By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - October Trends PS4 sizzles, while Halo fizzles, and Wii-U remains constant.

Snoopy said:
Zoombael said:

According to you, yes. You're the one who was implying this. Not me.

"They bought Gears of War, Minecraft, Havok this generation and possibly AMD"

So what? Gears of War is not a new IP. Neither is Minecraft. And what about Havok and AMD? Not sure what you are trying to say. That MS is indeed only in for maximum profit, achieving this being as cheap as a scotsman, taking minimal risks, not investing in new and innovative IPs, ideas and technology?

"Sony is too comfortable where they're at and they will one day run into a brick wall just look at Nintendo."

What rubbish is that? Who is promoting and PRing constantly? At how many big conventions was/will be Sony relevant this year in comparison to MS? 4:2, two of them taking place during the most important season of the year. Not to speak of all those smaller ones, like Taipei Games Show and CES. And who has the most diverse and plentiful games library? Certainly not any Xbox.

"Microsoft is the only console manufacture that improves each generation and gains more popularity."

Wrong again. X1 sales were higher at the start, but now they're down to 360 level. Guess why MS won't reveal sales numbers anymore. They saw this coming. Because they can't counter the incoming tidal wave. Next year is going to be a slaughter and MS doesn't want anyone to see their shame. And you're seriously suggesting that Xbone sales will be higher than X360s at the end of this generation? Srsly?

" Sony is surviving mostly off of brand name and being cheaper at the start"

Goodness. You have no clue whatsoever. As a matter of fact, the price of the PS4 corrolates with the price tag of the PS1 and PS2. But those weren't cheaper than the relevant competition at the start. Dreamcast (1998/99) for example was available for way less money than the PS2 (2000) when it was released (the DC not the PS2). And what about PS3? Xbox 360 had a headstart of one year and was cheaper, but PS3 came out on top anyway. Besides, It didn't take long (1/2 year) till the X1 was at the same price range. Now it's even below that and it's still not enough to come even close.

Of brand name? Singular? Games made the PS consoles. And games, resp. true exclusives there will be...

Playstation 4

1. Alienation

2. Deep Down

3. Detroit - Become Human

4. Dreams

7. Drawn to Death

8. Fat Princess Adventures

9. Gran Turismo Sport

11. Gravity Rush 2

12. Guns Up!

12. Hardware Rivals

13. Hot Shots Golf

14. Horizon Zero Dawn

15. Hunger (so far)

16. Inferno Climber

17. Kill Strain

18. Let It Die

19. Matterfall

20. Megadimension Neptunia VII

21. Nier Automata

22. Nioh

23. Ratchet & Clank

24. Ready To Run

25. Rime

26. Shadow of the Beast

27. Stories: The Hidden Path

28. The Tomorrow Children

29. The Last Guardian

31. The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 (so far)

32. Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End

33. Ubusuna (So far)

34. Vector

35. Wattam

36. W!ld

37. What Remains of Edith Finch

38. Without Memory

Playstation VR

1. Godling

2. Headmaster

3. London Heist

4. Rigs: Mechanized Combat League

5. Robinson: The Journey

6. Summer Lesson

7. VizionEck

8. Wayward Sky

And this is list is growing and growing. Whereas the list of upcoming Xbox One games stays pretty consistent...

Xbox One

1. Gears Of War 4

2. Halo 5

3. Inside

3. Natsuki Chronicle

4. Phantom Dust (in dev limbo)

5. Project: Knoxville

6. Psycho Pass

7. Quantum Break

8. Raiden V

9. Recore

10. Scalebound

11. The Toilet Chronicles 

And adding plattform and console exclusives don't change a thing.

I like how you list f2p and indie games for the ps4 but conveniently don't list the xbox ones like fable legends, gigantic, smite , world of tanks , elite dangerous ,cuphead and more or games that are already out like forza motor sport, forza horizon and sunset. Investing into big ips is smart because it is what people buy and not niche exclusive that nobody cares about. You think people outside these forums want to play some japanese anime game that only appeal to a niche group of people?  You wonder why their has been a serious drop of quantity and quality in Japanese Anime games from 6th generation? Westerns and Europeans don't like them. People want the halo, gears , cod, minecraft, madden, fifa type games.  You know the big games that actually interest people. Microsoft has some new ips likes scale bound and quantum break, but I don't think for a minute it is big system sellers. Maybe decent, but not big.

"Wrong again. X1 sales were higher at the start, but now they're down to 360 level. Guess why MS won't reveal sales numbers anymore. They saw this coming. Because they can't counter the incoming tidal wave. Next year is going to be a slaughter and MS doesn't want anyone to see their shame. And you're seriously suggesting that Xbone sales will be higher than X360s at the end of this generation? Srsly?"

According to the site we are on as well as NPD, Microsoft xbox one is selling faster than 360 each and every year. That isn't why they won't show their numbers. They are making the xbox an ecosystem. Only reason why xbox one won't meet 360 sales is because the xbox one will only last 5-6 years unlike 360 which last 8 years before the next xbox.

TRUE EXCLUSIVES! Games available on mentioned systems ONLY! All those games you list will also come to or are already released on PC/360. Elite and WoT will be availabe for PS4 btw. And if you haven't realized yet, those are UPCOMING titles. I didn't erase Halo 5 from the list so it doesn't look too embarrasing. I wanted to add future Kinect titles, alas... i couldn't find any.

"Investing into big ips is smart because it is what people buy and not niche exclusive that nobody cares about. You think people outside these forums want to play some japanese anime game that only appeal to a niche group of people? "

Thanks to whoever is responsible not everyone is as narrow minded as you are. Since PS4 is selling excellent outside some far away country beyond the atlantic ocean, it makes sense to satisfy different regional preferences. Besides, how shrouded must ones mind be to see the PS4 list crowded with anime games? Of those 46 PS4/PSVR titles six (6) are "anime games". Funny thing, going by that list, in proportion the x1 has more exclusive "anime games". Ha Ha Ha! Let that one sink in.

Another thing you, my underinformed buddy, are missing. A big pool of various exclusive games draws in a larger crowd of diverse people, increasing the attach rate and subscriptions to online service. The bigger the hardware base, the merrier the software sales. That is were the profit is. And look at dem last two weeks...

5th Sept. 2015

PS4 2,905,350 (+75%)
XOne 777,248 (-23%)

12th Sept. 2015

PS4 1,052,660 (-64%)
XOne 308,062 (-60%)

Pardon? Who's running against a brick wall?

"According to the site we are on as well as NPD, Microsoft xbox one is selling faster than 360 each and every year."

Lol, what? Taking the numbers VGC provides? Ok.

Lets compare 2015 (Jan-Aug) with its respective year... 2007.

Jan 2007 X360 ~609.000

Jan 2015 X1 ~510.000

Feb 2007 X360 ~430.000

Feb 2015 X1 ~433.000

Mar 2007 X360 ~343.000

Mar 2015 X1 ~360.000

Apr 2007 X360 ~295.000

Apr 2015 X1 ~337.000

May 2007 X360 ~383.000

May 2015 X1 ~339.000

Jun 2007 X360 ~322.000

Jun 2015 X1 ~375.000

Jul 2007 X360 ~331.000

Jul 2015 X1 ~447.000

Aug 2007 X360 ~492.000

Aug 2015 X1 ~344.000

In total: 

X360 3.205.000

X1 3.145.000

Well, bummer, X1 didn't even exceed 360 sales (according to VGC). I highly doubt the rest of the year will bring major change. In 2007 Halo 3 was released. Indeed, 2007vs2015 would be an apropriate pair to compare. However...

The conclusion:

Your claims, Sir...

"Each Xbox system is getting more and more popular than the next."

"Microsoft xbox one is selling faster than 360 each and every year."

...have been disproven.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Looks like Halo fizzled as what was expected from the data.

Ali_16x said:

From NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184510409&postcount=1656

"I've heard concrete information that Halo 5 launch numbers will be some of the lowest yet. Like 1.4-1.5M low. I'm willing to polygraph with an admin if need be, I've seen how inside information is dealt with here :P"

He was vetted by Head Mod at NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184512938&postcount=1681

The source said it was retail only, so probably 20% maximum coming from digital would be around 1.68 - 1.8 million total.

PS domination. Good ol' PS2 days back. weeps.

Look like a Pac-Man on steroid, lol.

Snoopy said:
Zoombael said:

Only thing you are proving is that apperantly Sony isn't the simple profit hungry capitalist mega corporation and truly wants to satisfy a wide spectrum of gamers, unlike Microsoft, going simply for the mainstream audience and showing no to minimum effort in doing so, always looking for the best profit margin. Well done.

Sony isn't money hungry? Thats funny, because last time I checked they're a corporation. Microsoft knows that you need to expand or you're going to explode just like the early colonist in America. They bought Gears of War, Minecraft, Havok this generation and possibly AMD. Each Xbox system is getting more and more popular than the next. Sony is too comfortable where they're at and they will one day run into a brick wall just look at Nintendo. Microsoft is the only console manufacture that improves each generation and gains more popularity. Sony is surviving mostly off of brand name and being cheaper at the start which caused a lot of people to purchase a PS4 and now their friends are.

Goodness I just stumbled on this goldmine of fail produced by Snoopy. There is so much BS coming from you I'm actually impressed. 

XBO may still be ahead of 360 slightly in sales, but I would place a high bet it will fall short of the 360s sales, and I think most likely by 10-20mill or more, by the end of this gen. 

Also, Sony resting on their laurels and MS not... Please see last gen 360 anytime after midway thru the gen. They were ahead and stopped making exclusives, esp new IP. Only thing they did was pump out sequels from the same franchises, while PS3 came out with exclusive after exclusive. As for ps4, I'll fully admit Sony messed up in not getting enough exclusives early enough (tho I still far prefer the ps4 library over XBO, with Ori and Sunset overdrive being the only games for XBO so far which have even remotely interested me), but with ps4s 2016-2017 massive exclusives schedule, saying Sony has gotten comfortable, esp while in the same sentence saying MS never has, is just asinine. Both times MS worked really hard at pleasing gamers were when it was the underdog (i.e. Currently and in early 360 days). It's a similar situation for Sony. The competitor behind tends to work the hardest the please bc they're playing catchup.

Also, I can't go without commenting on one of ur other (ridiculous) statements. The whole ps4 has no 2 mill selling games comment. U say this, then several ppl immediately shut u down by using actual factual information (it's a hell of a thing), and then u change ur argument that it's pitiful ps4 games aren't selling more than 2mill. Again, anyone utilizing factual information rather than excessive levels of ignorance will see the fallacy in ur comments. The main thing I wanted to comment on was ur statement about uncharted 4 and SF5's sales. Trying to maneuver you're way out of again being proven wrong, u admitted SF5 and Uncharted 4 SHOULD do 2million. SHOULD. This actually made me laugh. SF5 very well could do 5mill plus, and Uncharted 4 cannot be ruled out as a 9-10 mill seller. U3 did 6+mill on a console that had fairly poor sales in the US, while ps4 has regained most of that userbase and is even MORE popular in EU and all other regions than PS3 was. AND, Uncharted 4 is being made by TLoU team and will be a masterpiece. Uncharted 2 had this status, and U3 didn't grow he franchise much bc it was a disappointment compared to U2 to most ppl.

That's all.