By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XIII PS3 only or possibly multiplatform?

This would NEVER work on a DS. Trying would just destory everything this game is trying to accomplish and would be a HUGE step back for the franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ephE0HMts0

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
This would NEVER work on a DS.

That wouldn't , but something built up for the ds would. CoD 4 wouldn't work on the ds , but they made it for the ds.

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:

That wouldn't , but something built up for the ds would. CoD 4 wouldn't work on the ds , but they made it for the ds.

How did COD4 sell for the DS? Or Assassin's Creed for that matter?

I will without a doubt check the response but the lady is coming in a couple of hours and now is the only time I have left for Blue Dragon so gtg.

Fun chat none the less though. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Jandre002 said:
With MGS4 I was doubtful about it only being possible on the PS3. But FFXIII is going to be way too large. The worlds are huge, and they have been taking forever to get it done. The cutsences are rendered in game as well. If Lost Oddessy was 4 disc, this game be like 8 discs on the 360.

I really doubt it would anywhere but the PC. Even the profit from Lost Oddessy wasn't even to compel a port. Final Fantasy would certain make more sales, but by that time the PS3 will be at $299 so anyone wanting the game would pay up to play. Worldwide I'd say 30% of 360 owners will own a PS3 by the end of this generation.

There just wouldn't be any point in porting to the 360. It would be dumbed down, difficult to fit on discs, and the game would be ruined by swapping over 4 discs during the game.
I can agree with most of what you're saying but the comment about swapping discs ruining the game is just fucking silly. Did swapping discs ruin Final Fantasy VII for you?

Square-Enix has said it. The trailers said it. The game director said it. It's a PS3 exclusive.

Around the Network

the might use the characters to make a totally different game on the DS, just like FF12 revenant wings

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:

How did COD4 sell for the DS? Or Assassin's Creed for that matter?

I will without a doubt check the response but the lady is coming in a couple of hours and now is the only time I have left for Blue Dragon so gtg.

Fun chat none the less though. :)

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=14766

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7609

Yeah not too good of sales. Pretty good for only being released in the U.S. I would also like to remind you how much japan loves ds. And how much they love final fantasy. And how much they like final fantasy for the story. Now if these japanese don't have a psp , and the game was released with the same story on ds do you think they will buy a ps3 or just use the ds version. Then you have people who own both ps3 and ds who would want a good portable game. WHere do you think they will look? They would choose a game they love on the ps3 and would have a decent portable game.  

Final fantasy at its current state cannot run on the Xbox 360.

The developer wants to make the game epic, and beyond anyones beliefs.

The "in game" screens I have seen testifies this, why would they port FF XIII after Lost odessey selling below expectations? Besides like stated I dont believe the 360 will be able to run FF XIII, since it will be the first game to push the PS3.

mM
gengka said:
the might use the characters to make a totally different game on the DS, just like FF12 revenant wings

This ++.

The idea that FF XIII would be ported to the DS or the Wii is just fucking laughable. But there could absolutely be a DS spinoff similar to Revenant Wings. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

Isamu said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Price drops in Japan are having even less of an effect on PS3 sales than they do in other regions, and it's already far cheaper there than anywhere else.

I think it is safe to say the "price is the only thing stopping the PS3 in Japan" ship has sailed.....

So you're saying the PS3 is cheaper then the Wii and the 360 over there?

Actually I didn't say that anywhere.  Read it again and then see if it's worth arguing over my actual point.

And btw, any argument where you need to compare the PS3 to the 360 in Japan isn't going well for Sony supporters. 

I know you didn't say that, it was sarcasm. No one has to worry about the 360 in Japan, so let's just get rid of that one. If you go to a store in Japan, and want a new consoles that's lots of fun, and everyone is talking about, you have two options. The Wii and the PS3. The wii cost a LOT less, so it will sell a lot more.

When they cost the same (or the price is low enough for the masses to afford one), the PS3 will take off. It came out over priced, and it still is over prices. Once that changes (if it ever changes), it will be a different ball game. 

Really? thats not what happened when I was in Japan a few weeks ago, it was more 'The Wii is Japans most popular console' people dont seem to really care about the PS3 as much as they used to.  The Xbox 360 has a surprising amount of shelf space considering it sells so poor there (about the same as the PS3 in some stores.. )

Why on earth do people always think price is the major factor, sure it is to a certain degree, but Sony has positioned themselves in an interesting position, if they dropped the price by a huge amount, so it cost less than the 360, or the Wii, people could then assume it is not as powerful as the console.  Take a course in Pricing, I know bugger all about it, but I do know that you cant just drop the price and suddenly to make it = Most popular.

Just imagine, if the ps3 dropped so dramatically, I wouldnt touch it, why, I would think that sony was dropping the PS3.  Pricing is a delicate art, one that I am happy I do not work in,

Why do you think most people think the GameCube was not as powerful as the PS2.  Pricing.

Edit : Should have also said 'So far FF13 is PS3 exclusive, there are nothing but rumours that make you think otherwise. Why do people keep harping on about it. If something firm happens, thats when its time to start these threads :)'

I think you forget that the PS3 is overpriced. I am not saying make the thing $179, i mean bring it down into the market to the point it should have released at. $399 for your entry level console is just to high. If it was $299 you would think Sony was dropping it, and would not buy it? That's is the magic number that the PS3 needs to hit.