By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - October Trends PS4 sizzles, while Halo fizzles, and Wii-U remains constant.

thismeintiel said:
Snoopy said:

Halo Fizzles? Im pretty sure there is yet a single playstation 4 AAA exclusive that sold over 2 million unless you count old ps3 ports. Halo 5 will be the highest selling AAA exclusive for a long time.

Lol, really?

Killzone: Shadow Fall - 2.1M in 2 months
Infamous: Second Son - No new update, but considering it sold 1M+ in less than 2 weeks, I highly doubt it's less than 2M
Drive Club - 2M in 8 months
Bloodbourne - 2M in 6 months

And next year you're going to have Street Fighter 5, UC4, GT Sport (if it's released in 2016) and Horizon, and more than likely (if they are good) Wild, Dreams, No Man's Sky, R&C, and TLG.

Always next year huh. I think Street fighter and UC4 will hit over 2 million, but GT Sport won't probably release next year and neither will horizion and TLG or many of those other games.  Sony lies all the time about their release dates.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

Always next year huh. I think Street fighter and UC4 will hit over 2 million, but GT Sport won't probably release next year and neither will horizion and TLG or many of those other games.  Sony lies all the time about their release dates.

Next year? He gave you 4 current examples... No need to wait until next year. Besides, Sony has proven that the PS4 is a software selling machine, well maybe not machine... but it's doing extremley well and MUCH MUCH better than the XB1.

Avro1958 said:
Snoopy said:

Next year? He gave you 4 current examples... No need to wait until next year. Besides, Sony has proven that the PS4 is a software selling machine, well maybe not machine... but it's doing extremley well and MUCH MUCH better than the XB1.

On hardware? Yes. On software? No. Titan Fall and Halo (eventually) outsold every PS4 exclusive to date. Besides, Im going by vgchartz and they stopped tracking a lot of these games, but only selling a little over 2 million copies is embarrassing for the fastest selling console of all time. Also, for a console with 2x the sales of xbox one you would think it would do better.

Snoopy said:
Avro1958 said:

On hardware? Yes. On software? No. Titan Fall and Halo (eventually) outsold every PS4 exclusive to date. Besides, Im going by vgchartz and they stopped tracking a lot of these games, but only selling a little over 2 million copies is embarrassing for the fastest selling console of all time. Also, for a console with 2x the sales of xbox one you would think it would do better.

And there's you're problem.  And in the end, the PS4 is going to sell WAY more SW than the XBO (already has.)  And it will have more 2M+ sellers, too (apparently already has if that's the only two for Xbox.)  But, if you want to move goalposts to make the XBO's very distant 2nd not seem so bad, you go right ahead.

thismeintiel said:
Snoopy said:
Avro1958 said:

And there's you're problem.  And in the end, the PS4 is going to sell WAY more SW than the XBO (already has.)  And it will have more 2M+ sellers, too (apparently already has if that's the only two for Xbox.)  But, if you want to move goalposts to make the XBO's very distant 2nd not seem so bad, you go right ahead.

So? You would expect people are buying a PS4 for their top notch exclusive according to many people here. The fact is Sony AAA exclusive games can only scrape 2 million which is sad. It proves Sony is relying on their brand name to carry them yet again. Which will be their down fall in the long run. Also, there is more than those games, just pointing out the big ones for xbox one and still waiting for the ps4 big ones.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

So? You would expect people are buying a PS4 for their top notch exclusive according to many people here. The fact is Sony AAA exclusive games can only scrape 2 million which is sad. It proves Sony is relying on their brand name to carry them yet again. Which will be their down fall in the long run. Also, there is more than those games, just pointing out the big ones for xbox one and still waiting for the ps4 big ones.

On behalf of all Sony fans around the world, I'd like to apologize for not supporting the exclusive games that release on PS4. It's not that we're ungrateful, but the library is full of diversity and we have different tastes, so we can't unite and make every game super duper successful like you guys can.

.- -... -.-. -..

Hardly, Sony also has more exclusive content people are spreading their money around... its the main reason I am still waiting on purchasing BB, Drive Club, LBP3 and a few others! I just got around to playing the Order for crying out loud (love it BTW). One of the main reasons I buy a console is 1st party, but I also have a lot of 3rd party franchises I like playing and I am not even going to mention the top notch digital exclusives Sony has to offer.

When I had a XB1 for about 3 months I had 11 games, 3 of them were 1st party. Sunset Overdrive, MCC and Forza Horizon 2. These were the ONLY 1st party games that I could see that the system offered me. Any other 1st party game I could get on PC. So I got looking into the 3rd party and I seen the PS4 version often offered exclusive content or better visuals... So I sold it and went back to the PS4. MS seems to rely on Forza, Halo and Gears... If you're into those games great, but they don't offer much in the way of 1st party content other than that so you have less competition among AAA first party games.

lets also not forget the PS4 version of the Last of US has moved 3.3 million and yes it's a port... But it's new to MANY PS4 owners who are 360 converts or simply missed out (like me) on the PS3. That is still impressive.

What I am saying is its not as black and white as you seem to want to put it. I am not hating the XB1, I will get another someday when the exclusives warrant a purchase of a console. I don't see it now or in 2016, but I have hope.

PieToast said:
Snoopy said:

On behalf of all Sony fans around the world, I'd like to apologize for not supporting the exclusive games that release on PS4. It's not that we're ungrateful, but the library is full of diversity and we have different tastes, so we can't unite and make every game super duper successful you guys can.

Or you can stop buying COD/Madden and try something different.

Snoopy said:
PieToast said:

On behalf of all Sony fans around the world, I'd like to apologize for not supporting the exclusive games that release on PS4. It's not that we're ungrateful, but the library is full of diversity and we have different tastes, so we can't unite and make every game super duper successful you guys can.

Or you can stop buying COD/Madden and try something different.

Pffft... right back at ya.

.- -... -.-. -..

Snoopy said:
thismeintiel said:
Snoopy said:

This will be my last reply, as your bias shines as clear as the sun.

First of all, KZ:SH and I:SS were the best selling installments in their respective franchises.  So, the popularity of the PS4 boosted those franchises.  What did the XBO do for Forza?  It's slowly killing it.  Forza 5 didn't even pass 2M.  Forza 6 is doing even worse.  Halo 5 has a shot at being as good a seller as the others, though I see that falling short of even 8M.  Could be wrong.  The PS4 is also responsible for creating and helping at least two new AAA IPs succeed, Bloodbourne and Driveclub.  Now you could say Titanfall for XBO, but of course we never got hard numbers for that, except that it sold 1M in the Quarter it released, many of which were also from PC.  There's also the fact that the sequel will be coming out to PS4, so guess that doesn't really matter anymore. 

As for H:MCC, funny how you discount ports when speaking of PS4 numbers, yet use a collection of ports to tout the XBO SW sales.  Yep, no bias there.  So, using your criteria of AAA exclusive, minus ports, the XBO only has (maybe) ONE AAA exclusive that sold 2M+, so far, to Sony's 4.  (Slow clap)  Probably the reason many are willing to just stick to PS4 if they are only developing for one console.

The fact remains that more games are selling better on the PS4.  No debating it.  And once Sony actually releases its biggest guns, GOW, UC, and GT, you're going to see who really has the higher selling exclusives.  Of course, I fully expect you to move the goalpost, yet again.