By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 crushed Tomb Raider at my Best Buy

On GAF, one guy said they sold 100 Fallout (50/50 PS4/Xbox) for 2 TR. Another asked the ratio when he bought TR and he was told 1/40 TR/Fallout.

Funny how everyone seems to get more or less the same ratio ^^.

Around the Network

On social media it's 10 (Fallout 4): 1 (anything with Tomb Raider)....

Tomb Raider is goint to flop by Squares Enix standards.

Protendo said:

so.... 3m copies have been sold? xD

Faust said:
Protendo said:

so.... 3m copies have been sold? xD

I forgot to mention that I only included Xbox in the lists, what's 10% of the Xbox Fallout 4 sales?

*Kidding*

That being said all the top Tomb Raider tweets also had Fallout 4 in the tweet as they were just announcing what releases this week or day.

I would have chosen TR over FO4 if it came to ps4, tho not on launch day.

Around the Network
Protendo said:

Fallout 4 is also going to flop by Square Enix standards

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Pretty much what I saw at my Gamestop, yesterday. They keep preordered games on a counter behind them. There were stacks of Fallout. I'd estimate 100 copies. The stack for Tomb Raider only had like five copies. I was devastated!

StarOcean said:
Chazore said:
StarOcean said:
TR came out already?

Were you in the vaults or something =P?, it came out the same day as Legacy of the Void and Fallout 4. 3 AAA games in one day.

I don't tend to play many western games as I'm primarily a handheld gamer v.v XD but I knew about Fallout 4 releasing, had no clue TR released the same day. What an awful day to release for them :S I didn't see many ads or anything for TR like I did FO4

That's the unfathomable thing. Xb one has TR exclusively for this holidays but puts little marketing effort into it by MS marketing standards. Did they think SE was going to do all the marketing for it? Conversely FO4 is multiplat with an exclusive markieting deal and the marketing for the game has been big. Huge billboards all around the place for FO4 here, but nada for TR.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I don't know what they are thinking to buy a Bethesda game day one. People should let it ripe at least two months, perhaps then saves will be safe, hundreds of bugs ironed out and performance will be acceptable.

This was totally expected and they should've released by the end of October. I know for sure it would've done better. I guess we have to wait and see how many games have been sold until the fallout of this situation.