By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Im going full digital Next Year

So i have decided to go full digital nexr year. The only thing that was stopping me from doing so is that i have a wii u and theres no push for me to go digital due to things like when i get a physical game i could just play it and that prices fro nintendo games dont go down for years so i would have to buy soem used games and get some deals to get wii u games for a cheaper price. But since im picking up the Xbox One this Year and the PS4 next year i decided to go digital because since games will need to download anyways i thought there is really no point to go to a store and downlaod the game when i could just get the game of the digital store and have the game atatched to my account. I just bought a 250gb hard drive for the wii u and will be gettign a 1tb or more harddrive for the xbox oen and ps4 when i pick them up. Have any of you guys gone digital before and if so is there a way to speed up downloads on current gen.

Around the Network

never go full digital..

if you get hacked, used a piss poor password, or got yourself banned for whatever reason on that service.. boom, there goes your digital games.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'm all digital. Not much can be done about download times, though you can preload, download while you sleep, and download while you're away so that it's finished when you come home. Download times are honestly just something you get used to once you step back and realize that the download time takes up an insignificant fraction of your total playtime with the console.

deskpro2k3 said:

never go full digital..

if you get hacked, used a piss poor password, or got yourself banned for whatever reason on that service.. boom, there goes your digital games.

Not true at all.

spemanig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

never go full digital..

Not true at all.

Are you calling me lier??

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Ehh, I'll enjoy physical games while they last. Having lots of boxes feels much more fulfilling to me.

bet: lost

Hope you plan to upgrade your HDDs on your PS4 and X1 to 4tb+ if you buy a lot of games.  If you can't fit them all then the ones not on your HDD are gone forever when the online isn't supported anymore, or if your console breaks after the online isn't supported then there goes your whole library of games.

deskpro2k3 said:

Are you calling me lier??

I'm calling you misinformed.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Hope you plan to upgrade your HDDs on your PS4 and X1 to 4tb+ if you buy a lot of games.  If you can't fit them all then the ones not on your HDD are gone forever when the online isn't supported anymore, or if your console breaks after the online isn't supported then there goes your whole library of games.

Yeah. I'm sure he's going to be buying literally every game that releases in order to need that much space. 4TB+ is totally what's needed for going digital only. /s

spemanig said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Yeah. I'm sure he's going to be buying literally every game that releases in order to need that much space. 4TB+ is totally what's needed for going digital only. /s

Did you even read my post?