By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - October Trends PS4 sizzles, while Halo fizzles, and Wii-U remains constant.

vivster said:
jason1637 said:

BS. There are people like me who also care about nintendo

Anecdotal evidence!

cycycychris seems to care

Around the Network

I don't think these things mean all that much. Surveys about purchasing intentions are more significant. Indeed it's almost time for those Christmas buying surveys to start coming out. Of course iPhone 6 will be the most wanted gadget.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

t3mporary_126 said:

This is social media? Wii U will get worse in October now that Super Mario Maker is a month old and Yoshi isn't that trendy.

Oh wait there's a line graph for October instead? Are there line and pie graphs for both months?

Oh sorry, I forgot to change this months chart header to October. I just use the same template in Excel. The chart is from October's numbers.

cycycychris said:

Why does the Vita get counted but not the 3DS?

Anything with Vita isn't counted. There is a rule that removes anything with Vita. This actually puts the PS4 at a disadvantage to the Xbox One as the rules that take out the previous playstation consoles, but their is no way to take out the original Xbox. So any tweets about the original Xbox get counted. This only tracks home consoles. It's had a 100% track record so far, like Amazon.

If you click on the link in my signature, you can read in depth about the algorithms. A lot of thought went into these algorithms. Unfortuantely the best algorithm I could come up with puts the PS4 at a disadvantage.

-"something" excludes anything with something.

Trunkin said:
I don;t see anything about Halo in that graph. Or is that titles a reference to the fact that Halo wasn't able to push Xbox over PS4 on Twitter and Facebook?

That's exactly what I was implying. It didn't give the bump expected based on how previous exclusives trend.

vivster said:
It's a bit mean that they included all playstation and Xbox platforms but for Nintendo only the Wii U.

Excludes Vita. 

Halo Fizzles? Im pretty sure there is yet a single playstation 4 AAA exclusive that sold over 2 million unless you count old ps3 ports. Halo 5 will be the highest selling AAA exclusive for a long time.

Snoopy said:

Halo Fizzles? Im pretty sure there is yet a single playstation 4 AAA exclusive that sold over 2 million unless you count old ps3 ports. Halo 5 will be the highest selling AAA exclusive for a long time.

We could list PS4 games that sold over 2 million. Even Drive Club and Bloodborne have sold over 2 million which can't compete to titles like The Last of Us.

Around the Network
Protendo said:
Snoopy said:

We could list PS4 games that sold over 2 million. Even Drive Club and Blood Borne have sold over 2 million which can't compete to titles like The Last of Us.

Has it been updated? Because driveclub hardly got to 2 million and it took about a year and so did bloodborne. Maybe 2.1 - 2.3 million?

Lowering the bar for reliable information. In other words, a regular day on VGChartz.

Seriously, what social media platforms is this based on? How were they measured? Why are legacy Sony platforms and the Vita included in this measurement, but not the Wii or 3DS?

atomicblue said:
Lowering the bar for reliable information. In other words, a regular day on VGChartz.

Seriously, what social media platforms is this based on? How were they measured? Why are legacy Sony platforms and the Vita included in this measurement, but not the Wii or 3DS?

Legacy devices are excluded.

Here is what it would look like with legacy devices included which proves that the PS4 is the one with the biggest disadvantage using this method. 

•  
    • wii-u OR wiiu OR "wii u" OR Wii OR 3DS 858,470
    • playstation OR ps4 OR PSV OR Vita OR PS3 3,845,033
    • xbox one OR xbox OR xbone OR "xbox 360" OR XBONE 1,277,282

Snoopy said:

Lol, really?

Killzone: Shadow Fall - 2.1M in 2 months
Infamous: Second Son - No new update, but considering it sold 1M+ in less than 2 weeks, I highly doubt it's less than 2M
Drive Club - 2M in 8 months
Bloodbourne - 2M in 6 months

And next year you're going to have Street Fighter 5, UC4, GT Sport (if it's released in 2016) and Horizon, and more than likely (if they are good) Wild, Dreams, No Man's Sky, R&C, and TLG.

Snoopy said:

So you want to try a metric or boundary condition that makes your argument a little more valid?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."