By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scarlett Johansson May Star in a Gamergate Movie

It is just sad that the minority of morons allowed Zoe to turn herself into the victim instead of the guilty party. She has managed to escape any repercussions for the corrupt journalism she was involved with and if anything has turned the whole thing into a success for herself. I am sure any book or movie will be completely one sided as well.

Around the Network

No, she won't.

Anyone who thinks this movie is seriously going to get made, let alone that ScarJo is interested, is craycray.

1) Sees that she describes women as a "marginalized people".

2) Disregards everything else she says.

Soundwave said:
Oh noes, they may anger the nerds and neckbeards living in their mom's basement. Won't someone think of them.

What's with SJWs always using this attack? Do they really think it's a good trolling tactic or they just cannot come up with proper arguments?

What the hell is gamer gate anyway? I thought it was about how some indie dev slept with a magazine guy and a bunch of dorks got pissy.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
What the hell is gamer gate anyway? I thought it was about how some indie dev slept with a magazine guy and a bunch of dorks got pissy.

A bunch of dorks got pissy and started screaming that gamers are misogynists.

Jumpin said:

Yeah I'm not sure what it is either. Something about sexism and the gaming community which is a concern. But I don't know why it elicits such a response from those who dislike Zo and Anita or vice versa. The whole thing seems like a TV drama that some people are invested in but it keeps getting reported for some reason.

If this isn't what gamer gate is then anyone reading this is free to correct me.

“Gaming and internet message boards used to be niche interests, mostly for young men. In the past few years, however, they’ve gone mainstream. Millions of people — including women and other marginalized people — have taken an interest in the platforms, image boards, and discussion forums that once belonged by default to a much smaller population."

There is so much wrong with this quote that I don't even know where to begin. It sounds like she has no clue about the history of gaming and videogame culture and like her pal Anita Sarkeesian she is only trying to cash in on its ever growing popularity (and $$$). Videogames have been mainstream entertainment and part of the fabric of modern society since the late 70s with the popularity of the Atari 2600 and video arcades, which by the way catered to people of ALL ages, genders, colors, etc, not just young (white) males. And since when is 51% of the population considered to be "marginalized"?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

t3mporary_126 said:
Jumpin said:

Yeah I'm not sure what it is either. Something about sexism and the gaming community which is a concern. But I don't know why it elicits such a response from those who dislike Zo and Anita or vice versa. The whole thing seems like a TV drama that some people are invested in but it keeps getting reported for some reason.

If this isn't what gamer gate is then anyone reading this is free to correct me.

basically it is about corrupt gaming journalism where reviews are paid for in money or favours and in the case of Zoe supposedly in sexual favours. The sexism part came in the heated attacks between Zoe and the gamers accusing her, basically they went way way overboard in the attacks allowing Zoe to paint herself as a victim and over time the whole corruption part has taken a backseat to her campaign about sexism and her being victimised.

nanarchy said:
It is just sad that the minority of morons allowed Zoe to turn herself into the victim instead of the guilty party. She has managed to escape any repercussions for the corrupt journalism she was involved with and if anything has turned the whole thing into a success for herself. I am sure any book or movie will be completely one sided as well.

Yeah, but depending on how the judicial review of her Gag order against Gjoni (Courts suspect she lied during the process, and violated State law) it could turn into a pretty substantial defamation case.