By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 crushed Tomb Raider at my Best Buy

Cloudman said:
mornelithe said:
Cloudman said:
twintail said:

These days Fallout is bigger.

As another poster said, PS4 sales of the reboot are better than X1 sales. Likewise, PS3 sales of the reboot are better than 360.

Also can't forget that the game has already been announced for PC and PS4 next year, so whatever exclusitivity advantage MS was going to get with the release has been lost somewhat.

I am sure the game will do well but I am sure few ppl expected TR to be the bigger game when it compared straight with Fallout. 

Yeah, it seems like Fallout is big now, while Lara isn't like she was in her haydays.

Was it announced for PS4 and PC? I don't remember hearing that announcement being made already...

Oh yeah, it was announced shortly after everyone saw through the initial XB1 announcement.  Where Microsoft/S-E wouldn't be definitive about exclusivity (Which automatically means timed exclusive).  PC comes out in January I think, and PS4 6 months after that.

Yeah, I remember them saying somewhere along the lines it is only timed, but I didn't hear about them being announced for PS4 and PC. I guess I must have missed that announcement...

It's not january btw, I was way off, PC comes out 6 months after XB1 launch, and PS4 6 months after that.

Around the Network
melbye said:
mornelithe said:

Oh yeah, it was announced shortly after everyone saw through the initial XB1 announcement.  Where Microsoft/S-E wouldn't be definitive about exclusivity (Which automatically means timed exclusive).  PC comes out in January I think, and PS4 6 months after that.

What happened was that the same day the xbox-exclusivity was announced Phil Spencer made a comment that the deal had a duration, but there was no real confirmation that it would come to other plattforms until July of this year. Early 2016 on PC, Holiday 2016 for PS4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/23/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-gets-ps4-and-pc-release-dates

Yeah I know, I was confused about the timeframe.  It's really any companies MO at this point for whether it's truly exclusive or not.  If it's exclusive, they'll up front say it, and deny any other platform at all.  If not, they 'won't comment on' other platforms.

CosmicSex said:
tinfamous12 said:
I work at Gamestop, and we haven't had any trouble selling tomb raider, in fact we got 60 copies in and sold through 45 of them at midnight release.

And how would you compare that to Fallout 4?

Fallout 4 sold 6,000 copies.

tinfamous12 said:
I work at Gamestop, and we haven't had any trouble selling tomb raider, in fact we got 60 copies in and sold through 45 of them at midnight release.

Wow, this goes against every single other anecdotal case I've heard so far. I guess you must live in a unique Tomb Raider kind of town.

d21lewis said:
I am so out of touch. Had absolutely no idea how many people liked Fallout. My mind is blown.

I am not surprised that many like it but I am surprised how big the launch is for this game. Accross my shop is a game store and I open around the same time. I only saw two times a huge line in front of the game store and that was for COD (even when that one had also a midnight release) and Fallout 4. My local media even wrote an article how they are so surprised to see huge sales for a game that is technically more aimed for the hardcore gamers considering is not a game that you just can play for 30 minutes like other popular games mostly are. also funny fact people can report daily what sentence they hate to hear and yesterday it was 'sorry darling just one more quest'.

Around the Network

obviously exclusive (even if it's timely exclusive ) will never beat multyplatform, and also very people own xbox one. So that's that.