By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Im going full digital Next Year

Nothing wrong with going digital, it benefits different people :)

I personally prefer physical as i just like having the game physically in my hands, but i know people feel differently :P

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
Never said:
I've been mainly digital for about 4 years and full digital in the last couple of years. Though this was partly due to me being in china rather than through choice.

Digital can be more expensive but I don't like physical media. Having to get off my ass to switch wii u games would stop me playing half my games... Even switching games on my 3ds is irritating.

I heard that theres lots of deal with xbox gold and psn

jason1637 said:

So i have decided to go full digital nexr year. The only thing that was stopping me from doing so is that i have a wii u and theres no push for me to go digital due to things like when i get a physical game i could just play it and that prices fro nintendo games dont go down for years so i would have to buy soem used games and get some deals to get wii u games for a cheaper price. But since im picking up the Xbox One this Year and the PS4 next year i decided to go digital because since games will need to download anyways i thought there is really no point to go to a store and downlaod the game when i could just get the game of the digital store and have the game atatched to my account. I just bought a 250gb hard drive for the wii u and will be gettign a 1tb or more harddrive for the xbox oen and ps4 when i pick them up. Have any of you guys gone digital before and if so is there a way to speed up downloads on current gen.

You mean installed, the entire games are on the disc. There a lot of games who have very small patches.

JRPGfan said:

I much prefer owning the physical copy and haveing it sitting on a shelf.... that is just never going to change.

The way I see it, game franchises I love, I get physical.

Avg or meh type games, digital is fine, wont care if I lose them and cant play them again say 10years down the line.

Great minds think alike. god gamer status yo!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'll never understand why people limit their choices by "going full digital" or "going full physical" and ignoring the other offers. My buying decisions between digital/physical (or for which system in case of multi-platform games) are on a case-by-case basis.

I prefer digital for mobile and handheld games (no carrying the games separately to the device, instant switching between games, no worries that the games get damaged or stolen, often cheaper than the physical version...), but some of them I absolutely want to have as a physical version, especially some collector's/limited editions.

For home consoles I still prefer physical releases, especially if the price difference to digital ain't big. But often the digital versions get much more attractive in PSN- and XBL-sales... the price matters. And I totally understand that many smaller or niche games wouldn't have a chance in retail to be profitable. Digital versions are also a bit more convenient (not changing the discs) and can offer cross-buy or other bundle-advantages or upgrade-options which aren't that easy to implement without account-binding.

So physical and digital for me.

Around the Network

PS4, not possible with 500GB or 1TB, too small. You may do fine with 2TB though.

Burek said:

I am almost full digital, but I pay attention and buy all my games on separate accounts.

Wait... you make a new account for EVERY game you buy digitally? How many PSN-, XBL-, eShop- and Steam-accounts do you have?

Aren't there account limits on consoles?

That op gave me an aneurism.

deskpro2k3 said:

never go full digital..

if you get hacked, used a piss poor password, or got yourself banned for whatever reason on that service.. boom, there goes your digital games.

ctrl+F "Never go full digital"

3 posts in, good job  :D

deskpro2k3 said:

never go full digital..

if you get hacked, used a piss poor password, or got yourself banned for whatever reason on that service.. boom, there goes your digital games.

Never go full physical...

If you get robbed, your house burns down or gets hit by a meteor... boom, there go your physical games. A combination of digital + physical is the best option. ;)