By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Im going full digital Next Year

I'm sorry but that is a very dumb thing to do but to each their own I guess.

Around the Network

Yeah. I went full digital...for demo's and free games. The smaller the game, the quicker the download. lol

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Did you even read my post?

I'm specifically addressing the bolded. I know what "a lot of games" means. But unless "a lot of games" to you means "literally everything that comes out," he is never going to need that much HDD space. If he buys 20 full retail games with 50GB of data, which isn't likely at all, but let's just pretend. That's a lot of games. That's only 1TB of data. In order for him to need 4TB, he'd have to buy 80 full retail games. But let's stop pretending, because in actuality, very few games need that much space, even with saves, DLC, and patches. That means more than 80 retail games. Buy hey, what about indies? Those are like MB sometimes. Super small on average. So let's go back to 80 games, and add like 100 indie games, because let's be frank here, those games take up absolutely no space at all.

80 ish retail games, on top of a 100 ish indie games. What normal person do you seriously think is buying that many games in one generation? How many people can even afford to buy all that? Let's be unrealistically generous and assume that those 80 games where all purchased for an average of $20 each. Let's go even further and assume that the 100 indies where bought for like $10 each. That's $2,600 worth of games if they were severely discounted.

Yes, I read your post. It's absolutely absurd. The most hardcore of gamer shouldn't need more than 2TB.

Ive been full digital for awhile now (since PS4 launch). Its 1000 times better than physical (and I was a guy who used to love physical media). If you have a decent conection its definetly the way to go, you buy your games from the confort of your house at midnight on the release day, if you rpe-ordered you actualy pre-load the game so when it releases its already downloaded for you and ready to play.

spemanig said:

Yes, I read your post. It's absolutely absurd. The most hardcore of gamer shouldn't need more than 2TB.

And thats considering you gona keep everything installed forever on your HD, I have a 500 GB PS4, am pretty facking hardcore and I never came close to use all 500GB. I currently have Metal Gear, Divinity Original Sin, Wastelands 2, Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Telltale Game of Thrones and Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward installed and theres like 300 GB free.  Why would I even need more than what is installed right now ? Tbh I have too much installed, mostly cause Im waiting for Bloodborne DLC, Witcher 3 second DLC and the last episode of Game of Thrones, them im most likely deletting these 3 games.

Ooh boy. You better hope Nintendo starts putting out nice sales for the Wii U, like for Pikmin 3.
Physical copies for some games on the Wii U are starting to soar past $60, so digital would actually net you some savings.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
spemanig said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Did you even read my post?

I'm specifically addressing the bolded. I know what "a lot of games" means. But unless "a lot of games" to you means "literally everything that comes out," he is never going to need that much HDD space. If he buys 20 full retail games with 50GB of data, which isn't likely at all, but let's just pretend. That's a lot of games. That's only 1TB of data. In order for him to need 4TB, he'd have to buy 80 full retail games. But let's stop pretending, because in actuality, very few games need that much space, even with saves, DLC, and patches. That means more than 80 retail games. Buy hey, what about indies? Those are like MB sometimes. Super small on average. So let's go back to 80 games, and add like 100 indie games, because let's be frank here, those games take up absolutely no space at all.

80 ish retail games, on top of a 100 ish indie games. What normal person do you seriously think is buying that many games in one generation? How many people can even afford to buy all that? Let's be unrealistically generous and assume that those 80 games where all purchased for an average of $20 each. Let's go even further and assume that the 100 indies where bought for like $10 each. That's $2,600 worth of games if they were severely discounted.

I never said normal people buy that many games, stop trying to put words in my mouth.  I said specifically if you buy a lot of games.  People that talk on forums are some of the most hardcore gamers and buy more games than the average.  I bought 100+ games for my 360 and 60-70 for my PS3 and that's only my physical games probably another 5-10 each if you include digital and my collection paled in comparison to other people on this site when we had the can your collection beat mine threads.  

Also the most hardcore of gamer shouldn't need more than 2TB?  LMAO that's absurd, hardcore gamers will fill 2TB quick.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Hope you plan to upgrade your HDDs on your PS4 and X1 to 4tb+ if you buy a lot of games.  If you can't fit them all then the ones not on your HDD are gone forever when the online isn't supported anymore, or if your console breaks after the online isn't supported then there goes your whole library of games.

For wii u on average i buy like 6 big games and liek 1 or 2 indies a year

DakonBlackblade said:

Ive been full digital for awhile now (since PS4 launch). Its 1000 times better than physical (and I was a guy who used to love physical media). If you have a decent conection its definetly the way to go, you buy your games from the confort of your house at midnight on the release day, if you rpe-ordered you actualy pre-load the game so when it releases its already downloaded for you and ready to play.

spemanig said:

And thats considering you gona keep everything installed forever on your HD, I have a 500 GB PS4, am pretty facking hardcore and I never came close to use all 500GB. I currently have Metal Gear, Divinity Original Sin, Wastelands 2, Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Telltale Game of Thrones and Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward installed and theres like 300 GB free.  Why would I even need more than what is installed right now ? Tbh I have too much installed, mostly cause Im waiting for Bloodborne DLC, Witcher 3 second DLC and the last episode of Game of Thrones, them im most likely deletting these 3 games.

I specifically said if he can't fit all the games on his console then he would lose them after the online isn't supported.

jason1637 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Hope you plan to upgrade your HDDs on your PS4 and X1 to 4tb+ if you buy a lot of games.  If you can't fit them all then the ones not on your HDD are gone forever when the online isn't supported anymore, or if your console breaks after the online isn't supported then there goes your whole library of games.

For wii u on average i buy like 6 big games and liek 1 or 2 indies a year

I buy about the same, minus the indies, on my Wii U but I ended up with 100+ 360 and 60+ PS3 games.  There's a lot more games to play on X1/PS4 than on Wii U.  If you plan on buying about the same on your X1/PS4 then you should be fine.

BraLoD said:
R.I.P. jason1637

May the Physical Master Race embrace you once again in a near future.

shesh