By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 crushed Tomb Raider at my Best Buy

binary solo said:

Seems like Sony is less interested in alienating the PC platform than MS, and PC is MS's platform, in effect. Sony seems to be pretty happy to live and let live with PC as they probably don't see PC as a direct competitor.

And I'm not aware of Sony ever alienating Xbox with a game that is more popular on Xbox. The only real exampe of platform alienation aside from RoTR is Bayonetta 2, and unlike RoTR, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist without Nintendo helping to pay for it. I think Sony has pretty much got past the point where they feel the need to steal games that are popular on other platforms out from under the fanbase of those platforms. You might have been able to accuse Sony of doing that with Bloodborne, but really all that did was perhaps delay the development of Dark Souls 3, which has now been announced and fans on all platforms can be happy about that. And the Souls series was always more popular on PS anyway, so even if you could have drawn some tenous link between Bloodborne and RoTR, they are still not on the same level. So I really doubt you are likely to get your wish fulfilled in a manner that is more or less the same as RoTR's exclusivity deal.

Really?, I can't say I have the memory to rememebr the vast amount of titles SOny has made for PC compared to the ones MS has. This gen MS has decided that since it's losing that they want to do good by PC and throw more games towards that platform, meanwhile Sony decided to sell off SOE and of course exit the hardware space when they gave up VAIO, of course people will mention crossplay but at this point in the game we should have crossplay by default but also options to play against people on our own platforms servers, crossplay doesn't mean giving games though.

I just don't see Sony paying a lot more attention to PC gamers than MS is, sorry.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Ruler said:

I feel sorry for Tombraider and chrystal dynamics, i hope ps4 gamers will remember the game and pick it up next year at least

I'm certainly not going petty and let a 1 year exclusivity deal ruin my enjoyment of the game when it does finally come to PS4. I will have played Uncharted 4 as much as I want to, and maybe even have earned ther Platinum, well before RtoTR comes out. So the timing of the RoTR release on PS4 will be just about right. I have MGSV sitting by my PS4 yet to be played, and I have the Witcher 3 on my must get list. And I have Dragon Age Inquisition DLC to play. I can't see myself sitting in my lounge thinking I have nothing to play until at least October next year. 

Oh and there are a slew of smaller games I have from PSN+ just waiting for me to find a AAA lul to get played. Thinking about it I have far too many games waiting for me to play right now. Chances are if RoTR came out on PS4 now I probably wouldn't get it until some time next year anyway. I would certianly prioritise buying The Witcher 3 ahead of RoTR and I'm not sure when I'm going to buy that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Chazore said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Should've been released multi-platform.

Coming from Xbox One owner, i'm disappointed.

It would have been interesting to see how well Uncharted 4 would have done against Fallout 4. I personally think Uncharted would have done well, but would have been a distant second.
I just picked up ROTR myself. I personally would have bought Uncharted, and ROTR before Fallout. But I can wait until spring then I'll have Uncharted, and Quantum break.

shenlong213 said:
Fallout 4 on PC/PS4/Xbone

New Tomb Raider time exclusive on Xbone

I'm not surprised at all

It's also on the Xbox 360 today.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:

Should've been released multi-platform.

Coming from Xbox One owner, i'm disappointed.

Now that I know Helldivers is coming out this Dec I'm starting to wish it had been released at the same time too.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Expected, really. Even if it released on PS4/PC day 1 it would still loose against Fallout 4.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Chazore said:
binary solo said:

Seems like Sony is less interested in alienating the PC platform than MS, and PC is MS's platform, in effect. Sony seems to be pretty happy to live and let live with PC as they probably don't see PC as a direct competitor.

And I'm not aware of Sony ever alienating Xbox with a game that is more popular on Xbox. The only real exampe of platform alienation aside from RoTR is Bayonetta 2, and unlike RoTR, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist without Nintendo helping to pay for it. I think Sony has pretty much got past the point where they feel the need to steal games that are popular on other platforms out from under the fanbase of those platforms. You might have been able to accuse Sony of doing that with Bloodborne, but really all that did was perhaps delay the development of Dark Souls 3, which has now been announced and fans on all platforms can be happy about that. And the Souls series was always more popular on PS anyway, so even if you could have drawn some tenous link between Bloodborne and RoTR, they are still not on the same level. So I really doubt you are likely to get your wish fulfilled in a manner that is more or less the same as RoTR's exclusivity deal.

Really?, I can't say I have the memory to rememebr the vast amount of titles SOny has made for PC compared to the ones MS has. This gen MS has decided that since it's losing that they want to do good by PC and throw more games towards that platform, meanwhile Sony decided to sell off SOE and of course exit the hardware space when they gave up VAIO, of course people will mention crossplay but at this point in the game we should have crossplay by default but also options to play against people on our own platforms servers, crossplay doesn't mean giving games though.

I just don't see Sony paying a lot more attention to PC gamers than MS is, sorry.

Aren't we talking about 3rd party? Why bring Sony and MS first party games into it?

Alienating and paying attention to are different things. Alienating is taking deliberate steps to keep things away from somone, paying attention to is taking deliberate steps to provide for someone. I never said Sony paid attention to PC, I just said that it seems like MS is willing to alienate PC moreso than Sony. And of course the more you originally provide to PC the more opportunity you have to alienate. RoTR vs SFV are the current cases in point. SFV day and date release on PC and PS4, despite Sony investing significantly in the game. RoTR delayed for PC by some months. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Insidb said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I'm cracking up; you should post this more often.

I will!

binary solo said:

Aren't we talking about 3rd party? Why bring Sony and MS first party games into it?

Alienating and paying attention to are different things. Alienating is taking deliberate steps to keep things away from somone, paying attention to is taking deliberate steps to provide for someone. I never said Sony paid attention to PC, I just said that it seems like MS is willing to alienate PC moreso than Sony. And of course the more you originally provide to PC the more opportunity you have to alienate. RoTR vs SFV are the current cases in point. SFV day and date release on PC and PS4, despite Sony investing significantly in the game. RoTR delayed for PC by some months. 

MS have neglected PC gamers when it comes to 3rd parties far more than Sony?, I don't remember that happening either. SFV and TR seem to be the only current cases in that respect.

End of the day MS is going back to PC regardless while Sony is moving away from it.