By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - October Trends PS4 sizzles, while Halo fizzles, and Wii-U remains constant.

thismeintiel said:
Snoopy said:
thismeintiel said:
Snoopy said:

On hardware? Yes. On software? No. Titan Fall and Halo (eventually) outsold every PS4 exclusive to date. Besides, Im going by vgchartz and they stopped tracking a lot of these games, but only selling a little over 2 million copies is embarrassing for the fastest selling console of all time. Also, for a console with 2x the sales of xbox one you would think it would do better.

And there's you're problem.  And in the end, the PS4 is going to sell WAY more SW than the XBO (already has.)  And it will have more 2M+ sellers, too (apparently already has if that's the only two for Xbox.)  But, if you want to move goalposts to make the XBO's very distant 2nd not seem so bad, you go right ahead.

So? You would expect people are buying a PS4 for their top notch exclusive according to many people here. The fact is Sony AAA exclusive games can only scrape 2 million which is sad. It proves Sony is relying on their brand name to carry them yet again. Which will be their down fall in the long run. Also, there is more than those games, just pointing out the big ones for xbox one and still waiting for the ps4 big ones.

This will be my last reply, as your bias shines as clear as the sun.

First of all, KZ:SH and I:SS were the best selling installments in their respective franchises.  So, the popularity of the PS4 boosted those franchises.  What did the XBO do for Forza?  It's slowly killing it.  Forza 5 didn't even pass 2M.  Forza 6 is doing even worse.  Halo 5 has a shot at being as good a seller as the others, though I see that falling short of even 8M.  Could be wrong.  The PS4 is also responsible for creating and helping at least two new AAA IPs succeed, Bloodbourne and Driveclub.  Now you could say Titanfall for XBO, but of course we never got hard numbers for that, except that it sold 1M in the Quarter it released, many of which were also from PC.  There's also the fact that the sequel will be coming out to PS4, so guess that doesn't really matter anymore. 

As for H:MCC, funny how you discount ports when speaking of PS4 numbers, yet use a collection of ports to tout the XBO SW sales.  Yep, no bias there.  So, using your criteria of AAA exclusive, minus ports, the XBO only has (maybe) ONE AAA exclusive that sold 2M+, so far, to Sony's 4.  (Slow clap)  Probably the reason many are willing to just stick to PS4 if they are only developing for one console.

The fact remains that more games are selling better on the PS4.  No debating it.  And once Sony actually releases its biggest guns, GOW, UC, and GT, you're going to see who really has the higher selling exclusives.  Of course, I fully expect you to move the goalpost, yet again.

I didn't use halo collection at all. I am refering to Halo 5 thus the eventually in paranthese. Also, there was plenty of games that sold over 2 million for xbox one as well besides those games. I am pretty sure forza 5 is over the 2 million hump by now because it sold over a million about a year and a half ago. And it was Microsoft's best selling racing game by console attach rate. Here is the link https://www.vg247.com/2014/02/18/forza-motorsport-5-passes-1-million-sales-milestone-free-dlc-to-celebrate/. So if you are going to include games that aren't over 2 million according to vgchartz I am too. The fact is Sony games don't sell that well outside of Naughty dog games and maybe GOW. Finally, The last GT (GT6) sold pretty bad for a Sony flagship title so I wouldn't talk about Forza dying.

Around the Network

This has more to do with demographics because when you look at sales in the US, it's way closer than that graph haha

cycycychris said:

Why does the Vita get counted but not the 3DS?

Why does playstation get collection from 5 different platforms, microsoft get 3 and only 1 from Nintendo.

From what I'm seeing here, I wouldn't take this data serious one bit.

Because agendas.

AlfredoTurkey said:
cycycychris said:

Why does the Vita get counted but not the 3DS?

Why does playstation get collection from 5 different platforms, microsoft get 3 and only 1 from Nintendo.

From what I'm seeing here, I wouldn't take this data serious one bit.

Because agendas.

Are you trying to say I'm biased against the PS4?

Snoopy said:
thismeintiel said:
Snoopy said:
thismeintiel said:
Snoopy said:

On hardware? Yes. On software? No. Titan Fall and Halo (eventually) outsold every PS4 exclusive to date. Besides, Im going by vgchartz and they stopped tracking a lot of these games, but only selling a little over 2 million copies is embarrassing for the fastest selling console of all time. Also, for a console with 2x the sales of xbox one you would think it would do better.

And there's you're problem.  And in the end, the PS4 is going to sell WAY more SW than the XBO (already has.)  And it will have more 2M+ sellers, too (apparently already has if that's the only two for Xbox.)  But, if you want to move goalposts to make the XBO's very distant 2nd not seem so bad, you go right ahead.

So? You would expect people are buying a PS4 for their top notch exclusive according to many people here. The fact is Sony AAA exclusive games can only scrape 2 million which is sad. It proves Sony is relying on their brand name to carry them yet again. Which will be their down fall in the long run. Also, there is more than those games, just pointing out the big ones for xbox one and still waiting for the ps4 big ones.

This will be my last reply, as your bias shines as clear as the sun.

First of all, KZ:SH and I:SS were the best selling installments in their respective franchises.  So, the popularity of the PS4 boosted those franchises.  What did the XBO do for Forza?  It's slowly killing it.  Forza 5 didn't even pass 2M.  Forza 6 is doing even worse.  Halo 5 has a shot at being as good a seller as the others, though I see that falling short of even 8M.  Could be wrong.  The PS4 is also responsible for creating and helping at least two new AAA IPs succeed, Bloodbourne and Driveclub.  Now you could say Titanfall for XBO, but of course we never got hard numbers for that, except that it sold 1M in the Quarter it released, many of which were also from PC.  There's also the fact that the sequel will be coming out to PS4, so guess that doesn't really matter anymore. 

As for H:MCC, funny how you discount ports when speaking of PS4 numbers, yet use a collection of ports to tout the XBO SW sales.  Yep, no bias there.  So, using your criteria of AAA exclusive, minus ports, the XBO only has (maybe) ONE AAA exclusive that sold 2M+, so far, to Sony's 4.  (Slow clap)  Probably the reason many are willing to just stick to PS4 if they are only developing for one console.

The fact remains that more games are selling better on the PS4.  No debating it.  And once Sony actually releases its biggest guns, GOW, UC, and GT, you're going to see who really has the higher selling exclusives.  Of course, I fully expect you to move the goalpost, yet again.

I didn't use halo collection at all. I am refering to Halo 5 thus the eventually in paranthese. Also, there was plenty of games that sold over 2 million for xbox one as well besides those games. I am pretty sure forza 5 is over the 2 million hump by now because it sold over a million about a year and a half ago. And it was Microsoft's best selling racing game by console attach rate. Here is the link https://www.vg247.com/2014/02/18/forza-motorsport-5-passes-1-million-sales-milestone-free-dlc-to-celebrate/. So if you are going to include games that aren't over 2 million according to vgchartz I am too. The fact is Sony games don't sell that well outside of Naughty dog games and maybe GOW. Finally, The last GT (GT6) sold pretty bad for a Sony flagship title so I wouldn't talk about Forza dying.

Only thing you are proving is that apperantly Sony isn't the simple profit hungry capitalist mega corporation and truly wants to satisfy a wide spectrum of gamers, unlike Microsoft, going simply for the mainstream audience and showing no to minimum effort in doing so, always looking for the best profit margin. Well done.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Snoopy said:

Only thing you are proving is that apperantly Sony isn't the simple profit hungry capitalist mega corporation and truly wants to satisfy a wide spectrum of gamers, unlike Microsoft, going simply for the mainstream audience and showing no to minimum effort in doing so, always looking for the best profit margin. Well done.

Sony isn't money hungry? Thats funny, because last time I checked they're a corporation. Microsoft knows that you need to expand or you're going to explode just like the early colonist in America. They bought Gears of War, Minecraft, Havok this generation and possibly AMD. Each Xbox system is getting more and more popular than the next. Sony is too comfortable where they're at and they will one day run into a brick wall just look at Nintendo. Microsoft is the only console manufacture that improves each generation and gains more popularity. Sony is surviving mostly off of brand name and being cheaper at the start which caused a lot of people to purchase a PS4 and now their friends are.

Snoopy said:

Sony isn't money hungry? Thats funny, because last time I checked they're a corporation. Microsoft knows that you need to expand or you're going to explode just like the early colonist in America. They bought Gears of War, Minecraft, Havok this generation and possibly AMD. Each Xbox system is getting more and more popular than the next. Sony is too comfortable where they're at and they will one day run into a brick wall just look at Nintendo. Microsoft is the only console manufacture that improves each generation and gains more popularity. Sony is surviving mostly off of brand name and being cheaper at the start which caused a lot of people to purchase a PS4 and now their friends are.

Minecraft and Havoc aren't turning into exclusives. Why would Microsoft buy AMD right now? Congrats on realizing Sony is a corporation?

Note: Can someone explain how this was posted 24 hours ago? After a 15 min post....

That is very interesting, I think it also closely resembles the current market share...

interesting little bit of research there, good job

Change the title because that is highly irrelevant to Halo. You don't search for "Xbox one + Halo" since everyone knows Halo is an exclusive. So change the title please.