By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony posts $280M profit. PS4 ships 4 million in Q2 & LTD = 29.3 Million

Aura7541 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

I already pointed that out with this phrase: "While the Gameboy Advance and Gamecube were released in 2001, the DS came out on 2004 while the Wii came out on 2006."

Please read with more caution.

Nintyfan90 said:

The topic was never about home consoles so stay out of it if you don't know what you're talking about. This is my last response to you. 

Not once were handhelds brought into the conversation until you started it. I don't know what what were your exact intentions for moving the goalposts, but it is quite obvious that you are triggered by the success of a piece of plastic. Hopefully, when you return from your ban, you have learned to stop being so belligerent.

Triggered? Yet you are the one defending that piece of plastic. You even say the overall discussion is about home consoles? The thread title surely doesnt indicate home consoles only. You really think i care about being banned lol, you spend too much time here lol. This is my last response to you, you are just another sony fan that thinks the market revolves around home consoles. Ethos post about the MARKET is what I replied to. Then Sony fans as usual do their best to turn that into home consoles only. So ill leave you with this, why do Sony fans think the market only include home consoles? I already know the answer but maybe you should ask yourself does the 3DS not effect the ps4 in atleast one territory? Or are you in denial of that as well?

Moderated - Leadified

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:

Triggered? Yet you are the one defending that piece of plastic. You even say the overall discussion is about home consoles? The thread title surely doesnt indicate home consoles only. You really think i care about being banned lol, you spend too much time here lol. This is my last response to you, you are just another sony fan that thinks the market revolves around home consoles. Ethos post about the MARKET is what I replied to. Then Sony fans as usual do their best to turn that into home consoles only. So ill leave you with this, why do Sony fans think the market only include home consoles? I already know the answer but maybe you should ask yourself does the 3DS not effect the ps4 in atleast one territory? Or are you in denial of that as well?

Moderated - Leadified

I know you're banned (again, apparently) and this is a late reply (quite antithetical to your claim that I spend too much time here, eh?). However, once again, you are off topic and you're not helping yourself with all of these personal insults. I'm hardly offended by them, but I am interested in having a constructive discussion. Disagreements are okay as long as we respect each other, but clearly you aren't interested in that nor are you willing to add anything constructive. Constantly stating red herring falsehoods as counterarguments against my points won't get you anywhere nor does insisting your fallacies repetitively work.

Overall, stick to the topic at hand or otherwise your points won't be considered seriously.

Sony need to invest some of that money they're making towards the PS4 and not VR. VR will more than likely fail imo. Just another overprice gimmick like the kinect.

So, about those millions of units sitting on shelves...or...boats? Whatever was being argued

Roronaa_chan said:
So, about those millions of units sitting on shelves...or...boats? Whatever was being argued

Sony must be sailing those ships very close to Somalia.  God those pirates just can't get enough of ps4.  Every single unit they ship is gone before they know it.  Apparently assassins creed black flag is the game they all want to play :)

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Nintyfan90 said:

he T

The topic was never about home consoles so stay out of it if you don't know what you're talking about. This is my last response to you.

Reading back through this thread, you seem to have come here only to rain on the Sony parade. It's fine if you don't like Sony, or even hate them, but this thread is about Sony's turning their fortunes around and the success of the PS4, not about handheld consoles.

You also seem to have a lack of understanding for the use of aligned launch comparisons and prefer to use the existing totals. The reason most forum users use aligned launch is because as you've pointed out, not every machine in each generation launches at the same time. Aligned launch more accurately shows number comparisons of how well the consoles are doing. In this sense, the 3DS has the best total numbers this generation, but it also launched a year and a half ahead of the PS4. The PS4 has consistently outsold the 3DS since it's launch, and has it beat in aligned launch. On the flip side, the Vita puts up a good fight against the Wii U every week, making their numbers fairly even. Combine these, and you're looking at better weekly sales and aligned launch sales for Sony consoles. 

tl;dr, Stop trying to start fights, learn the etiquette of these forums, and get your facts straight before jumping headlong into an argument about facts. 

I didnt say anything about aligned launches and I love your complete failure to mention Wiiu clearly performing better than Vita launch aligned lol. Instead your true colors come out and you just couldnt just say Wiiu is slowly catching up. If you're gonna try to act unbias, atleast mention Sonys shortcomings. I didnt come to start a fight, someone made a childish post and i responded. Ethomaz was the person i quoted, so read it. Its the Sonys fans that jumped on me because god forbid mention a handheld and bitching becomes immense from sony gamers. Its truly entertaining seeing Sony fans try to explain why handhelds are irrelevant lol. Why even compare Ninty to Sony if both clearly put majority of their resources into completely different things. If comparing the two fails to mention WiiU & 3DS vs PS4 & Vita then the comparison simply isnt fair either way. Sony doesnt care for handhelds just as Ninty doesnt care for home consoles. Nothing wrong with my behavior I simply included the ENTIRE dedicated gaming market instead of the market Sony fans want to cherry pick.