By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is VGChartz facing an impending crash?

VGForum... Sounds horrible...

Around the Network

Unfortunately ioi holds the keys to the kingdom, the kingdom being the sales numbers that have given the site its important niche until this past year.

Machina, Torillian, and the rest of the staff have been doing all they can to keep the site as up to date as possible, merging gamrReview back into VGChartz to give the site a more current news feed (and count me among those who praise the work done by the writing staff. Putting them and their work in the same breath as the other issues VGChartz faces is extremely unfair). That, and we're solely dependent on volunteer coders with extremely limited time like Truck and Tachi to help bring this site up to date.

It's abundantly clear that there's a plethora of folks who love this site and want to see it be the best it can be, and that includes forum goers who choose to make this site their home. Unfortunately, we're all locked out of the kitchen, and we're just getting by with scraps.

I have faith in all those I've mentioned previously, and I know they will do all they can to ensure that VGC can flourish, but until VGChartz is Video Game Chartz, we can only do so much to sustain the site.

Vgchartz are kicking themselves in the foot, late data means no one is checking here for news anymore, cant be promoted on n4g etc.

Less data, less people eventually. The only people who will stay here are the active forum'ers and even they will slowly go away

I think yes, no numbers, slow news and moderators aline with companys like sony or others break the balance and the impartiality, this are the reasons vgchrtz is going to crash.

34 years playing games.

Machina said:
spemanig said:

Not for nothing, but saying that he's someone who "contributes nothing to the site" is a very easy thing to cause a misunderstand. Either you're specifically saying that he as an individual has had no input of substance to the site and forums, which is directly just plain rude, or you're more likely saying that his opinions on the site are less valid because he's not on staff, in which case it's clear as day how that could be misconstrued as being a window into your opinions on the average user.

If you meant neither, you didn't make it very clear.

Hmm, yes I see your point. It wasn't so much a case of elitism at him not being on staff, but rather that to my knowledge he hadn't volunteered to help the site, so from where I was sitting he was criticisng (though he's since clairified he wasn't, so it's all academic now; just want to explain my position) the work of those who had volunteered their time to help out the site they care about for one reason or another despite not being willing to do so himself. 

Ok thank you for the clarification. In all fairness it should of stopped after my second post that explained what I meant.

Let's just move on.

Around the Network

The community, the conversation, the clever argument posted in discussion is on another level to other site I have tried which have "constant trolling" and a lot of very stupid post (N4G for example). I haven't try GAF yet, so cannot really talk about it. I miss the numbers but the discussion are still as good and amazon is keeping things interesting. Now if amazon were to post 4 straight month wrong then I will start missing the numbers

Machina said:

Hmm, yes I see your point. It wasn't so much a case of elitism at him not being on staff, but rather that to my knowledge he hadn't volunteered to help the site, so from where I was sitting he was criticisng (though he's since clairified he wasn't, so it's all academic now; just want to explain my position) the work of those who had volunteered their time to help out the site they care about for one reason or another despite not being willing to do so himself. 

Ah, I see. I understand,  and that's definitely valid.  I think it may have been more clear if you worded it to say "coming from someone who hasn't expressed interest in contributing to the site" instead.

Either way, as you said, it's purely academic at this point lol.

I think yes, no numbers, slow news and moderators aline with companys like sony or others break the balance and the impartiality, this are the reasons vgchrtz is going to crash.

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:

Problems With Moderation. If you have a problem with a moderator or a moderation, send the moderator who issued your moderation a private message (Rule 11 applies to PMs as well as posts, wall posts, and any other moderator-related conversation), and if you are still dissatisfied, send a private message to the Lead Moderators.

• Do not post these issues in the forums, outside of moderator-sanctioned threads, or on the moderator's wall - doing so will result in moderation action against you.

This is the second time this has been posted. There won't be a third folks. If you have a question or complaint, either PM the moderator who issued your moderation or a head moderator (Veknoid, Axum, or Carl). Thanks. :)

I like vgchartz better without all those annoying sales data, Now we get good threads about the NX instead of the usual '' weekly sale of whatever day that started the week'' and all the shitty sales whores have left the site.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.