By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XIII PS3 only or possibly multiplatform?

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Price drops in Japan are having even less of an effect on PS3 sales than they do in other regions, and it's already far cheaper there than anywhere else.

I think it is safe to say the "price is the only thing stopping the PS3 in Japan" ship has sailed.....

So you're saying the PS3 is cheaper then the Wii and the 360 over there?

Actually I didn't say that anywhere.  Read it again and then see if it's worth arguing over my actual point.

And btw, any argument where you need to compare the PS3 to the 360 in Japan isn't going well for Sony supporters. 

I know you didn't say that, it was sarcasm. No one has to worry about the 360 in Japan, so let's just get rid of that one. If you go to a store in Japan, and want a new consoles that's lots of fun, and everyone is talking about, you have two options. The Wii and the PS3. The wii cost a LOT less, so it will sell a lot more.

When they cost the same (or the price is low enough for the masses to afford one), the PS3 will take off. It came out over priced, and it still is over prices. Once that changes (if it ever changes), it will be a different ball game. 

Really? thats not what happened when I was in Japan a few weeks ago, it was more 'The Wii is Japans most popular console' people dont seem to really care about the PS3 as much as they used to.  The Xbox 360 has a surprising amount of shelf space considering it sells so poor there (about the same as the PS3 in some stores.. )

Why on earth do people always think price is the major factor, sure it is to a certain degree, but Sony has positioned themselves in an interesting position, if they dropped the price by a huge amount, so it cost less than the 360, or the Wii, people could then assume it is not as powerful as the console.  Take a course in Pricing, I know bugger all about it, but I do know that you cant just drop the price and suddenly to make it = Most popular.

Just imagine, if the ps3 dropped so dramatically, I wouldnt touch it, why, I would think that sony was dropping the PS3.  Pricing is a delicate art, one that I am happy I do not work in,

Why do you think most people think the GameCube was not as powerful as the PS2.  Pricing.

Edit : Should have also said 'So far FF13 is PS3 exclusive, there are nothing but rumours that make you think otherwise. Why do people keep harping on about it. If something firm happens, thats when its time to start these threads :)'

Around the Network

@Isamaru

"So far FF13 is PS3 exclusive"

More like "FF13 IS PS3 exclusive". I don't know why people think it might change. How many trailers need to say PS3 only and/or SE confirm it themselves before people realize this? Not to mention how many time have you seen a FF go multiplatform other than FF XI and remakes of old titles? This is like me saying Gears of War 2 is coming to PS3.

Wasn't this game made to utilize the PS3 and it's SPU's? A port to a system like the 360 would not only cost alot, but the sales will never justify the port.

What do Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey sales look like WW? Blue Dragon has sold only 200k+ and is the 360's leading game in Japan in terms of sales. Very sad for a JRPG in Japan. Yeah I bought a 360 due to the fact that it houses the most RPGs at the moment, but that does not mean it will always be that way, specially if sales are anything to go by.

Maybe SE's loyalty to Sony has something to do with Sony helping out SE financially when Spirit's Within bombed and the company lost tons of money.Well, this is what I have heard anyways.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I guess people will understand that PS3 is the better choice when Eternal Sonata is released on PS3 and sales exceed the 360's.

On the same note, with what everyone is trying to claim... what is to say Infinite Undiscovery won't change to multiplatform? Hell if FFXIII can, anything from SE can. To think SE would favor MS over Sony is just ridiculous.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

I still see a ds version.

sc94597 said:

For Final Fantasy XIII? Now that is by far the worst thing I have ever heard... graphical hit, sound hit, gameplay hit, less customization for sure, so much removed just to try to make it fit... the list goes on...

I am really looking forward to Lost Odyssey to be downsized so I can play it on the Zune.

Is it really that hard for people to accept that the PS3 will have great games that are exclusive? Nintendo and MS do, why can't Sony? Why is everything of theirs all of a sudden destined to go multiplatform? Write off White Knight Chronicles and just about every other exclusive game coming to PS3... while people say their is no chance of Gears 2 coming to PS3 because they claimed it as 360 exclusive... it doesn't work for one and not the other...

*sigh*... I give up.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

For Final Fantasy XIII? Now that is by far the worst thing I have ever heard... graphical hit, sound hit, gameplay hit, less customization for sure, so much removed just to try to make it fit... the list goes on...

I am really looking forward to Lost Odyssey to be downsized so I can play it on the Zune.

*sigh*... I give up.

I don't think so. First of all the userbase would most likely be in the 90s or 100s by the time it is released. Square has been giving the ds more support than any other console this generation. If it fails on the ps3 it isn't going to go to wii. They are going to just make a new version for the ds. I already said it won't be the same game. It would be like CoD4 for ds or Assasin's Creed for the ds. 

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

*sigh*... I give up.

I don't think so. First of all the userbase would most likely be in the 90s or 100s by the time it is released. Square has been giving the ds more support than any other console this generation. If it fails on the ps3 it isn't going to go to wii. They are going to just make a new version for the ds. I already said it won't be the same game. It would be like CoD4 for ds or Assasin's Creed for the ds. 

Maybe you just don't want to understand... but FF XIII on DS is not possible. It wouldn't be a port, it would need to be made from scratch. If it fails once, why waste more resources trying to do it again? The company has almost went bankrupt twice trying shit that made no sense... last time lost them both Sakaguchi and Uematsu... I doubt they will do it again. They have experienced success with Sony for the last 11 years in terms of the main FF franchise, now all of a sudden they are going to jump ship to the DS? The same company that loves to push consoles to their limits???

Are you going on just what you think or do you actually pay attention to these 2 companies before and after the merger?

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

*sigh*... I give up.

Maybe you just don't want to understand... but FF XIII on DS is not possible. It wouldn't be a port, it would need to be made from scratch. If it fails once, why waste more resources trying to do it again? The company has almost went bankrupt twice trying shit that made no sense... last time lost them both Sakaguchi and Uematsu... I doubt they will do it again.

That is what I said. It would be built out of nothing. The cost of making a ds game is about a hundredth of a ps3 game. It wouldn't bankrupt them. That is why I see  a ds version released with the console version. Even if only 1% of people with the ds buy it that is around 1 million people. That would compesate for the losses the ps3 version would have if it failed. I also think it's not likely for it to be on anything other than the ps3. I just , said if they did decide to put it on another console it would be the ds. 

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

*sigh*... I give up.

Maybe you just don't want to understand... but FF XIII on DS is not possible. It wouldn't be a port, it would need to be made from scratch. If it fails once, why waste more resources trying to do it again? The company has almost went bankrupt twice trying shit that made no sense... last time lost them both Sakaguchi and Uematsu... I doubt they will do it again.

That is what I said. It would be built out of nothing. The cost of making a ds game is about a hundredth of a ps3 game. It wouldn't bankrupt them. That is why I see  a ds version released with the console version. Even if only 1% of people with the ds buy it that is around 1 million people. That would compesate for the losses the ps3 version would have if it failed. I also think it's not likely for it to be on anything other than the ps3. I just , said if they did decide to put it on another console it would be the ds. 

You still do not understand. If it was released on both, the DS version would have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much left out. It would be a vastly inferior version with a different combat system, lack of FMV to keep the story moving, quality music to keep you going, etc...

They would not be the same game. Just not possible. When they made a follow up to XII on the DS, do you know why they had a different combat system? That's right, the FFXII combat system just wasn't possible on the DS.

Must I put more O's in the word "so" to get this point across?

So PS3 would fail, hypothetically, now SE wants to remake it for the DS, everything gets changed, everything. Now it gets released... now with 2 entirely different games which is actually XIII? Will they fit Versus on the DS too? We all know how Kingdom Hearts worked out on the GBA.

It is like taking Gears of War and getting it work on the DS... just ain't happening.Assassin's Creed couldn't even work... yet you think a Final Fantasy will?

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

*sigh*... I give up.

That is what I said. It would be built out of nothing. The cost of making a ds game is about a hundredth of a ps3 game. It wouldn't bankrupt them. That is why I see a ds version released with the console version. Even if only 1% of people with the ds buy it that is around 1 million people. That would compesate for the losses the ps3 version would have if it failed. I also think it's not likely for it to be on anything other than the ps3. I just , said if they did decide to put it on another console it would be the ds.

You still do not understand. If it was released on both, the DS version would have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much left out. It would be a vastly inferior version with a different combat system, lack of FMV to keep the story moving, quality music to keep you going, etc...

They would not be the same game. Just not possible. When they made a follow up to XII on the DS, do you know why they had a different combat system? That's right, the FFXII combat system just wasn't possible on the DS.

Must I put more O's in the word "so" to get this point across?

And like I said before I agree. It would just have the same title. I was saying that is the closest thing we would ever see if we do to it being on another console. I don't disagree at all. It would be the same game just inferior. That is like saying the snes version of ff3 isn't the game , because it's inferior to the remake on the ps1( I think) , and ds. I agree it wouldn't be the same game under the title and the story , but it would still be considered it. I don't even want a port of the game , because that would make the quality worse for the ps3 version. I'm just saying that would be the closest thing to a port/multiplat that we would see. I'm not even saying it will be done I'm just saying it would be the only possible way the game would be on another console without a remake.