By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony posts $280M profit. PS4 ships 4 million in Q2 & LTD = 29.3 Million

Hey SONY is on the high , lets downplay their performance with opinion and hate, because it's fun

back to the topic, being positive is great but i hope this will not make them arrogance like when it happen on PS2 days. And also they still need to put more exclusive JRPG (yeah i think Nier, FFXV, FF7, Dragon Quest ) is not enough for me , and also i hope the VR will not flop or even if it's flop PS4 will cover that.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:

The whole concept of Console generations is compeletely arbitrary and meaningless. Does the PSP belong to The PS2 Generation or the PS3 generation? It game out between both. Ohh well I guess that's arbiratrary. Does the PSV belong to the PS3 generation or the PS4 generation.  It came out in between both. Ohh crap. Looks like that's completely arbitrary too.

You want to lump PS3 and PSP sales together and PS4 and PSV sales together as if that actually means anything, well that's your perogative. However, such things literally only seem to matter to Nintendo fans, mostly because it helps mask how, with the exception of the Wii and DS, Nintendo hardware has sold less than its predecessor on a fairly linear path.

Your post makes no sense at all but that's what I expect from Sony fans. Handhelds don't count because Sony sucks ass at them. I guess home consoles don't count because Ninty could careless about them. PSP launched a year ahead of ps3...obviously its part of its Gen. I lump them together because hardware sold is hardware sold. Sony works hard at selling their home consoles and they reap the rewards. Ninty does the same for instead their handhelds. So yeah conveniently ignoring Nintys good side makes absolutely no sense, its what Sony fans do to hide sonys failure.

Aura7541 said:
potato_hamster said:

The whole concept of Console generations is compeletely arbitrary and meaningless. Does the PSP belong to The PS2 Generation or the PS3 generation? It game out between both. Ohh well I guess that's arbiratrary. Does the PSV belong to the PS3 generation or the PS4 generation.  It came out in between both. Ohh crap. Looks like that's completely arbitrary too.

You want to lump PS3 and PSP sales together and PS4 and PSV sales together as if that actually means anything, well that's your perogative. However, such things literally only seem to matter to Nintendo fans, mostly because it helps mask how, with the exception of the Wii and DS, Nintendo hardware has sold less than its predecessor on a fairly linear path.

Tachikoma actually touched on this subject some time ago. I don't remember the thread where she talked about this, but basically, home console and handheld generations are not synchronized. You already pointed out with Playstation. I'll provide examples for Nintendo.

The N64 came out on 1996, but the Gameboy Color came out on 1998.
While the Gameboy Advance and Gamecube were released in 2001, the DS came out on 2004 while the Wii came out on 2006.
Nintendo's current handheld and console, were released in 2011 and 2012, respectively.

They have been synchronized since GBA/GC. This is just another excuse at trying to separate handhelds and home consoles.

You know what, I see what you mean now.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

he T

Aura7541 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

No where in my post did I indicate I was talking about home consoles only. I could careless about the conversation you want to make it. The market includes handheld devices whether Sony does well at them or not.

The overall discussion was about home consoles. Home console and handheld generations are NOT monolithic. However, you tried to add in handhelds because the results do not agree with your preconceptions. Since you don't seem to care about the actual topic of the conversation, you are being completely disingenuous.

Stay on topic or else, no one will take you seriously.

The topic was never about home consoles so stay out of it if you don't know what you're talking about. This is my last response to you.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Yet the ps4s biggest Japanese game is being shared with 3DS... I could careless about your opinion of trying to treat handhelds as if they aren't apart of the gaming market. At the end of the day its what I expect from Sony fans trying to spin Sony selling less hardware this Gen. No where did I indicate in my post I was referring to home consoles only. This will be my last response to you.

lol

PS4 > PS3 + PSP at the same timeframe.

What a hell you are talking about? Sony IS selling more hardware than last gen... even combined.

PS4 160M+ confirmed. Good luck with that brah.

Nintyfan90 said:

Your post makes no sense at all but that's what I expect from Sony fans. Handhelds don't count because Sony sucks ass at them. I guess home consoles don't count because Ninty could careless about them. PSP launched a year ahead of ps3...obviously its part of its Gen. I lump them together because hardware sold is hardware sold. Sony works hard at selling their home consoles and they reap the rewards. Ninty does the same for instead their handhelds. So yeah conveniently ignoring Nintys good side makes absolutely no sense, its what Sony fans do to hide sonys failure.

It makes perfect sense to anyone who understands what "arbitrary" means. Do you understand what "arbitrary" means? No, the PSP is not obviously a part of the PS3's gen. Prove that it definitely isn't a part of the PS2's gen. Ohh right, there is no proof, because your reasoning in completely arbitrary.

What that means is the how you lump them together is completely and utterly meaningless. You can lump them together in an infinite number of ways, but you have decided that this way is the right way the same way that religions decide that their god is the right god. So go ahead, prove that your way of lumping them together is absolutely and undeniably the best way to lump them together.

If Ninty is working so hard at selling their handhelds, why are the sales of the 3DS about half as high as the DS was over the same time period. It's a good thing that's what they were working so hard at, because it would even more embarssing if they were actually working really hard on selling the Wii U.

potato_hamster said:

It makes perfect sense to anyone who understands what "arbitrary" means. Do you understand what "arbitrary" means? No, the PSP is not obviously a part of the PS3's gen. Prove that it definitely isn't a part of the PS2's gen. Ohh right, there is no proof, because your reasoning in completely arbitrary.

What that means is the how you lump them together is completely and utterly meaningless. You can lump them together in an infinite number of ways, but you have decided that this way is the right way the same way that religions decide that their god is the right god. So go ahead, prove that your way of lumping them together is absolutely and undeniably the best way to lump them together.

If Ninty is working so hard at selling their handhelds, why are the sales of the 3DS about half as high as the DS was over the same time period. It's a good thing that's what they were working so hard at, because it would even more embarssing if they were actually working really hard on selling the Wii U.

What a ridiculous post. Prove to you the psp and ps3 are part of the same Gen? They released a year apart... Wiiu and ps4 shouldn't be compared then since they released a year apart. For the rest of your childish post, ps4 will sell less than ps2 and vita will sell less than psp. This will be my last post to you by the way. You have shown me you are only interested in attacking ninty. That 3ds vs. Ds comparison was completely irrelevant. All I said was ninty doesn't care about home consoles and then you reply with that childish shit?

Nintyfan90 said:

What a ridiculous post. Prove to you the psp and ps3 are part of the same Gen? They released a year apart... Wiiu and ps4 shouldn't be compared then since they released a year apart. For the rest of your childish post, ps4 will sell less than ps2 and vita will sell than psp.

Why is the fact that they came out within a year important? The fact remains that the PSP was released while the PS2 was Sony's primary home console. Therefore I've decided that It's part of the PS2's generation. Prove me wrong.

Who was comparing the PS4 and Wii U? Not me. I mean there really is no point in comparing the success of one vs the other is there?

Nintyfan90 said:
ethomaz said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Yet the ps4s biggest Japanese game is being shared with 3DS... I could careless about your opinion of trying to treat handhelds as if they aren't apart of the gaming market. At the end of the day its what I expect from Sony fans trying to spin Sony selling less hardware this Gen. No where did I indicate in my post I was referring to home consoles only. This will be my last response to you.

lol

PS4 > PS3 + PSP at the same timeframe.

What a hell you are talking about? Sony IS selling more hardware than last gen... even combined.

PS4 160M+ confirmed. Good luck with that brah.

He's referring to aligned launch. Reading other people's posts thoroughly will prevent you from seeming like you don't know what you're talking about. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames