By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scarlett Johansson May Star in a Gamergate Movie

Deadline reports former Sony executive Amy Pascal has won a bidding war for Zoe Quinn’s memoir Crash Override: How to Save the Internet from Itself, a book that will be published in September of 2016 after a proposal called Control Alt Delete was picked up by Simon & Schuster for publication. If you want to know what Quinn’s book is about, here’s the description from her proposal:

“Gaming and internet message boards used to be niche interests, mostly for young men. In the past few years, however, they’ve gone mainstream. Millions of people — including women and other marginalized people — have taken an interest in the platforms, image boards, and discussion forums that once belonged by default to a much smaller population. Most gamers give zero fu*ks about this. Like the rest of us, they’re just here to play games. But a vocal minority are clinging onto the brand of Cheetos-and-Mountain-Dew exclusionary identity ‘hardcore gamer,’ muttering ‘fu*kin casuals’ under their breath.”

The project is clearly in the early stages of development, but it already has the interest of several big name actresses such as Scarlett Johansson, and since Pascal Pictures is based at Sony Pictures, they’ll get a first look at the project before it can be shopped around anywhere else.

http://www.slashfilm.com/scarlett-johansson-may-lead-a-gamergate-movie/

What do you think? Will it get made. Will it be good. Will it be a fair portayal of both sides. Will internet trolls go after the parties involved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Oh my god, is this really true?Does this nightmare never ends?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wth is even the movie going to be? zoe sleeping with dudes then crying while she reads twitter? Definitely wont be a fair portrayal of both sides,

will she show her boobs in it?

There is no way gamers won't end being demonized as violent, misogynistic, racist and homophobic assholes, cause that is what happens when people who don't understand gaming starts talking about gaming

Around the Network

Wait, Sony is making the movie? Why? Why would they risk angering most of the gaming community by relating themselves with someone who has attacked several times that community, specially when considering Sony owns PlayStation, one of the biggest brands in all gaming?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Since that other topic was locked, I'd liked to point out that it seems like the media is squashing any article from the gamers' side.

Darwinianevolution said:
Wait, Sony is making the movie? Why? Why would they risk angering most of the gaming community by relating themselves with someone who has attacked several times that community, specially when considering Sony owns PlayStation, one of the biggest brands in all gaming?

With sony involved I don't think we have to worry that the false site of this gamergate is getting the spotlight.

Oh yea, that's totally going to portray both sides with the same reverence. Especially from lefty Hollywood. And especially since it's written from the perspective of the "victim." /s

Sony, you've done great with gamers with the PS4. I suggest you back away from this project quickly, otherwise you'll piss a lot of gamers off. Gamers, and movie fans, who bring you a lot more money then those lefties in Hollywood you're attempting to impress.

Signalstar said:

What do you think? Will it get made. Will it be good. Will it be a fair portayal of both sides. Will internet trolls go after the parties involved

Well, talk about a movie that I don't want to watch. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for men stopping to harass women on the internet. But this is really not an interesting subject for a movie.

Maybe if It broaden to any kind of bullying on the internet. But let's be honest, this story is not that tragic