By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony posts $280M profit. PS4 ships 4 million in Q2 & LTD = 29.3 Million

Nintyfan90 said:
ethomaz said:
Nintyfan90 said:

No need to argue with you. You are clearly only concerned with ps3 vs ps4 which doesn't prove at all the market isn't shrinking. Vita says hello everytime you try to ignore it. PS3/PSP > PS4/Vita at the end of the day.

WTF has Vita to do with console market... Vita/3DS competition is mobile market lol

Yet the ps4s biggest Japanese game is being shared with 3DS... I could careless about your opinion of trying to treat handhelds as if they aren't apart of the gaming market. At the end of the day its what I expect from Sony fans trying to spin Sony selling less hardware this Gen. No where did I indicate in my post I was referring to home consoles only. This will be my last response to you.

by your reasoning doesn't that mean that phones are part of the equation?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Yet the ps4s biggest Japanese game is being shared with 3DS... I could careless about your opinion of trying to treat handhelds as if they aren't apart of the gaming market. At the end of the day its what I expect from Sony fans trying to spin Sony selling less hardware this Gen. No where did I indicate in my post I was referring to home consoles only. This will be my last response to you.

No of course not because Nintendo doesn't make phones.

Intrinsic said:
Nintyfan90 said:

If you're talking about the hardware side of things phones wouldn't be included because they're not gaming dedicated devices.

foxtail said:
Intrinsic said:

If you're talking about the hardware side of things phones wouldn't be included because they're not gaming dedicated devices.

They're just as dedicated to gaming as say, an xbox one.

potato_hamster said:
foxtail said:
Intrinsic said:

Xbox One is a gaming focused device though, that is its main purpose and its main selling feature.

Around the Network

People really Think their opinions outweight facts.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

foxtail said:
potato_hamster said:
foxtail said:
Intrinsic said:

Xbox One is a gaming focused device though, that is its main purpose and its main selling feature.

2013E3 tvtvtv says otherwise.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the best place to play ;D

DonFerrari said:
foxtail said:

2013E3 tvtvtv says otherwise.

TV was just a early way to differentiate it from the PS4 at that E3.  Are there many real ads/commercials for the Xbox One that focus more on TV than on games?

Games are what sell this machine. Games are what distinguish and define it compared to other devices.

I don't even know if the Xbox One is or isn't a fully functioning standalone cable box replacement, but I do know that Xbox One plays games because I see tons of ads showing me those games.  

Those are some pretty insane numbers. If Sony can keep up the momentum throughout the gen, we could be looking at PS2 level of sales.