By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Do you consider METAL, techno, screamo, etc music or just entertainment?

Music or just entertainment

M 71 81.61%

E 2 2.30%

neither 3 3.45%

other, explain 2 2.30%

see results 5 5.75%

Jackie CHan MEme ( WHat, I do not even) 4 4.60%

Total:87

Techno is all about rhythm and melodies. Why would you think it isn't music? It's the building blocks of music to the extreme.

I don't even know what screamo is....

Around the Network

I would say it's music, but technically, music is also entertainment :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

They get mad because you're wrong. It is music. It is, by definition, music.

Absolutely. Even music I don't like, I'd still consider music. It just so happens that you listed some of the best genres :P

Music I don't like is still music.

If you want to call it 'bad' music that' perfectly fine, but you can't say it's not music.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Metal? What universe do we exist in where the musicality of metal could possibly be questioned? I can understand why you could think that techno and (to extents) screamo might not be music, but you're probably thinking of a very specific kind of metal, cause there are a ton of metal subgenres, with metal itself being a subgenre to rock.

Yeah, all of that stuff is music. By fact.

bet: lost

Those are all different genres. I don't understand what the "etc." means or what would make them not music.

You can think that they're not GOOD music, but they're music--they just plain are. Any series of sounds meant to come together into a tune is music, whether it's a bunch of people beating on rocks or screaming into a microphone.

Ka-pi96 said:
Of course it's music. The very best kind of music as well!

this

I wasn't into Metal/screamo back in the high school days despite most of my friends listening to it. Now it's probably my favorite genre. And also it's the perfect gym music.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Metal, and Techno are most certainly music.

What? What does that even mean?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.