so close it could go either way but gave the edge to PS4, I did and see a few others also. There were also a few saying that PS4 had it in the bag which was just stupid to claim in the first place.

One annoying guy kept coming in the thread every day or so just to say stuff like "uncharted's still ahead...Looks like PS4's taking the month...People might wanna start preparing." etc

To look at some of the posts in there is pretty entertaining.

I think I see that guy. People like this aren't worth having a go at the PS crowd over and vice versa.