By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 crushed Tomb Raider at my Best Buy

walsufnir said:
Areym said:
walsufnir said:
I don't know what they are thinking to buy a Bethesda game day one. People should let it ripe at least two months, perhaps then saves will be safe, hundreds of bugs ironed out and performance will be acceptable.

Bethesda games do tend to be buggy, no arguing there, but you can't really slam F4 until you have actually played it. This is the first Bethesda I get for consoles and after 2 hours (and another 2 hours of my brother playing) we have not encountered big bugs or glitches. It's still really early but it's working really well. The frames can drop here and there but nothing that is too jarring.

I don't want to slam it, it is just what I always did with their games after playing Daggerfall: Wait a decent amount of time before playing the games.

Fair enough, I shouldn't have used the word slam. That probably is for the best, to wait it out. Hell, might be even better to wait for the inevitable "Game of the year edition" with all the perks (no pun intended) and whistles added to it. I personally got the pip boy edition so I wanted it ASAP but the game is holding up, at least on the technical side of things.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Crushed? So Lara has become a flatty? Just the twist the franchise needed

My Tesco store haven't sold much Tomb raider either, the fallout section was busy with kids screaming

so what i got out of this is due to the 50:1 ratio that fallout sold 50million units launch week. amazing!!!

walsufnir said:
mornelithe said:

It's performing fine on my PC, I've saved and loaded multiple times, and I've yet to run into a bug :P

You are back from the future! Tell us! Do they have auto-tieing shoes? Do they have 3d sharks for cinema advertisements? And especially: do they have hoverboards?!

Nah, auto-tieing shoes are for the kinds of lazy morons who need battery operated battery installers.  Btw, you're absolutely correct about Bethesda's track record, which is why I purchased on PC, no way I'd play one of their games week 1 on console.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
so what i got out of this is due to the 50:1 ratio that fallout sold 50million units launch week. amazing!!!

Are you sure TR will sell 1M FW though? ;) 

Shikamo said:
I have a game store and both came to me yesterday ( 09 November) and incredible as it may seem I sold 07 rise of the tomb raider units (05 xbox one and 02 Xbox 360 ) and 22 units of fallout 4 (19 Ps4 units and 03 units of Xbox One ) but 50 fallout 4 x 01 tomb raider is a very high difference kk , my game store is located in Sao Jose dos Campos - São Paulo in Brazil. ^-^

When I am in town, I will check your store out! :)

Cloudman said:
Hum, I figured Tomb Raider would do better. Is she not as big as she used to be? Good job tho Fallout.

Check out the sales of the Reboot on Xbox One and PS4.  The PS4 destroyed the Xbox One in terms of Tomb Raider Sales.   So, it just happens to be Square's poor luck that they decided to partner with a console that would absolutely asure they lost the majority of their sales.  Apparently, this deal was made before the consoles launched so too bad so sad.... However, the game will launch on PC and PS4.  So, all the folks who would have bought TR will eventually get the chance. 

CosmicSex said:
Cloudman said:
Hum, I figured Tomb Raider would do better. Is she not as big as she used to be? Good job tho Fallout.

Check out the sales of the Reboot on Xbox One and PS4.  The PS4 destroyed the Xbox One in terms of Tomb Raider Sales.   So, it just happens to be Square's poor luck that they decided to partner with a console that would absolutely asure they lost the majority of their sales.  Apparently, this deal was made before the consoles launched so too bad so sad.... However, the game will launch on PC and PS4.  So, all the folks who would have bought TR will eventually get the chance. 

Tomb Raider wasn't introduced as an exclusive. In fact, the pre-orders were mutliplat. The deal happened sometime between E3 and Gamescom. Meaning, MS paid out the wazoo to lock down this particular game, so I'm sure S/E has been hansomely compensated. Kinda troubling that S/E thought this newly minted reboot was expendable enough for an easy cash injection though.

Ruler said:

I feel sorry for Tombraider and chrystal dynamics, i hope ps4 gamers will remember the game and pick it up next year at least

I know that if they want to force me to wait a year for a ps4 version, i have no problem waiting a year and 2 weeks to buy it used.