By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Im going full digital Next Year

DakonBlackblade said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I specifically said if he can't fit all the games on his console then he would lose them after the online isn't supported.

Are you paranoid or something ? Online wont stop being suported, if it does that means Sony, Nintendo or MS broke, and them the least of your concerns will be that you wont be able to play old games anymore. Theres something called a library you can acess at anytime online and redownload games, keeping them al downloaded and installed forever is paranoid to the extreme, not to mention dumb as fuck as nobody replays everygame, in fact very few ppl replay the games they think are the best maybe once or twice and never even look again for the vast majority of games they beat.

The only real downside of full digital is that you cant colect games anymore and a lot of gamers are colectors of games as well, for these players full digital will never be an option, however everybody better get used to the idea cause full digital model is comming, MS screwed up with how they sold the idea but I dont see the next gen having physical media anymore. PC players have been using steam for ages and it works perfectly well (and no one downloads every game they buy and keep installed on theyre PCs forever cause thats just insane).

If you think the 360/PS3 or the X1/PS4 online is gonna be supported forever then I don't even know what to say to you.

Around the Network

I would NEVER go digital... I went full digital on my vita since it's a dying platform. But on consoles? no way. 3ds? nope.   

think about what you're missing.

limited editions
collector's editions
share a game with a friend
sexy box arts
trade for store credit
sell them back for cash
you might actually meet your favorite game developer, and you'll want them to sign your game.

boom! believe it!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
spemanig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Are you calling me lier??

I'm calling you misinformed.

let me hit you with some informs.

read this: https://i.imgur.com/KY3qHPp.png

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
spemanig said:

I'm calling you misinformed.

let me hit you with some informs.

read this: https://i.imgur.com/KY3qHPp.png

Couldn't that story been avoided if the customer didn't save their credit card information with Sony's online store? Not that it's the customers fault for doing so.

Around the Network

The major play with me and digital, other than availability, is price. Disregarding that the majority of the games I buy are download-only (though not the majority of the dough I spend), if the price of the digital game is significantly enough cheaper, than digital it is.

Which console it is also plays a part, as I rather have a physical copy of a Nintendo game than Sony (and I don't give a flying weasel about owning a physical PC game).

Lastly, the type of game. If it's a game I play in bursts over a large number of days, than having the digital version is somewhat tempting, especially for a handheld.

Wait wait wait!!

Wait until all those companies have an equivalent refund system to Steam and Origin.

I'm mostly digital myself but I've been burned by both Nintendo and Sony with digital download issues. They have a ridiculously staunch 'no refunds' policy.

All digital on PC here, welcome to the master race that will never die and simply add to the everlasting archives.

Although I'm half and half when it comes to 3DS but would be all digital if all the games I wanted were on eshop.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I much prefer owning the physical copy and haveing it sitting on a shelf.... that is just never going to change.

The way I see it, game franchises I love, I get physical.

Avg or meh type games, digital is fine, wont care if I lose them and cant play them again say 10years down the line.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

If you think the 360/PS3 or the X1/PS4 online is gonna be supported forever then I don't even know what to say to you.

O man youre funy, how long has the PS3 and the X360 been around ? Online is still suported for both those consoles, if it does stop being suported in a couple years it realy shouldnt matter cause ppl almost never play old ass games, even the realy great ones, they like to colect those wich I admit is the only downside of full digital.  PC has been full digital for ages now and no one cares if they have enought room to keep every game downloaded forever cause thats just dumb and paranoid.