By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XIII PS3 only or possibly multiplatform?

^ Thats a given in Japan at least!

I think Sony will keep the price high (maybe a drop of about $50-100) in the other regions but reduce the price in Japan further to spur PS3 uptake!

Around the Network

No chance what so ever.

-SE will move straight onto Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII (mmorpg)
-It will most likely require a hard drive (X360 doesn't have in every system)
-It will probably be about 5 disks big.
-FF games have always been exclusive to 1 console
-X360 is hated in japan.
-This game will convince nearly all fans to buy a PS3 and so X360 version will sell incredibly poorly. (No FF fans will want to wait a year+ for a game this big)
-X360 will probably be at the end of its like by the time this could posible be released (4.5-5 years old)

The list goes on...

Thanks to all those who stood up for me in the face of Auron's trolling.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Okay new forum rule. Unless you have a press release from the company producing the game you are NOT allowed to make a thread about X game going multiplatform. I have had enough FFXIII, MGS4, Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc. going multi-platform threads to last a lifetime.

New slimline PS3 with cheaper price and launch of FFXIII. PS3 sales will explode.

Around the Network

Devilstation said:
No chance what so ever.

-SE will move straight onto Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII (mmorpg)
-It will most likely require a hard drive (X360 doesn't have in every system)
-It will probably be about 5 disks big.
-FF games have always been exclusive to 1 console
-X360 is hated in japan.
-This game will convince nearly all fans to buy a PS3 and so X360 version will sell incredibly poorly. (No FF fans will want to wait a year+ for a game this big)
-X360 will probably be at the end of its like by the time this could posible be released (4.5-5 years old)

The list goes on...

But Haeresis XIII has already been in development for the Wii for about a year and it's not an MMO... (already discussed in this thread)

Also FF games haven't always been exclusive. FF1 got ported to the MSX.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Final Fantasy tends to be multi-platform? WTF are you talking about? Half-hearted, half-assed PC ports of FFVII and a few others don't really count for much. Neither do decades-later ports to handhelds.

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Price drops in Japan are having even less of an effect on PS3 sales than they do in other regions, and it's already far cheaper there than anywhere else.

I think it is safe to say the "price is the only thing stopping the PS3 in Japan" ship has sailed.....

So you're saying the PS3 is cheaper then the Wii and the 360 over there?

Actually I didn't say that anywhere.  Read it again and then see if it's worth arguing over my actual point.

And btw, any argument where you need to compare the PS3 to the 360 in Japan isn't going well for Sony supporters. 

I know you didn't say that, it was sarcasm. No one has to worry about the 360 in Japan, so let's just get rid of that one. If you go to a store in Japan, and want a new consoles that's lots of fun, and everyone is talking about, you have two options. The Wii and the PS3. The wii cost a LOT less, so it will sell a lot more.

When they cost the same (or the price is low enough for the masses to afford one), the PS3 will take off. It came out over priced, and it still is over prices. Once that changes (if it ever changes), it will be a different ball game. 

I know I do not speak for anyone here besides myself, although maybe I do.

I have loved the Final Fantasy franchise since Final Fantasy III on the SNES (FF VI) and up till FFX. I was like "ok, that was pretty bad but tolerable" with FF X-2 and completely "meh" with Final Fantasy XII, it has felt like they were changing this franchise for the worst, going from what it has always been to trying to please the god damn US audience. After looking at my FF X box the other day I realized this was in fact the last game Sakaguchi and Uematsu worked on. Without these two the series has changed, although hopefully FF XIII and Versus prove me wrong, but I wouldn't be suprised to one day see Final Fantasy a completely different franchise with a completely new fanbase.

I see them westernizing everything... great, exactly what we need, another bore fest like Oblivion. I couldn't even stand seeing it turn into Mass Effect. Good game Mass Effect is, but not for FF.

Oh god please let me be wrong. Still a day 1 purchase for me and the reason I grabbed a PS3, but Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were such fine games and reminiscent of what Final Fantasy has always been for a life long fan such as myself.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I was counting the days before an idiot brings this up again.

Ever since MGS4 got release date and confirmed (after 3432432 times before) its PS3 exclusivity, people are bounded to jump on the next big PS3 third-party title.

*shrugs*, just the way it is. Some people will never give up.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)